BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some UPS Drivers SUCK

+21
curiousgeorge
richter69
dfree383
D. Sea
BigBlockRanger
David Cole
Nevs
56Tbird
scottke
chuck stevens
bigblockfox468
Lem Evans
maverick
Mike R
whatbumper
jasonf
ThndrChkn
res0rli9
billandlori
Northwest outlaw
nuclearcobra
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Some UPS Drivers SUCK - Page 2 Empty Re: Some UPS Drivers SUCK

Post  nuclearcobra July 2nd 2010, 12:52 am

scottke wrote:I believe I'll chime in on this one. First off I'm not a fag. Second, I am a UPS driver, been doing it for 20 years. Thirdly, you guys don't have a clue how the shipping buisness works. True we all mess up . I've heard my share of horror stories about Ups AND Fed Ex. All packages go thru our facilities and run on miles of conveyers. True sometimes things don't always stay right side up. A 70 lbs head coming down a slide will definitly leave a dent somewhere. No matter what anyone says, it's all in the packing or lack there of. I've delivered alot of heads in my career and any coming from a retailer or speed shop are only packaged in the original boxes. These boxes are designed for shipping on a pallet, stacked and wrapped. When u ship single pairs that are really heavy you have to pack them extra well.

Also some of the damage could occur while being truck frieghted to the distributor. Ever think of that, it's not like Jegs or Summit opens every box and checks it before they ship it out.

As far as Jegs using Fed Ex for the last few years, it's because the under cut us on the bid to get the contract. Which means they are willing to do the work for less, That does not mean they are going to be easier on your order. Like the old saying goes, You get what u pay for. We have been around alot longer than they have for some reason.

I would advise you guys that are generalizing your remarks about YOUR UPS man to remember, we are not all to blame for what one person might or might not do to YOU! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I feel better Exclamation Exclamation
I see your point, so let me change that tital to Some ups drivers suck,and i wonder where all the fed-ex/usps horror stories are because they all screw up Rolling Eyes so it should be about a even rant i think or does one company outway the other i do wonder. It would be a heck of a pole.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 2nd 2010, 12:55 am

whatbumper wrote:Some UPS Drivers SUCK - Page 2 This_t10
And if she's the one that crunched my head you would never hear a peep outta of me I love you
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 July 2nd 2010, 12:59 am

nuclearcobra wrote:
And if she's the one that crunched my head you would never hear a peep outta of me I love you

SORRY GUYS.... BUT IM CALLING UPS cheers

I know I can find something to ship Very Happy

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird July 2nd 2010, 5:30 am

whatbumper wrote:I am still fighting with FedEx over a shipment that they delivered to "my house". They said that I signed for it but I don't recognize the signature and I sure don't live in Woodson, Texas. They delivered it to the wrong damn town and said I signed for it. It is about a $2000 order. Funny thing is they don't even know the address they delivered it to.

I have had bad luck with UPS too but their good record out ways FedEx's bad record by too much.

I try to use the post office for most of my shipments. They have a far better record from MY experience.
I just went through the same shit with Fed-Ex...I'll go way out of the way to never use them again...I've never had a problem with UPS..Just the opposite here!! affraid Here ,everytime I know it's coming by Fed-Ex ,I know it's gona be a disaster!!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs July 2nd 2010, 5:54 am

I agree with scottke, it's all about how it's packaged! Bubble wrap and double boxing is the only way to have a fighting chance with heads manifolds, etc. UPS is the only game in the small town I live in and I've yet to have an issue. Maybe I'm just lucky...???
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 2nd 2010, 9:22 am

So bottem line is they all suck at one time or another,and yes i've had hundreds of packages delievered by ups without damage,but their getting that reputation somehow scratch O and i hope the heck my new heads dont weigh 70lbs affraid
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole July 2nd 2010, 9:32 am

I use them both. But only in one direction for each.

When I have parts shipped to me, I prefer UPS. No problems with damaged stuff (knock on wood) and the driver that does my area always comes around the same time each day so I can try to be home. My local UPS is a pain for me to ship parts to other people. The service center is 10 miles away and they only accept packages from 4-7pm. They are also good at adding extra charges. Fuel surcharge, rural delivery, when I know for a fact it's not, etc.

When I ship to others I use Fed Ex ground. Their service center is 3 miles away, open 9-8 and are about 2/3 the price with no extra add on charges and I have never had anyone complain about damages. I do pack it carefully though and take pics of the packing that I keep until it's delivered. Delivery to me is another matter. Never the same delivery times on any given day. There have been several lost packages including 2 shipments of diabetic meds (worth $500 each) that they claim to have delivered at times when I WAS at home. Besides the lost stuff, the worst is a scenario that's happened numerous times. The online Fed Ex Tracking shows the package on the truck, out for delivery and scheduled for that day. Delivery never happens and then tracking changes to say delivery will be the next day. In other words, they didn't have another delivery in my area that day and didn't want to go out of their way. This is with Fed Ex Home Delivery. Not the normal Fed Ex Overnight.
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger July 2nd 2010, 9:35 am

My heads are due to arrive today via UPS..... affraid
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea July 2nd 2010, 12:11 pm

Lem Evans wrote:I put a baseball in the bed of a F150 and forgot to put the tailgate up....and some a-hole ran over it after it hit the pavement. Evil or Very Mad

Those Bastards!

Some UPS Drivers SUCK - Page 2 South_Park_Killed_Kenny_Army_Green_Shirt
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 2nd 2010, 12:21 pm

I had a FedEx f-up with Lem Last Year on some pushrods...... I was waiting for the delivery for a few weeks, drop ship from Mfg...... Call up Lem and he looked into it (Did his part) and got the story someone signed for the F'n things at my address??? Sure as hell wasn't me..........and I live alone.....Never got a notice of delivery asking for signiture or anything WTF???? Lem made everything right, but I'm still wondering what schmuck need a set of odd ball pushrods ?!?!?!? or is this a trend of Fedex contractors skimming??????
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 2nd 2010, 1:27 pm

Box shit up better.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans July 2nd 2010, 2:55 pm

Odd people love odd ball parts Razz

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger July 2nd 2010, 3:20 pm

richter69 wrote:Box shit up better.

Like this?

Some UPS Drivers SUCK - Page 2 2vwa5ba

My heads just arrived in a HUGE box and packed in that expanding-foam-inside-plastic-bag stuff.
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird July 2nd 2010, 9:53 pm

Who gives a flyin f&^%$# as long as she delivers!!! Razz Twisted Evil king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  curiousgeorge July 2nd 2010, 10:53 pm

I read this thread earlier and was thinking how I have had no problems with UPS. Then I got my package from Shawn and it looked like it had stuff stacked on it opened it up and wouldn't you know it had a set of head gaskets ruined. Mad Figures I guess I'll be calling him Tues. to get some more.

curiousgeorge

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke July 3rd 2010, 1:47 am

BigBlockRanger wrote:

Like this?

Some UPS Drivers SUCK - Page 2 2vwa5ba

My heads just arrived in a HUGE box and packed in that expanding-foam-inside-plastic-bag stuff.

Bet they arrived in good shape too didn't they?
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke July 3rd 2010, 1:52 am

Like I said guys, we all mess up at times. But when u handle 10 times the # of packages a day than any other competitor, you have a larger chance of something happening. Last I was told we handle around 10 to 12 million parcels a day. Fed Ex doesn't even come close to that.
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 3rd 2010, 7:24 am

scottke wrote:Like I said guys, we all mess up at times. But when u handle 10 times the # of packages a day than any other competitor, you have a larger chance of something happening. Last I was told we handle around 10 to 12 million parcels a day. Fed Ex doesn't even come close to that.
honestly..... That's no excuse to damage someone stuff, ups and fedex are both pro delivery services and charge well for their services...... I expect packages to be delivered quickly and undamaged...... Maybe theirs a problem with their corporate culture that some damage is acceptable????

I work in the Nuclear Business and "some damage" is totaly unacceptable........ To accept the idea that prerfection is not achievable is not an option.......

To summerize just because you handle a larger volumn the you compeditor makes it no more acceptable to damage packages than if you only deliver one........
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 3rd 2010, 10:45 am

dfree383 wrote:
scottke wrote:Like I said guys, we all mess up at times. But when u handle 10 times the # of packages a day than any other competitor, you have a larger chance of something happening. Last I was told we handle around 10 to 12 million parcels a day. Fed Ex doesn't even come close to that.
honestly..... That's no excuse to damage someone stuff, ups and fedex are both pro delivery services and charge well for their services...... I expect packages to be delivered quickly and undamaged...... Maybe theirs a problem with their corporate culture that some damage is acceptable????

I work in the Nuclear Business and "some damage" is totaly unacceptable........ To accept the idea that prerfection is not achievable is not an option.......

To summerize just because you handle a larger volumn the you compeditor makes it no more acceptable to damage packages than if you only deliver one........
Very well put Dave cheers
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke July 3rd 2010, 12:04 pm

So I guess it is just as easy to deliver 10,000,000 packages a day as it is 10,000..........NOT, odds go up with 10,000,000.

I'm sure no one spilled any nuclear waste today, but I bet someone spilled thier coffee at your work today.

