BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F350 tires

+5
billandlori
brad
bruno
stangr8cr
jasonf
9 posters

Go down

F350 tires Empty F350 tires

Post  jasonf May 13th 2010, 4:13 am

I have been looking for some new tires for my F350 4x4 SRW. What a nightmare. Every tire I read reviews has a bunch of good feedback then a handful of feedback complaining about low mileage. Do some tire batches perform better than others? How can one person get 80k miles and the next barely gets 15k miles?

I am looking at up-sizing from my stock 16's to 18x9 wheels with a 325/60-18 tire.

The tires I looked at where Goodyear Silent Armor, Nitto Dura Grapplers or BFG all-terrains. The BFG only comes in a 65 series tires which makes it too large so it is out. The Goodyears have a lot of excellent reviews then some bad reviews saying the don't last long and sway when under heavy loads. Goodyears seems to be a love it or hate it tire. The dura grapplers had a lot of positive reviews as well then some say the BFG's are way better. The whole dang thing gives me a headache.

I do mostly highway driving to rig locations then occasionally I have to use 4x4 but only a couple times per year. I have Mickey Thompsons on there now and they are way to loud. I want quiet with good tread life. I rarely pull heavy loads but I have been looking at getting an enclosed trailer.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

F350 tires Empty Re: F350 tires

Post  stangr8cr May 13th 2010, 8:37 am

Poppa Bear has Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires on his 08 SD. They seem like a pretty good tire so far. I even put em on my wifes Expy. Nice tire with good tread wear and pretty grippy looking tire without the quick wear of some other all terrain tires out there. As to the life, Poppa Bear only has 27k on his and my wifes only has 3k on hers but they still look new.

Boo Boo
stangr8cr
stangr8cr
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 13th 2010, 9:14 am

ive got the same goodyear tire im on my 3rd set for the rear silent ...truck has 34,000 miles ..its cool drifting a 7500lb truck cheers

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  brad May 13th 2010, 12:37 pm

id stick with the 16s myself if your conserned about cost way cheaper and more selection than 18s. any agresive type tire is gonna wear alot faster than a straighter type tire. for the price kumho KL78 tires are cheap and wear very good and still get around well. i sell tons of them theres alot of good tires out there i sell about every brand seen good and bad in them all. brad

brad

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori May 13th 2010, 1:31 pm

Had Michelins on our last Ram and they went 70,000 miles!!! Cost too much to put the same back on a lease truck, so just put Hankooks on. We have Goodyear Wrangler tires on our new Ram, mind you they are 20" but a small stone put a hole in one!! They sure seem thin. They are quiet and get good mpg though.

The guy at the tire shop figures that they are using the shorter sidewall tires to get the towing stability without having to go to 8 or 10 ply tires.

Edit: I just read it is a F350 so you will be going with the HD tires anyway.....

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty May 13th 2010, 9:17 pm

I had a set of Yokohama Geolander A/T's on the Excursion when it got T-boned. They had about 65K on them at that time, and had plenty of tread left. Rode nice and no road noise. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf May 14th 2010, 2:33 am

Seems how I can't quote...

Brad you are correct that the selection is much greater. The M/T I have now still have about 30% but they are just too loud on the highway. There is definitely more 16" tires but I was just hoping to surpass the factory wheels with some nice aftermarket ones and increase size at the same time.

I tried some Geolanders a few years back and they were a good price. I don't remember how long they lasted though.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 14th 2010, 6:20 am

I have Good Years on mine they are the new Kevlar belted and they are Sweet..... have over 70,000 on them ride nice and no road noise.... but mine is an F250 4x4 PSD and they are 10 ply I kept my 16 inch...I hate those Truck with the Big Stupid Ugly wheels and tires and lift kits so you have to carry a ladder just to get in it........ I see alot of guy's running 6 ply on these trucks and for the life of me can't figure out why? Just make sure they are load rated for your load....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  brad May 14th 2010, 8:38 am

i had a guy with a really new ps come in re brought some tires he wanted put on it was a dually to boot and wanted to put some junk p rated tires on i told him the truck was way to heavy for those 4 ply tires he wouldnt listen at all i made him sign the ticket that i told him it was unsafe.
the geolandar ats is a good tire for the money . firestone transforce at wears pretty good too i think on the heavy trucks just stay away from continetals i see new trucks come in with 20k miles and there bald. brad

brad

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper May 15th 2010, 1:39 am

we use toyo M55's for the rough service here. our service truck that goes to the mine everyday wore out a set of BFG at's pretty quick. (~10,000miles or so) Mine rock is very sharp and chews the tires very quickly.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle May 15th 2010, 5:12 pm

I'm putting another set of Goodyear Wranglers on my factory 20" wheels on my F350...

I'd keep the 16"s. More to choose from. I'm going to put a set of 285/75/16s on my F250. A little taller than stock but not too large.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down