BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DON"T BUY STARBUCKS

+6
schmitty
Carl
Diggindeeper
billandlori
Curt
dave d
10 posters

Go down

DON"T BUY STARBUCKS Empty DON"T BUY STARBUCKS

Post  dave d February 24th 2010, 2:16 pm

Guess I won't be drinking Starbucks!! Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee. So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house. If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and no one will never know. Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there

again when I deploy once more. Semper Fidelis.. Sgt. Howard C. Wright 1st Force Recon

EVEN IF YOU DON'T SUPPORT THE WAR SUPPORT OUR MEN AND WOMEN THAT OR SERVING OUR COUNTRY
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

DON"T BUY STARBUCKS Empty That's how rumors get started

Post  Curt February 24th 2010, 2:28 pm

Although I do not drink their coffee, and would not be able to boycot them, here is the story from snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

And, thank you so much for your service. DON"T BUY STARBUCKS American-pride-ribbon_www-txt2pic-c

I would not support any person or persons that did not support our troops whatever their endevor may be.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

DON"T BUY STARBUCKS Empty Re: DON"T BUY STARBUCKS

Post  dave d February 24th 2010, 2:47 pm

THANKS CURT on the link good luck on the road brother is leaving texas sat heading back to ohio says its to cold for him down there isn't any better up here
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt February 24th 2010, 2:55 pm

I can not tell you how happy we are down here for global warming, cause it would be a cold sombitch without it. LOL What a Face
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori February 24th 2010, 5:37 pm

Thank you for your service.

I will pass this along to everyone I know.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper February 24th 2010, 7:50 pm

I never supported them anyway.
1) i'd have no idea what the hell i'm ordering by looking at the menu
2) I can buy a whole can of coffee grounds and make it myself for the price they want for 1

But now there is NO chance of me going there. I think its fine if you dont agree with THE war, or any war for that matter. But to hold it against the troops is ignorant, and stupid.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt February 24th 2010, 7:51 pm

Bill, make sure you read that the story is incorrect, a hoax.

No coffee beans were harmed in the typing of this post bounce
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl February 24th 2010, 10:53 pm

Yes, the anti marine story is false, but.......

Starbucks has recently told anti-gun groups to get bent when they requested open carry be banned in their stores. This was in response to open carry get togethers being held at starbucks.

I buy coffee at Starbucks once in a while (plain and black), and will continue as long as they support the 2nd amendment.

Carl

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty February 25th 2010, 12:27 am

I hate coffee, but they make some kick azz hot chocolate. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori February 25th 2010, 12:34 am

Curt wrote:Bill, make sure you read that the story is incorrect, a hoax.

No coffee beans were harmed in the typing of this post bounce

10-4 Curt!

Fivebucks is off the hook.....

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH February 25th 2010, 2:49 am

Carl wrote:Yes, the anti marine story is false, but.......

Starbucks has recently told anti-gun groups to get bent when they requested open carry be banned in their stores. This was in response to open carry get togethers being held at starbucks.

I buy coffee at Starbucks once in a while (plain and black), and will continue as long as they support the 2nd amendment.
is this first hand info or i heard it from ? When it comes time to collect social security , don't go in/boycott the federal building . no guns allowed . there is a time and place for guns ... Starbucks--- i don't think so.

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl February 25th 2010, 12:06 pm

DanH wrote:
Carl wrote:Yes, the anti marine story is false, but.......

is this first hand info or i heard it from ? When it comes time to collect social security , don't go in/boycott the federal building . no guns allowed . there is a time and place for guns ... Starbucks--- i don't think so.

Starbucks is not that place for guns?!?!?! Sorry, but the United States Constitution disagrees with you.

This was a well documented case. A simple google search will turn up plenty of reading for you.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=starbucks+open+carry&aq=0p&aqi=g-p1g9&aql=&oq=starbucks+

DON"T BUY STARBUCKS 0

Carl

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH February 25th 2010, 9:25 pm

i'm not saying legal. ok they do it to prove a point . how many do they scare ? do the point makers out number the scared when a vote come up about the issue ? all i got to say is DON'T give them a reason to take away your rights

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD February 25th 2010, 9:56 pm

DanH wrote:i'm not saying legal. ok they do it to prove a point . how many do they scare ? do the point makers out number the scared when a vote come up about the issue ? all i got to say is DON'T give them a reason to take away your rights

Well put.

