BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spark plugs

+6
rmcomprandy
bbf-falcon
richter69
whatbumper
jts557
342g
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

spark plugs - Page 2 Empty Re: spark plugs

Post  the Coug March 25th 2010, 10:10 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
bb429power wrote:All you need is Champion spark plugs. You don't need to get fancy, and don't buy the E3 Diamond-fire plugs. You have to run the high octane pump gas all the time for them to work. They're apparently crap, my brothers friend put them in is truck, had to buy different ones. One type that I liked was Split Fire, they worked just fine and will probably put them in my 466.

I would'nt run a Champion plug in a weed eater No Smile

I use Champions to tie to a fishing line and throw them as far out in the lake as Possible and that way if you loose them no big loss.....I am like Rick I will not run them in anything I own Period.....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  342g March 25th 2010, 10:12 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
bb429power wrote:All you need is Champion spark plugs. You don't need to get fancy, and don't buy the E3 Diamond-fire plugs. You have to run the high octane pump gas all the time for them to work. They're apparently crap, my brothers friend put them in is truck, had to buy different ones. One type that I liked was Split Fire, they worked just fine and will probably put them in my 466.

cheers ditto... I have already got the number of the plug I need, thanks to Randy,
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 25th 2010, 10:16 pm

Harold, How did today go?

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  342g March 25th 2010, 10:36 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Harold, How did today go?
CHECK YOUR P.M.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g March 25th 2010, 10:47 pm

Did you get it?
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 26th 2010, 8:17 am

342g wrote:Did you get it?

you gonna post some pics Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 26th 2010, 10:10 am

Looks good Harold. dan said you was so anxious to see him that you showed up at his place at 4.30am. lol! lol! king I loved it.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  342g March 26th 2010, 11:49 am

bbf-falcon wrote:Looks good Harold. dan said you was so anxious to see him that you showed up at his place at 4.30am. lol! lol! king I loved it.

No comment......... Shocked Shocked cheers
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power March 27th 2010, 11:08 am

the Coug wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:

I use Champions to tie to a fishing line and throw them as far out in the lake as Possible and that way if you loose them no big loss.....I am like Rick I will not run them in anything I own Period.....

Randy

Whats bad about Champion plugs? I thought they were good, I run them in my 351w. Do they not spark the way they should and fail? confused
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 27th 2010, 1:38 pm

bb429power wrote:
the Coug wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:

Randy

Whats bad about Champion plugs? I thought they were good, I run them in my 351w. Do they not spark the way they should and fail? confused

Champion in the spark plug world is like Pro Comp in the cyl head world..................
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 27th 2010, 3:34 pm

This "hate on Champion" bit is all about personal oppinion and has nothing to do with actuality within the automotive world.

Some people "like what THEY like" and others just use whatever works at the time...

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 27th 2010, 6:35 pm

My story about why I don't like a Champion plug is. When I was in my early years of a gearhead I had a 289 4 brl Mustang. I installed a solid lifter cam and 780 Holley(I know Too big for that little engine)I heard that often enough. My dad always used Champion plugs and seemed like thats all we got done was change plugs in our cars/trucks.Back too the Mustang. It kept fouling plugs. A buddy of mine's brother raced a big FE. So I ask him what was another brand of spark plug for my car. He turned me on to Autolite and Motorcraft. The Mustang never fouled another sparkplug and I haven't used a Champion since (even in my weedeater) Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 March 27th 2010, 7:50 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:My story about why I don't like a Champion plug is. When I was in my early years of a gearhead I had a 289 4 brl Mustang. I installed a solid lifter cam and 780 Holley(I know Too big for that little engine)I heard that often enough. My dad always used Champion plugs and seemed like thats all we got done was change plugs in our cars/trucks.Back too the Mustang. It kept fouling plugs. A buddy of mine's brother raced a big FE. So I ask him what was another brand of spark plug for my car. He turned me on to Autolite and Motorcraft. The Mustang never fouled another sparkplug and I haven't used a Champion since (even in my weedeater) Smile

Heh.. I hadn't thought about it in a longgg time... Champion plugs used to give me fits even in the yard equipment! Evil or Very Mad They are especially bad in 2-strokes, wether it be chain saws or bikes. On a side note, when I ran my '85 Mustang with the stock 302 w/intake, Edelbrock carb, & NOS Cheater, I had a pretty good backfire that singed the air cleaner w/Autolite plugs. Tried Bosch Platinums, and brought the tune back to where it was w/the Autolites and never had a problem again. FWIW
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power March 27th 2010, 8:28 pm

Interesting, I just realized that the Champion plugs in my cougar are fouled with little run time on them. I guess I should change them out then.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 27th 2010, 8:29 pm

for whatever reason Champions seem to work ok in a Mopar...................
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 March 27th 2010, 8:43 pm

richter69 wrote:for whatever reason Champions seem to work ok in a Mopar...................

Junk vehicles... junk plugs Shocked Very Happy
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power April 4th 2010, 10:31 pm

Wow, I just made an ass out of myself. The plugs I THOUGHT were Champion ended up being Autolite. Embarassed
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2