BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jobs (filling in more required space)

+2
OldRedFord
6 posters

Go down

Jobs  (filling in more required space) Empty Jobs (filling in more required space)

Post  OldRedFord March 27th 2010, 2:05 pm

I was searching online in my area for a job this morning.

On two of the sites I used, searching for "welder" brought up only a c & c machinest job. Then a BUNCH of "get payed to take online surveys" listings.

Carpenter....practically the same.

The other two sites I used had ONE result for each.
OldRedFord
OldRedFord

Back to top Go down

Jobs  (filling in more required space) Empty Re: Jobs (filling in more required space)

Post  138 March 27th 2010, 2:27 pm

good luck on the welding.. unless you really know what your doing, and are willing to travel. Expect only 10-11 bucks for local positions if there are any at all...if you can tig aluminium, hit all the machine shops (not just automotive) with some of your work, and you might get lucky doing some stuff for them at your home, or shop... 40/50 hr. min. plus consumables

Back to top Go down

Jobs  (filling in more required space) Empty Re: Jobs (filling in more required space)

Post  johndickjr March 27th 2010, 6:07 pm

dang...it seems no matter what around here welders are always in short supply -vs-demand, lots of places here needing welders , they are paying min of 16 up to 25 hr, to bad i cant weld..lol

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  meteor545 March 28th 2010, 10:29 am

there are plenty of opertunities for welders in the fort mcmurray region of alberta. employers fly workers in from all over canada. maybe they would fly people in from the united states as well? one posting i looked at was for almost $40 dollars an hour

meteor545

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 March 28th 2010, 1:21 pm

I have made alot of money welding still weld alittle I can tig,mig ,stick,aluminum,steel,cast iron, galv.But one thing to remember if you take up welding it is hard on your health for a long term welder.I started as a welder at Pace American back in 93 and weld up to 06 didn't realize how much it took out of me until I quit welding all day long.I don't get tired as quick and not out of breath all the time now and I have never smoked.The money is good but is it worth your health in the long run .

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Jobs  (filling in more required space) Empty Job

Post  fastfrog March 28th 2010, 1:46 pm

Don't forget you are near Charleston, S.C.--possile they have those jobs openings with Boeing plus they are going to build a big boat docking area at lower part of Santee -- Suppose be up to about 8,000 jobs . Start trying to get Charleston paper sunny --Fastfrog[b]

fastfrog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down