BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

suggested items needed for chassis dyno tune

Go down

suggested items needed for chassis dyno tune Empty suggested items needed for chassis dyno tune

Post  63boxtop February 24th 2010, 9:25 pm

finally getting the time from work and have my rearend back together so i can knock this out, i moved from sea level in florida to NM which sits at 4300 MSL so i need to retune and figured a chassis dyno would probably be the best bang for the buck, here was my combo at sea level

557 11:1 cr on 93 octance gas, Aluminum BT heads, comp solid roller 254/260 @ .050 and .671/678, victor intake, pro systems 1150 dominator tuned by patrick at pro-systems for this motor 88 primary jets and 96 in the secondary's
34 total timing
autolite AR 3923 plugs

back at sea level i had mixed results as far as plugs were concerened the fron 2 seemed to run a little rich but the other 6 burned pretty good, no issues as far as pre-detonation running 34 on the timing

looking at running around 110 octane since i only bracket race this car now but wasn't sure on what i needed for extra parts to take with me or a suggested starting point for this altitude, as far as jet size and plugs etc., also looking at adding a jomar or the hvh spacer to help things out

thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions

rick

63boxtop

Back to top Go down