BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Jomar Powercone............

+6
cool40
LivermoreDave
IDT-572
Lem Evans
'65 T-BOLT
richter69
10 posters

Go down

Custom Jomar Powercone............ Empty Custom Jomar Powercone............

Post  richter69 June 14th 2010, 10:34 pm

Custom Jomar Powercone............ TV10-17-09001-11

Custom Jomar Powercone............ TV10-17-09002-10

Fits a 2.5 throttle bore Terminator................after the Fabio HeRo treatment.............. Cool
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Custom Jomar Powercone............ Empty Re: Custom Jomar Powercone............

Post  '65 T-BOLT June 14th 2010, 10:40 pm

nice piece of plywood!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans June 14th 2010, 10:49 pm

Phenolic......not plywood.
Excellent dielectric strength
Good machinability
Light weight
Heat and wear resistant
Resists corrosion and chemicals
Good mechanical strength & dimensional stability
Low moisture absorption

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 14th 2010, 10:53 pm

This was already an "oversize" piece, still had to take .200 off, the bores on the Termminator are offset to the inside, the outside wall adjacent to the bolt hole is in the original location.................just enough material, don't smell or cut like wood................
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 June 14th 2010, 11:20 pm

richter69 wrote:This was already an "oversize" piece, still had to take .200 off, the bores on the Termminator are offset to the inside, the outside wall adjacent to the bolt hole is in the original location.................just enough material, don't smell or cut like wood................

Bad stuff don't breath it while cutting. Evil or Very Mad
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 14th 2010, 11:28 pm

Too late, I had that stuff floatn around all over the place.......

HeRo's are not affected by things like the common folk are.....
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Custom Jomar Powercone............ Empty WOW !

Post  LivermoreDave June 14th 2010, 11:47 pm

That looks like one of the few pieces a couple of us guys made in "wood shop" at Tech High back in the early 70's, to poach eggs with!

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 15th 2010, 12:03 am

what kinda gain would you see from it?just wonder with it bein on a port injection deal. Smile
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 15th 2010, 12:23 am

cool40 wrote:what kinda gain would you see from it?just wonder with it bein on a port injection deal. Smile

Prolly not a damn thing, but we dont know unless we try do we????? Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 15th 2010, 12:26 am

richter69 wrote:
cool40 wrote:what kinda gain would you see from it?just wonder with it bein on a port injection deal. Smile

Prolly not a damn thing, but we dont know unless we try do we????? Laughing
for sure......good luck. Smile
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn June 15th 2010, 6:12 pm

Extremely durable stuff. We use it on the planes at work, fairleads for control cables where they pass through the structure of the aircraft. They use to make hyd. line clamps out of it, but now use use some kind of purple plastic thingy stuff.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 15th 2010, 10:45 pm

see how it do this friday............. Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  TeflonDon June 16th 2010, 5:57 am

LivermoreDave wrote:That looks like one of the few pieces a couple of us guys made in "wood shop" at Tech High back in the early 70's, to poach eggs with!

Dave.

Well I learn something everyday. did not eve know that in this day and age you still can "poach an egg". See piston coating thread in the General Discussion for some helpful Pam tips to keep your eggs from sticking to the JOMAR POWER CONE. Please if you are iN-eXpIEriEnCeD Do not try this at home. Laughing

TeflonDon

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain June 16th 2010, 8:41 am

Isn't that stuff(phenolic) really resin with canvas fibers embedded? Whenever I've machined it I always just had the shop vac running right next to the end mill picking up as much of the dust as possible.

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno June 16th 2010, 8:58 am

was using my google tool this morning .....................

Thermoset Plastic Laminate.

Thermoset Plastic Laminate is a uniformly dense and structurally strong material that will not soften appreciably under the reapplication of heat. It is an extremely durable plastic that is lightweight and moisture resistant. Industrial laminates are thermoset resin impregnated reinforcing materials (paper, cotton fabric, glass fabric, etc.) that are cured under heat and pressure to form solid shapes having high mechanical and electrical insulating properties. Laminates are available in sheet, rod, tube, and angle. Since laminates are comprised of a combination of materials, they are also referred to as composites.
Standard stock grades include:
G1O/FR4 Glass Reinforced Epoxy - natural (yellowish to light green) The most versatile all around laminate, this grade is a continuous glass woven fabric base impregnated with an epoxy resin binder. It has extremely high mechanical strength, good dielectric loss properties, and good electric strength properties, both wet and dry. Certifies to Mil-I-24768/27 GEE-F

G11/FRS Glass Reinforced Epoxy - natural (yellow green to amber) This grade is similar to G10/FR4, with the addition of a higher operating temperature and some improved mechanical strength at elevated temperatures. Certifies to Mil-I-24768/28 GEB -F

G5/G9 Class Reinforced Melamine - natural (grayish brown) This grade is composed of a continuous glass woven cloth base impregnated with a melamine resin binder. Melamine is the hardest of all laminates, exhibiting good dimensional stability and are resistance. It is also caustic resistant. Certifies to Mil-I-24768/1 CME

G7 Glass Reinforced Silicone - natural (cream to white) Composed of a continuous glass woven cloth base impregnated with a silicone resin binder,this grade has excellent heat and are resistance. It has extremely good dielectric loss properties under dry conditions and good electrical properties under humid conditions, although the percentage of change is high. Certifies to Mil-I-24768117 GSG

X/XX/XXX Paper Reinforced Phenolic - natural (tan) This grade is composed of a paper base impregnated with a phenolic resin binder. It has good electric strength properties with fair mechanical strength. Outstanding for use as template material and or backup material. Certifies to Mil-I-24768112 PBM,I11 PBG and /10 PBE

C/CE Cotton Fabric Reinforced Phenolic - natural (light tan to brown) This grade is composed of a continuous cotton woven cloth impregnated with a phenolic resin binder. This grade contains a medium weave canvas and is known primarily for it's mechanical properties. This grade is not recommended for primary insulation. Certifies to Mil- I-24768/14 FBG

Linen L/LE Cotton Fabric Reinforced Phenolic - natural (light tan to brown) This grade is composed of a continuous cotton woven cloth impregnated with a phenolic resin binder. This grade contains a fine weave linen and, like the canvas phenolic, is known for it's mechanical properties. The finer weave allows for machining more intricate details than Canvas, like gear teeth. This grade is not recommended. for primary insulation. Certifies to Mil-I-24768/13 FBE

Mat Glass Reinforced Polyester - GPO-1 (tan) and GPO-3 (red) These grades are composed of random mat (non-woven) fiberglass reinforcement held together by a polyester resin binder. GPO-3 offers superior arc and track resistance

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain June 16th 2010, 10:53 am

It's some neat stuff for some applications. The flippers in my old pinball machine have phenolic link bars that are a wear item. I put in some new ones when I rebuilt the machine about 15 years ago. It seems like they can run with little to no lubrication yet it doesn't wear the steel parts. I would say that it was used mostly because it was cheap and it could be machined easily.

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 20th 2010, 3:18 pm

Cant say it hurt it any, it and the manifold run a tad better mph, et off a tad but its all at the 60'.............put the stiffwalls back on and get back after it in a couple weeks. Cool also the air was as bad as its ever been all year.............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down