BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyplace else other than Windy Hollow?

+7
maverick
bcr466
342g
Nevs
Oakley Motorsports
bbf-falcon
c.evans
11 posters

Go down

Anyplace else other than Windy Hollow? Empty Anyplace else other than Windy Hollow?

Post  c.evans July 4th 2010, 2:13 am

that you can go,,,, that has a Quick 8 Show and four Ford powered dragsters qualify? There were five Ford powered dragsters there tonight, and four of them made it in. Bobby Small was low qualifier with a 4.51, then Kristina Lawyer, then Phillip Oakley (in David's former car), they were positions # 1, 2, & 3,,,, then Bobby Shrewsberry was in at the # 6 position. Shrewsberry and Oakley raced each other in the final with Shrewsberry taking the win. I understand the two of them decided to donate the purse money to a young girl who is one of our area racers who is in the hospital with huge medical bills after an accident. Both guys are a class act.

Side notes; Unfortunately Bobby Small blew the planetary set with his torque monster. Kristina's dad Todd made a convertor change this week and it really woke her car up and she's back to running some good 1.02-1.03 60 ft. times. It was hot Exclamation

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Anyplace else other than Windy Hollow? Empty Re: Anyplace else other than Windy Hollow?

Post  bbf-falcon July 4th 2010, 6:30 am

A true Class act for sure. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Anyplace else other than Windy Hollow? Empty Re: Anyplace else other than Windy Hollow?

Post  Oakley Motorsports July 4th 2010, 9:08 am

Just a little info. Sat night was the Freddie Wilkerson Memorial. Freddie was a owner At Automotive Machine and a true friend to Bob and I. So in the final of the Quick 8 Bob and I staged the cars and idled down the track in his memory. We took the winnings from this race and gave them to a young Lady who had a horrible accident (she is a fellow racer) that is in alot of need in Freddie's name as Charlie said. So You figure out who took the win there.

Truly Last nights race was one I will never Forget. Just wish I didnt go .002 red at 3 cars in Super Pro. Wanted the Win pretty Bad!! But more Important we raised alot of money for a young Lady and Think Freddie would have been proud.

Last edited by Oakley Motorsports on July 4th 2010, 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs July 4th 2010, 9:09 am

Very nice for all involved! Cool
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g July 4th 2010, 10:42 am

Good sportsmanship Phillip, my hat is off to you, see you guys soon.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 July 4th 2010, 2:45 pm

It wouldnt be around here. All the fast four, fast eight races must be door cars, no mos.
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick July 4th 2010, 2:53 pm

bcr466 wrote:It wouldnt be around here. All the fast four, fast eight races must be door cars, no mos.

I wouldn't care if they were driving RadioFlyers....those guys are Cool Cool
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY July 4th 2010, 2:58 pm

great deal guys Very Happy
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 4th 2010, 3:17 pm

Hats off to you and Bobby S., Phillip, damn fine upstanding thing to do.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans July 4th 2010, 6:34 pm

New look.
Anyplace else other than Windy Hollow? Cole010Medium
Anyplace else other than Windy Hollow? Cole004Medium
Anyplace else other than Windy Hollow? Cole009Medium

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans July 4th 2010, 7:11 pm

Oakley Motorsports wrote:Just a little info. Sat night was the Freddie Wilkerson Memorial. Freddie was a owner At Automotive Machine and a true friend to Bob and I. So in the final of the Quick 8 Bob and I staged the cars and idled down the track in his memory. We took the winnings from this race and gave them to a young Lady who had a horrible accident (she is a fellow racer) that is in alot of need in Freddie's name as Charlie said. So You figure out who took the win there.

Truly Last nights race was one I will never Forget. Just wish I didnt go .002 red at 3 cars in Super Pro. Wanted the Win pretty Bad!! But more Important we raised alot of money for a young Lady and Think Freddie would have been proud.
Fred was a true friend to many of us.....cool thing was he'd tell it like it was Like a Star @ heaven

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole July 5th 2010, 12:24 am

Lem Evans wrote:New look.

I like!
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down