BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EFI cylinder head intake manifold adapter

+3
whatbumper
rmcomprandy
Eddie Trone
7 posters

Go down

EFI cylinder head intake manifold adapter Empty EFI cylinder head intake manifold adapter

Post  Eddie Trone April 19th 2010, 12:34 am

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Price Motorsport EFI cylinder head intake manifold adapter to use any standard 460 intake on the efi heads? I am researching this as I lost my welded and ported Victor for my Holmstrom Performance radically reworked EFI heads in a shop fire as well as all my tools and other Mustang parts. I also am considering a ported EFI intake with a carburetor adapter. The Price Motorsport website with pictures is http://www.pricemotorsport.com/.

Eddie Trone

Back to top Go down

EFI cylinder head intake manifold adapter Empty Re: EFI cylinder head intake manifold adapter

Post  rmcomprandy April 19th 2010, 8:57 am

I've used a LOT of other stuff from Price and most require SOME fitment however, if they have released it for sale it is probably a good part.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

EFI cylinder head intake manifold adapter Empty Re: EFI cylinder head intake manifold adapter

Post  whatbumper April 19th 2010, 10:51 am

I've never used anything from there but I have seen a part, a windsor intake to 4v cleveland head adaptor, and it was great quality. I know they had to do some clearancing but is anything really just bolt on?

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper April 19th 2010, 11:43 am

also note they have come out with port adaptors to go from conventional intake-efi heads. its in the new products section.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 19th 2010, 1:55 pm

Diggindeeper wrote:also note they have come out with port adaptors to go from conventional intake-efi heads. its in the new products section.

I was under the impression that this thread was about those...

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper April 19th 2010, 3:46 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
Diggindeeper wrote:also note they have come out with port adaptors to go from conventional intake-efi heads. its in the new products section.

I was under the impression that this thread was about those...

hmm......it certainly is......
I guess i was thinkin the carb adaptors.

disregard my previous post.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf April 20th 2010, 6:22 pm

Didn't Edelbrock use to make an intake for that application? A 4 bbl intake with the newer port location that is.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane April 23rd 2010, 3:23 pm

Price Motorsport makes some neat stuff. I have not used their fuelie adaptors but they look like a very clever and effective way to make use of the late model truck heads. At this time I am thanking my lucky stars that I did not invest ~$3000 on an FI intake manifold casting pattern with carb pad, as this looks like the more cost effective way to the hot rod enthusiasts to go.

Paul
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane April 23rd 2010, 3:25 pm

Eddie Trone wrote: I also am considering a ported EFI intake with a carburetor adapter.
Got a port-matched FI intake with carb adaptor available over here, and it includes a custom aluminum throttle cable bracket. One only. $175 shipped anywhere in the U.S.

Call if interested,

Paul
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 April 23rd 2010, 11:55 pm

Eddie Trone wrote:Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Price Motorsport EFI cylinder head intake manifold adapter to use any standard 460 intake on the efi heads? I am researching this as I lost my welded and ported Victor for my Holmstrom Performance radically reworked EFI heads in a shop fire as well as all my tools and other Mustang parts. I also am considering a ported EFI intake with a carburetor adapter. The Price Motorsport website with pictures is http://www.pricemotorsport.com/.

The fire hurt them? or they cant be found now?
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie Trone April 25th 2010, 4:01 pm

BOSS 429 wrote:The fire hurt them? or they cant be found now?

The fire melted the Victor intake, valve cover spacers and valve covers and ruined things like distributors, 4 tool boxes, compressor, drill press, Mustang front and rear bumper covers, dash covers, side trim, interior panels and many many other things. Very few tools were salvageable as most are in melted black clumps of who knows what. Many things exploded such as the compressor, air tanks, pressure washer, propane tank, gas storage cans etc. Several of the explosions blew holes in the wooden shop through the roof or sides. It is a huge mess. As we all have heard many times, everyone should itemize their possessions to make insurance claims easier. Naturally, I hadn't and am having a terrible time trying to come up with the inventory since I moved everything here to Georgia from Illinois after a nasty divorce 6 years ago (ex-wife had stolen all money from multiple accounts and hid it as well as getting multiple credit cards in my name and maxing them out which I ended up having to pay off). I also lost a 50 year collection of many different car magazines such as Super Ford and Super Stock and Drag Illustrated and even quite a few of the small ones from the late 50's in the fire. Enough of the gloom and doom!

Bob Holmstrom (Super Ford November 96 article) who worked my efi heads and welded and ported the matching Victor intake, was an interesting person. We talked on the phone quite a few times. He worked on my heads and intake over a period of 2 years because I wasn't in a hurry and he made me a good deal so he could experiment. He had done a ton of work on Cleveland heads and intakes.

Eddie Trone

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 April 25th 2010, 5:52 pm

ok, but my question was did it hurt/kill the heads? why cant you still use them?
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie Trone April 25th 2010, 7:40 pm

BOSS 429 wrote:ok, but my question was did it hurt/kill the heads? why cant you still use them?

Yes, I salvaged the heads which is why I am trying to determine what I can use for an intake to put a carburetor on them since I can't afford to have another Victor welded and ported to match.

Eddie Trone

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 April 25th 2010, 7:50 pm

a vic lines up well with efi heads, ive never had to weld on them for this swap?
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down