BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody know the height of a Pinto rack?

5 posters

Go down

Anybody know the height of a Pinto rack? Empty Anybody know the height of a Pinto rack?

Post  jbozzelle April 27th 2010, 1:58 pm

Anybody know the height of an early Pinto rack? My Fox Mustang rack is too tall from the mounting points to the top of the housing and I need to know how tall a Pinto one os to see if I can squeeze one in there.

If not I'll need to raise the engine, notch the floor for collector clearance, etc...

Need the measurement from the bottom of the mounting flange on the driver's side to the top of the tube that spans across from driver's to passenger.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Anybody know the height of a Pinto rack? Empty Re: Anybody know the height of a Pinto rack?

Post  whatbumper April 27th 2010, 2:07 pm

I don't know those measurments but if you had some offset bushings would that lower your rack enough. I've seen them before but can't remember where.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Anybody know the height of a Pinto rack? Empty Re: Anybody know the height of a Pinto rack?

Post  jbozzelle April 27th 2010, 2:09 pm

I can't even fit the rack in there with the bushings taken out!

I'm going to play with it some more tonight but the damn header collectors are already on the floor...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper April 27th 2010, 2:23 pm

jbozzelle wrote:I can't even fit the rack in there with the bushings taken out!

I'm going to play with it some more tonight but the damn header collectors are already on the floor...

oh. have you thought about spacing the x-member some?

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle April 27th 2010, 4:05 pm

Yes, but that would just make the collectors "hang" that much lower towards the ground.

I'm getting the axles back from the machine shop this week so I'll be able to get it on the ground to see how it all looks at ride height.

K-member spacers would help on the oil pan to ground clearance though. I'll look that over too once it's on the ground.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT April 27th 2010, 6:46 pm

John! I come up with 2"...this is the drivers side mount to the top of the cast aluminum housing.....the steel tube in the center is a little less..this measurement was taken from a Wilwood Pinto rac....hope this helps.Jason
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 27th 2010, 6:58 pm

I'll measure the diff in mine and my brothers..............its a good bit if i remember.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle April 28th 2010, 9:31 am

Thanks guys. I'll see what I can fit in there.

Jon, let me know what you find out.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Minnesota_Duane March 25th 2012, 11:29 am

I think you're backwards on the K member spacers, it will help the collector to the floor but wont help the pan to ground clearance. As everything connected to the K-member will stay put and the bottom of the car will rise.
Minnesota_Duane
Minnesota_Duane

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 25th 2012, 11:34 am

methinks he got it figured out now almost 2 years gone by lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Minnesota_Duane March 25th 2012, 11:40 am

Ever have one of them christ I'm a dumb ass moments? Back to lurking now.
Minnesota_Duane
Minnesota_Duane

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 25th 2012, 11:42 am

lol its ok, some areas of this place move pretty slow, so some topics even on the 2 page are real old..................welcome to the forum....... Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle March 25th 2012, 11:42 am

Yep, I ended up buying a dropped pinto k-member from PA Racing.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 25th 2012, 11:43 am

jbozzelle wrote:Yep, I ended up buying a dropped pinto k-member from PA Racing.

then update your thread you loser!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down