BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My build, my Fox transformation....lotsa pics

+34
Dave De
Jetman
Goblin
jc10000rpm
schmitty
2fox
nitrous.f
D's557BBF
yellowhorse7
cobra tom
Mark Miller
JACKAZZFLATZ
quick 52
dfree383
738drvr
72mav
res0rli9
jbozzelle
Lem Evans
bb429power
richter69
the Coug
whatbumper
'65 T-BOLT
GTmustang
nuclearcobra
bbf-falcon
billandlori
IDT-572
bruno
D. Sea
Northwest outlaw
bigblockfox468
38 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

My build, my Fox transformation....lotsa pics - Page 4 Empty Re: My build, my Fox transformation....lotsa pics

Post  IDT-572 December 6th 2010, 12:05 am

Thanks for the kind words guys................. The run in stand was procured from a trade Dave Freelander and I did. It's really nice. I just wired a Duraspark 2 ignition box up for now, running it with a Msd distributor and an old accel coil .

It makes it nice to run the engine , set the valve lash hot, and check for oil leaks, and water leaks before going to the dyno. It gives you all tuning time on the dyno instead of working on problems....................

I have got to get on Coon- 61's engine and my P-51 headed engine now. Somebody is going to have to topple the hero off his throne Twisted Evil Laughing Razz

IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

My build, my Fox transformation....lotsa pics - Page 4 Empty Re: My build, my Fox transformation....lotsa pics

Post  138 December 6th 2010, 12:31 am

thanks for the info on the stand... and on the other, may the force be with you.

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 December 6th 2010, 12:39 am

I think Dave said that stand came from Summit............
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  738drvr December 6th 2010, 12:47 am

IDT-572 wrote:Thanks for the kind words guys................. The run in stand was procured from a trade Dave Freelander and I did. It's really nice. I just wired a Duraspark 2 ignition box up for now, running it with a Msd distributor and an old accel coil .

It makes it nice to run the engine , set the valve lash hot, and check for oil leaks, and water leaks before going to the dyno. It gives you all tuning time on the dyno instead of working on problems....................

I have got to get on Coon- 61's engine and my P-51 headed engine now. Somebody is going to have to topple the hero off his throne Twisted Evil Laughing Razz

Isn't there a short block somewhere in the list of things to do? Wink
738drvr
738drvr

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 December 6th 2010, 1:03 am

738drvr wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:Thanks for the kind words guys................. The run in stand was procured from a trade Dave Freelander and I did. It's really nice. I just wired a Duraspark 2 ignition box up for now, running it with a Msd distributor and an old accel coil .

Isn't there a short block somewhere in the list of things to do? Wink

I do believe your right, Coon 61 is on that project as we speak........... Cool I think the holes were being put in this last week. Wink
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  738drvr December 6th 2010, 1:34 am

Smokin'!
738drvr
738drvr

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 December 6th 2010, 12:32 pm

I'm very happy with the dyno results Very Happy Blake did a helluva job cheers

I found out how to change these from PDF to jpg so I thought I would share Wink .

These are from my final pull. I see no use in showing all pulls. The first pull was 708 hp. Blake worked his talents to get that "Snake Power" up Shocked Twisted Evil

My build, my Fox transformation....lotsa pics - Page 4 Untitled-1

My build, my Fox transformation....lotsa pics - Page 4 Untitled-2

751 hp @ 6400 rpms 681 ft lbs @ 4900 rpms

Last edited by bigblockfox468 on December 6th 2010, 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 6th 2010, 2:13 pm

The honest truth pound for pound I'm more impressed with the outcome of this build than my own. I'd love to see what a good alky carb would have done on this thing.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav December 6th 2010, 3:19 pm

I was close wasnt I Mike? Surprised
What did I say when I met ya the first time you went down to Blakes, 760?

Regards.
Al
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 6th 2010, 3:39 pm

IDT-572 wrote:I think Dave said that stand came from Summit............

No not summit, a Company out of California was making them a few years back.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 December 6th 2010, 3:52 pm

72mav wrote:I was close wasnt I Mike? Surprised
What did I say when I met ya the first time you went down to Blakes, 760?

Regards.
Al

Yeah but I put 758 on my garage wall Wink no shit....
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav December 6th 2010, 4:08 pm

Shocked Cool Laughing
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 March 21st 2011, 6:57 pm

r u working on the car have not seen any post yet. i've been in the shop a few hour this week still a little cold.
dragweek quickest street rod
2009 2010

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 March 22nd 2011, 7:28 am

quick 52 wrote:r u working on the car have not seen any post yet. i've been in the shop a few hour this week still a little cold.
2009 2010

Not to much to report or update. Got my new JW wheel. Waiting bounce to recieve my new PTC convertor built as per my dyno results.

