BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A couple of interesting finds this weekend

+2
bird of prey
John I.
6 posters

Go down

A couple of interesting finds this weekend Empty A couple of interesting finds this weekend

Post  John I. February 15th 2010, 1:44 am

[img]A couple of interesting finds this weekend SnakesSOHC[/img]
Good thing I got to see this on Friday, it was gone on Saturday. First time I've ever seen one in person!
A couple of interesting finds this weekend MTfunnycar
Mickey T's world championship winning FC - don't know if it had a cammer in it or not, I wasn't about to pop the hood.

John I.
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

A couple of interesting finds this weekend Empty Re: A couple of interesting finds this weekend

Post  bird of prey February 15th 2010, 2:59 am

cool pic
bird of prey
bird of prey

Back to top Go down

A couple of interesting finds this weekend Empty Re: A couple of interesting finds this weekend

Post  73f100shortbox557SCJ February 15th 2010, 12:44 pm

Cool pics,
sorry not tryin to be an ass but that blue 69 I believe is mickey's salt flat car, and it has a 427 or 428 in it.
73f100shortbox557SCJ
73f100shortbox557SCJ

Back to top Go down

Post  John I. February 15th 2010, 3:11 pm

Did Danny Ongais (sp) drive on the salt? I never paid much attention to it, maybe it was a salt car. His name was on it so I just assumed it was a FC. (I was in a big hurry) Very Happy
Edit... Now that I'm thinking clearly, it couldn't be a funny car. Where's the blower?? Duhhhh...
Wonder why a salt car would be in front of a drag racing museum?

John I.
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 15th 2010, 3:21 pm

thats not a funny car it is a stock car the wheels tell me that (the gold wheels) , I bet thats one of the 429 Boss stock cars from the early days.....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  73f100shortbox557SCJ February 15th 2010, 3:40 pm

John i think ur right that name sounds familiar,

i know for a fact it isnt a nascar and no boss 429 in it, hot rod had a big feature article on mickey and that car made the cover, it has an fe in it, and now that i think about im pretty sure it was a 428.
73f100shortbox557SCJ
73f100shortbox557SCJ

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav February 15th 2010, 6:24 pm

73f100shortbox557SCJ wrote:Cool pics,
sorry not tryin to be an ass but that blue 69 I believe is mickey's salt flat car, and it has a 427 or 428 in it.

Yeah, thats one of mickeys Bonneville cars.
I dont know if the 69 funny has ever been restored or still around. I talked to the current owner in the mid-eighties who had it. He was in the process of making a 70 model out of it and running a BBC for Super-Comp then pale Mad ,WTF!

BTW, the red one Pat Foster drove was destroyed in Texas back then.
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  John I. February 15th 2010, 10:09 pm

A few more pictures from Pomona

A couple of interesting finds this weekend P1000508
An engine shot. If you look closely, the block isn't painted, and it looks like it's rusty.

A couple of interesting finds this weekend P1000540
Blondes and blue ovals go together

A couple of interesting finds this weekend P1000512
This was a turbo'd comp car that ran a mid 6 at over 220mph. Anybody know who it is?

A couple of interesting finds this weekend P1000582

They had an autograph session at the Winters, and I stood in line for 2hrs cause Glidden was supposed to be there and he wasn't. I guess everybody knows these 3 faces. Boy, when somebody gave Bill Jenkins the nickname Grump, they were spot on. Made 3 different comments to him, and he never even answered me or even looked at me. Arne "The Farmer" Beswick was the friendliest of the bunch, but I think they were all getting played out in the heat.

John I.
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  pipedobber February 16th 2010, 9:37 pm

I'm almost positive that is the salt flat car of Mickey Thompson's that now resides about 20 mins from my house along with the anniversery tribute car. It is now owned by Brent Hajek of Ames, OK. He owns Hajek Motorsports and has a lot of old nostalgia ford racecars. He also has the Gas Rhonda car and Jungle Jim's car on display. Really neat place to visit. He also has several sohc's on display. Chris

pipedobber
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down