I'm done trying to make my point.
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke July 3rd 2010, 12:50 pm

nuclearcobra wrote:The reason i'm ticked off is this is the third pair of racing heads i've ordered over the years and all three pairs came in damaged. First set was a pair of iron world products windsor heads i got from summit racing and one was smashed to the point it crushed the intake manifold bolt hole closed, then 6 years ago i bought the jegs/kaase heads from jegs for my small block and they must have dropped this one also because it had a big dent in the cornor were the intake bolt hole was which bulged out the deck and the intake side now i just got my scj's in a few days ago from Lem and same thing same spot where they dropped it to the point it put a hole in the box. This time i didnt want to send them back because i just had charlie backcut the valves for me so i took a file to it to lay down the bulge on each side and it should be fine now,but its the point they dont care they suck i never had a problem with fed-ex at least not yet. so from now on anything delivered from ups will be opened in front of them so they can take it back if its damaged, i'm just tired of the bastards. Mad
This is scottke's wife "Stephanie" and I also work for UPS. Yes, you struck a nerve with me & I deal & talk to people all day (even the ones that their pkg is damaged). If you want to complain about UPS, a company that takes "very" good care of their customers/shippers, then you need to show pictures of how your merchandise was packed when you opened it, that way you can show "proof" instead of mouthing about a company that you really know nothing about other than this situation that supposably keeps happening to you! We (UPS) will go to people's location if a problem like this keeps happening and investigate the packaging and the damage & "take care of the customer/shipper" if it was a UPS mistake. One thing that you need to realize is that the SHIPPER (whoever ships the pkg to you) is responsible for the packaging, which means that they sometimes want to take short cuts to save on shipping cost maybe due to weight of extra packaging support or the time it may take to add a few extra supports around the inside of the cardboard. Cardboard can only handle so much and packages are in with hundreds/thousands of other pkgs that UPS ships. UPS workers such as the employees that load or unload trailors/trucks and the drivers have no idea what is inside the pkg and if they are not packaged correctly then "yes" damage may & will occur. Think about the thousands/millions of pkgs UPS handles everyday and if a shipper only puts one layer of cardboard between a 50 lbs. head & concrete then common sense is that damage is possible. Hopefully you will or should build a relationship between your local UPS driver/center that delivers to you so that they can be aware of your so called situations that keep happening because at the center I work at we have "wonderful" drivers/customer service reps that take pride in what they do and in helping the customer/shipper to work with them to take care of the problem so that it doesn't happen again. Sorry but reading your post that says you have had several problems sounds to me like you are a customer that only wants to complain and not one that wants to work with the company or even the shipper to ensure this doesn't happen to you again. I could sit here and complain about FedEx because I know of things that happen/go on that I could dog them about but where would that get me or you? A little piece of advise, you get what you pay for as you already know if you deal with car parts, the same goes for the packaging practice of shippers no matter what company they ship through. Also, as you & most customers may not realize, the "shipper" has the say on who they use to ship your package out with, because they have a contract with that carrier, so your comment about you will open the package before you accept it "will not happen with UPS", you will have to sign for the pkg before you can open it otherwise you are refusing the pkg & it will go back to the shipper. My husband will probably not let me know of situations like this one again because I am not one to listen to bitching "unless" I see pictures of "proof". Thank you to all that use UPS & to the ones that have & try to build relationships with your service provider!! :-)
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 3rd 2010, 3:11 pm

Well Stephanie i'm glad i struck a nerve with you maybe you can organize a quality controll meeting thats needed nationwide Rolling Eyes and as far as the damaged thats just keeps happining to me, why dont you read all the post i'm not the only one and did you miss the part where i said i've had hundreds of packages delievered by ups without damage or that i change the tital to SOME ups drivers suck not all and also that the bottem line is that they all screw up sometime or another ,well i guess you didnt and the u tube viedos are all fake i suppose Shocked and you say the employees that unload and load the trucks dont always know whats in the package so whats that mean ? dont you think they should handle all the packages with care ? It seems that you dont or cant amidt there could just possibly be a problem maybe with quality controll.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 3rd 2010, 3:31 pm

Box shit up better.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans July 3rd 2010, 4:27 pm

They were in the FRPP boxes they came in...which are good. We have recieved dozens of sets of SCJ heads from the FRPP warehouse and never had not one head damaged . The TFS tunnel ram base boxes are another deal......very poor box and always can see a little of the manifold w/o removing it from the box but no damage to the manifold so far.
I doubt a delivery driver could damage the SCJ stuff in the FRPP packaging unless they were damn sure trying to do it....which is unlikely . I suspect the stuff that gets killed in a decent box fell/dropped during the sort at the center/hub or whatever they call it.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 July 3rd 2010, 4:45 pm

Stephanie wrote:Think about the thousands/millions of pkgs UPS handles everyday and if a shipper only puts one layer of cardboard between a 50 lbs. head & concrete then common sense is that damage is possible.

After missing a signature-required delivery, I went to my local 'center' because I didn't want to wait through the weekend. While waiting at the desk, I personally watched packages flying out of several brown trucks.. bouncing off the wall.. coming to rest on the conveyor. One layer of cardboard would be fine if the loaders weren't having a field day Rolling Eyes

No comment on FedEx other than they must be pHuCkEd Up... 'Federal' is in their name Twisted Evil
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next