Other than that.....been a loooong nasty winter Mad
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 March 22nd 2011, 4:37 pm

making a fan shroud for my elec fan alot of welding. still need to tweak it on the bottom was going to leave it u cant c it but u know fix it.
2009 2010

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 April 11th 2011, 8:22 am

Well got the convertor, the JW wheel and educated on the install and fitment of a BBF to a glide and starter location prior to the install. I wanted to make sure when this went in it was right and not have any catatrophic problems if I didn't do my homework first study .

Found out a I needed a pilot bushing which that threw me a big curve ball....I just couldn't grasp the idea of a pilot bushing for an automatic scratch but thanks to some fine people here they made the muddy waters clear Laughing . I also found out my bell needed rubber sealing washer between it and the front pump.

My pilot bushing (a JW) needed work cause the I.D and convertor snout we're the same size. It also was a little long because it butted right up to the convertor and I had no free play. Found that out on the second go around. It took three in and outs Evil or Very Mad but I got it cheers ........... with proper convertor end play and starter engagement. Didn't have to do anything with the starter other than some measurements to determine if it would engage and it does, doesn't grind or zing sounds real good when cranking.

Couldn't have done this install without the help from my buddy Dominic and also Dale (aka quick 52) for turning down my pilot to fit.

It'll be a couple of more weeks before I light it off. More updates to follow.
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 11th 2011, 9:05 am

very cool man , cant wait to see this thing fly !!!!

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 May 12th 2011, 8:17 am

Well the install is just about complete. I don't know if it's my luck or if just "thats the way it goes" when you totally change a cars set-up. I'm thinking it probly "thats the way it goes" senario. Seems like I had to reinvent the wheel on almost everything I re-installed. But what the hell thats the fun part about it right Rolling Eyes

My original fan set up wouldn't work.....didn't have clearance between the rad and new electric water pump. Not exactly sure why scratch if it was because the engine isn't sitting in the exact same location as it did with the old set up or if the electric wp is a tad longer. Radiator position didn't move and the engine location don't seem too far off. But I had to get a couple of mini-fans installed and wired. I'll concentrate on a shroud later.
My build, my Fox transformation....lotsa pics - Page 4 528installed004

Don't know if it's an optical illusion or what, the engine looks high but it isn't. It may be because of that big ass carb and Mafia intake Shocked Hope my hood fits, it should........I'm hoping Laughing if not I guess that cowl hood will get a scoop.
My build, my Fox transformation....lotsa pics - Page 4 528installed001

My build, my Fox transformation....lotsa pics - Page 4 528installed003

Need to do a little fit and finish on the drivers side inner fender area to clean up some of that spaghetti.
My build, my Fox transformation....lotsa pics - Page 4 528installed002

Sunday 5-15-11 is D-Day Going to fire her up and make sure all is well.

Then in a couple of weeks do some TNT. Got a few things to do before that though....wire trans brake, catch can install, neutral safety switch. Hope thats all.....nah , it never quits Neutral

bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  JACKAZZFLATZ May 13th 2011, 11:48 am

Great job. Good luck gettin fire in it. I'll be listening for it up here.!.
JACKAZZFLATZ
JACKAZZFLATZ

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 May 13th 2011, 11:57 am

Looks good so far HeRo.............. Cool
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 May 13th 2011, 3:24 pm

IDT-572 wrote:Looks good so far HeRo.............. Cool

HeRo.....huh scratch yeah right lol!
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 May 13th 2011, 3:25 pm

bigblockfox468 wrote:

Shocked Razz
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 May 13th 2011, 9:37 pm

Hey Mike send u a pm but had the date screw up dont think i can make it sunday good luck with the stang

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 14th 2011, 12:56 am

bigblockfox468 wrote:

Its ok you can take over the CaPe, my EgO outgrew it and I have moved on to the next level............ Cool

your gonna shit when you mash the loud pedal on that thang............ Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea May 16th 2011, 11:59 am

richter69 wrote:
bigblockfox468 wrote:

Its ok you can take over the CaPe, my EgO outgrew it and I have moved on to the next level............ Cool

your gonna shit when you mash the loud pedal on that thang............ Wink

I instructed Mike to get some Depends under garments lol!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next