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl February 25th 2010, 10:26 pm

DanH wrote:i'm not saying legal. ok they do it to prove a point . how many do they scare ? do the point makers out number the scared when a vote come up about the issue ? all i got to say is DON'T give them a reason to take away your rights

If you're affraid to exercise your rights for fear of losing them, they're already as good as gone.

It's time for people to accept where they live and what it means to be an American. 99.44% of gun owner's are fine upstanding citizens that aren't to be feared. How many of the people that are anti-gun would be outraged at somebody infringing on their 1st Amendment rights, or any of the others they like? You don't get to cherry pick. Are you an American or aren't you?

Carl

Back to top Go down

Post  95lightiningguy February 25th 2010, 11:02 pm

Carl wrote:

If you're affraid to exercise your rights for fear of losing them, they're already as good as gone.

It's time for people to accept where they live and what it means to be an American. 99.44% of gun owner's are fine upstanding citizens that aren't to be feared. How many of the people that are anti-gun would be outraged at somebody infringing on their 1st Amendment rights, or any of the others they like? You don't get to cherry pick. Are you an American or aren't you?
HEAR HEAR AMEN.
95lightiningguy
95lightiningguy

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 25th 2010, 11:17 pm

This might sound like a rant, but oh well. I'm still fired up from talking about it a few weeks ago at work... Here goes.

I'm all for the second amendment. I've taken the CCW classes, just never felt the need to go buy a handgun and carry it on a daily basis.

Just because the feds say you can carry a weapon doesn't mean you can carry that weapon into or onto private property. Last I checked Starbucks was in fact private property... They can make their own rules regarding the subject. Just like my employer does. I can carry all I want, just not into the office building. Why? because it's private property. It has to stay in the truck. If I go into one of our open air facilities (ie, docks, yards, etc...) the weapon has to stay in the truck outside the facility. Again, it's because it's private property.

Same goes for my house. Chances are I wouldn't let you into my house if you were packing. My private property, my decision. Don't like it, oh well.

Like I first said. I'm all for the second amendment. It's a right to bear arms. Just not a right to bear them on or in private property. The property owner ALWAYS has his own rights to set those rules.

I don't have a problem with CCW. I have a problem with some CCW holders that think it is their right to bear said arms ANYWHERE they please. That unfortunately is NOT the case...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl February 26th 2010, 1:11 am

jbozzelle wrote:This might sound like a rant, but oh well. I'm still fired up from talking about it a few weeks ago at work... Here goes.

I'm all for the second amendment. I've taken the CCW classes, just never felt the need to go buy a handgun and carry it on a daily basis.

Just because the feds say you can carry a weapon doesn't mean you can carry that weapon into or onto private property. Last I checked Starbucks was in fact private property... They can make their own rules regarding the subject. Just like my employer does. I can carry all I want, just not into the office building. Why? because it's private property. It has to stay in the truck. If I go into one of our open air facilities (ie, docks, yards, etc...) the weapon has to stay in the truck outside the facility. Again, it's because it's private property.

Same goes for my house. Chances are I wouldn't let you into my house if you were packing. My private property, my decision. Don't like it, oh well.

Like I first said. I'm all for the second amendment. It's a right to bear arms. Just not a right to bear them on or in private property. The property owner ALWAYS has his own rights to set those rules.

I don't have a problem with CCW. I have a problem with some CCW holders that think it is their right to bear said arms ANYWHERE they please. That unfortunately is NOT the case...

100% correct. Private property owners (and in most cases renters) have every right to post a "no guns" sign at the entrance, and have violators procecuted for trespass. I don't think anyone here suggested that people's or businesses private property rights should be infringed.

In the case of Starbucks, they have clearly stated that they will continue to allow people to carry a means of personal defense on their property (when legally allowed to do so), which is why I will buy coffee from them instead of Pete's Coffee which is anti-gun and supports anti-gun groups.

Carl

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt March 3rd 2010, 9:27 pm

Here is another story showing that they approve of the 2nd amendmend

Starbucks story
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content