BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

car / bash

3 posters

Go down

car / bash Empty car / bash

Post  dr's wife racing May 7th 2010, 4:38 pm

I got the trans back from the shop Tues we put it wed went to test & tune last night. Think the coverter went out coming out of the burn out box. I guess it must have picked up some metal from the trans failure. Think the converter may have been going away all along. I guess I will take it back out and have PTC rebuild the converter It was a good one 2 yrs with no problem. Burgess said the will go back thru the trans and look for problems the I guess I will take it and let Kenny Ford dyno it at PTC when he does the converter.
The motor felt strong was very responsive when warming it up. I've been very suprised with how it has started and ran with very little tuning. Thank's to every one who has helped me with it.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

car / bash Empty Re: car / bash

Post  bruno May 7th 2010, 5:19 pm

sorry to hear that Ward ......

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 7th 2010, 10:39 pm

Sorry to hear Ward, i just told your kid how your deal otta haul ass, we're at TV running outlaw and he came up and introduced himself. Seems like a good kid. Car is goin boggity boggity tonight, I think I got snake bested on et now lol. Gonna be a long night..........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

car / bash Empty races

Post  dr's wife racing May 8th 2010, 12:07 pm

Jon I don't mean to brag but he is a good kid. I'll be out next weekend to pick him up for the summer! That's one reason I'm out of time to deal with the car.Flop told me I bliped the throttle just as I came out of the water and the tires hooked so this break was prob. Driver Error ! one of the pains of learning a new set up. We'll see maybe we can meet up while we're out there this time
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 8th 2010, 12:45 pm

The injection deal is a learning curve, after some seat time it will be second nature. Main thing is use that shutoff cable to keep it leaned out when not making the run. It was downright cool last night, I did put a primerplus on it this time and real makes a difference, I switch the alky off and go to gas right when I get off the track. Heat will climb to over 200 by the time I get back to the pits, plugged in the oil and block heaters to keep it warm till the next round.

Dont have any racing next weekend, besides it will be pretty wet here after this week lol.

Gotta get geared up for the big tornado outbreak this Monday............ Cool
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

car / bash Empty injection

Post  dr's wife racing May 9th 2010, 12:39 pm

I have a primer plus on mine to.I like that,after racing a carb for 25 yrs. it does take a little getting used to.I saw the other post I put pipes on mine that turn out all the way back at the tires.I was suprised I got no fumes at all in the car,but mine is only mini tubbed stock susp. deal.I've got the trans back out now.I could stand some good luck with stuff.So far my motor/toliet set up has worked good the only good luck with the trans is the bolts are easy to get out I think we've wore the threads out!
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum