BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way O/T.....WiFi Related...

3 posters

Go down

Way O/T.....WiFi Related... Empty Way O/T.....WiFi Related...

Post  RapidRuss June 10th 2010, 5:02 am

Just picked up a new laptop to replace a 13 year old one...and this one has wifi in it.. Now I know None of you guys would ever consider getting free wifi, But may have a friend who does ..Smile Most of you know I live way out in the country..and Wifi companies are few to none....But i did run across one that has a site 10 miles south...Its sits on a hill a few hundred feet below me..and they have another, about 10 miles north of me about the same height as my property ! According to there signal maps, both site overlap my area ? I wonder if a bought a router with a higher gain antenna if I could pull thse in ? Or I have been reading on a modded Dish network dish...that has been known to pull these signals in ?

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated... Thanks Guys Smile You can PM me if you want to be discrete....

Russ
RapidRuss
RapidRuss

Back to top Go down

Way O/T.....WiFi Related... Empty Re: Way O/T.....WiFi Related...

Post  meteor545 June 10th 2010, 11:22 am

I've "borrowed" wifi in town and the speed was always poor. i believe one would have to have some hacking skills to defeat the password protection also. (i borrowed from an unsecured network. a wifi company will defenately have thier networks protected)

meteor545

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike June 10th 2010, 6:05 pm

Russ if you can't get hooked up for free here's what I have. If you get a good cell signal it might be an option for you.
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=4726

mike
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  RapidRuss June 15th 2010, 8:28 am

Heya Chuck ! I recieved the catalog yesterday ! Thanks Bro.....Man that has alot of stuff in there that I never knew about or that they even made ....Smile

Thanks Again ! Smile

Mike, Thanks for the hot tip..I'll have to look into that...But I'm on that Straight talk system, So I'am not sure that it will work for me, as my phone doesnt have a usb port in it.... But I'll read up on what you sent...

Thanks,

Russ
RapidRuss
RapidRuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum