BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Top Loader For Sale, Big In/Out Spline, Close Ratio, From 1970 Torino Cobra

3 posters

Go down

Ford Top Loader For Sale, Big In/Out Spline, Close Ratio, From 1970 Torino Cobra Empty Ford Top Loader For Sale, Big In/Out Spline, Close Ratio, From 1970 Torino Cobra

Post  patfromjersey July 2nd 2010, 11:06 pm

I'm selling my Top Loader from my old 70 Torino Cobra, that I had in my Fairlane. I'm changing over to a C6, so I want to let this go. It was rebuilt once in 1985, was in my Torino until 1996, sat in my Dad's garage until 2006, and has been in my Fairlane since the 2010 Bash. The ID tag shows it was for a 70 Fairlane w/429, close ratio, but it was in my 70 Torino Cobra, which I bought from the original owner, who was a friend of my father's, back in 1985. In 2006, I installed all new gaskets, seals, and a new tailshaft bushing. The input is the 1 3/8" shaft, and the output is 31 spine. I do not want to ship this, because I'd have to build a crate, and it would be very expensive to ship. I would drive up to 6 hours one way to meet someone, for free, which is why I want to sell this for an even $1000. I see this trans going for over $2000 with a fresh rebuild. Here's some pictures of the transmission. I'm going to try here first, before I put it on ebay.

Ford Top Loader For Sale, Big In/Out Spline, Close Ratio, From 1970 Torino Cobra Toploader01

Ford Top Loader For Sale, Big In/Out Spline, Close Ratio, From 1970 Torino Cobra Toploader02

Ford Top Loader For Sale, Big In/Out Spline, Close Ratio, From 1970 Torino Cobra Toploader03

Ford Top Loader For Sale, Big In/Out Spline, Close Ratio, From 1970 Torino Cobra Toploader04

Ford Top Loader For Sale, Big In/Out Spline, Close Ratio, From 1970 Torino Cobra Toploader05

Ford Top Loader For Sale, Big In/Out Spline, Close Ratio, From 1970 Torino Cobra Toploader06

Ford Top Loader For Sale, Big In/Out Spline, Close Ratio, From 1970 Torino Cobra Toploader07

Ford Top Loader For Sale, Big In/Out Spline, Close Ratio, From 1970 Torino Cobra Toploader08

patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Ford Top Loader For Sale, Big In/Out Spline, Close Ratio, From 1970 Torino Cobra Empty ***SOLD***

Post  patfromjersey July 5th 2010, 7:26 pm

I sold it to a local guy on craigslist. It will have a new home in a 64 Galaxie, with a stroked 390. Cool
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Ford Top Loader For Sale, Big In/Out Spline, Close Ratio, From 1970 Torino Cobra Empty Re: Ford Top Loader For Sale, Big In/Out Spline, Close Ratio, From 1970 Torino Cobra

Post  Nevs July 5th 2010, 7:28 pm

Congrats on the quick sale. Good deal for the local guy!
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Ford Top Loader For Sale, Big In/Out Spline, Close Ratio, From 1970 Torino Cobra Empty Re: Ford Top Loader For Sale, Big In/Out Spline, Close Ratio, From 1970 Torino Cobra

Post  patfromjersey July 5th 2010, 7:34 pm

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I was asking too much for it, but I put it on Craigslist yesterday, and a guy near Trenton, NJ called me this afternoon and said he NEEDED that transmission. I gave him my Hurst Competition Plus shifter too for nothing. He gave me the $1000 (cash) I was looking for, and I only had to drive 20 minutes to meet him half way. It doesn't get any better than that. Very Happy
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g July 5th 2010, 7:47 pm

Glad you are happy Pat, it must have been priced too cheap to sell that quick, but if both sides are happy, it was a good deal. Laughing Laughing
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  patfromjersey July 5th 2010, 8:01 pm

I never thought of it that way. Laughing He was probably calling me a moron as he sped away. Laughing Laughing
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down