BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forest Fires

2 posters

Go down

Forest Fires Empty Forest Fires

Post  Diggindeeper May 31st 2010, 11:57 pm

We are having a lot of trouble with forest fires up north here this year. To date we're over 420 forest fires. (average is about 105) The closest one was 5 miles away, the water bombers were going right over our house.

This fire is near my wifes hometown, its 2300 hectares which is about 5000 acres.
Most of the fires have been started by lightning strikes, but this one is an accidental man made fire
The sad thing is this sort of stuff is going on right now and this past weekend they gave out over 100 illegal burning tickets. There is a complete ban on all fires. ( you can cook on your grill outside in your yard)
Hard to believe that people are that ignorant that they burn anyway with a Severe Forest Fire risk.

http://www.soonews.ca/viewarticle.php?id=26337

Just venting a bit.....
I know people complain about the Gov't not doing anything, (myself included) but they step up this time of year big time. My wife will be heading out soon to be part of the effort. (she's a gov employee)
I know people think they know better than the Gov but in this case people need to get their heads out of their asses and do without the fires. I dont want to be evacuated, and i certainly dont want my house burning down. I was only 1/2 a mile from being evacuated for the one fire.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Forest Fires Empty Re: Forest Fires

Post  billandlori June 1st 2010, 5:27 am

Damn, that's too close. I hope Frenchie's home town is saved.

People just don't get how quick the fire can get out of hand. I remember driving in GA a couple of years ago when they had all the grass fires and many were started from folks flicking cigs out the window.....now I know almost every car comes with an ash tray. scratch

My uncle works for the MOE up in Sault St. Marie. He sets up the computer stuff in their remote comand posts when they are fighting fires. I bet he's busy with all of that going on....

Stay safe!!

Bill

Last edited by billandlori on June 1st 2010, 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tweekin the spelling)
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down