BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vehicle decision

2 posters

Go down

Vehicle decision Empty Vehicle decision

Post  Dr.Ford May 16th 2010, 10:45 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need a good dependable way of going to school and work. I would prefer having a 4x4. I travel 37 miles to work and 37 miles back home. I travel nearly 30 miles to school and 30 miles back. So I need something that doesn't have bad mpg. I would rather have a vehicle 80s and lower. I am also 6'3-6'4. So I am kind of a big guy.

My job I will usually bring $230 home a week (more or less).
I was thinking about going through a car dealership to build up my credit but I don't want to buy a truck that is over $3,000.

I need help in deciding what kind of truck would be good for me, for my size, for my miles that would get good gas mileage.

Currently I have (Mostly these will be my project trucks)
-1979 Ford F150 4X4:
It has a 460 which needs new bearings due to the lose of oil psi and my idoiticness of driving it with the low oil psi.
The steering is completely gone in it.

-1978 Ford Courier Brahma 4x4
It has a 2.3L engine that needs-intake gasket, new front crank seal, cam seal, and maybe some other gaskets, and needs a complete brake job, new 4x4 made (guy who made the truck says it will cost me $500 to make it), and the body needs alot of work and some wiring too.

I would like to get something older due to me being young...basically I need to get something older to get cheaper insurance.

So I am basically looking for:
Truck that is 80s and older
4x4
Manual transmission

REALLY WANT A FORD

Any ideas of what past trucks most of yall had that is good and had good gas mileage?
Dr.Ford
Dr.Ford

Back to top Go down

Vehicle decision Empty Re: Vehicle decision

Post  torkair May 17th 2010, 1:49 am

Well... I'd say find yourself an early 80's bronco 4x4. While it doesn't have the bed of a regular truck it DOES have a back seat and a rear cargo area, also if you choose to go camping an inflatable mattress will fit nicely in the back with the back seat folded down Smile)
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down