BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats the ideal stants for traction {foxbody}?

+2
dfree383
Ed501
6 posters

Go down

Whats the ideal stants for traction {foxbody}? Empty Whats the ideal stants for traction {foxbody}?

Post  Ed501 July 12th 2010, 2:41 am

I would think you would want a aluminum headed bbf fox mustang to sit a little higher then normal in front and almost on the tires in rear for best weight on rear? correct?? How high in front is the main Question, i know i dont want it too high. thanks.., ED

Ed501

Back to top Go down

Whats the ideal stants for traction {foxbody}? Empty Re: Whats the ideal stants for traction {foxbody}?

Post  dfree383 July 12th 2010, 5:04 am

Kinda the 60's gasser look?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Whats the ideal stants for traction {foxbody}? Empty Re: Whats the ideal stants for traction {foxbody}?

Post  feetfirst July 12th 2010, 9:15 am

Ed501 wrote:I would think you would want a aluminum headed bbf fox mustang to sit a little higher then normal in front and almost on the tires in rear for best weight on rear? correct?? How high in front is the main Question, i know i dont want it too high. thanks.., ED

Makes no difference really........more important issue is how much front shock travel you have.....
feetfirst
feetfirst

Back to top Go down

Post  Ed501 July 12th 2010, 10:02 am

Gasser look , good one Shocked no, just body little down hill , I dont know how good these small track in Illinios hook so I would rather set it optimum for initial traction. No sticky initial makes SS lowers not work too good nore transfer weight. I read before to leave front higher but thought it might be a URBAN LEGEND lol. With transbrake if front travel isnt enough then i got a turd. ED

Ed501

Back to top Go down

Whats the ideal stants for traction {foxbody}? Empty car height

Post  Ed501 July 12th 2010, 11:44 am

Thanks Feetfirst, i just checked out your car and how it sits and was real close to how i figured i needed it. Your car sure does hook good and them hookers do sit low in mine also. Dropping motor to rack sure doesnt help any lol. I am ordering new moroso front springs and will be ready cut them after i set the back down first. Ed

Ed501

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle July 12th 2010, 11:45 am

I'd say ride height doesn't matter with it as long as the chassis can transfer the weight. I'd get some adjustable struts with a coil over kit on the front.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 12th 2010, 12:00 pm

Adjustable Shocks and Struts and some Drag Springs do the trick, you don't need the front end in the air at rest, it just needs to be loose and not binding, and limted as not to hang the struts.

Plus watch your bump steer and it will affect the handling alot.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Whats the ideal stants for traction {foxbody}? Empty height

Post  Ed501 July 12th 2010, 1:02 pm

Thanks, the bump steer isnt good. I have i inch spacer on k-member so i definately dont want it too low in front. I have motor dropped on rack and my header clearance s$cks. I am thinking around level should be good or a tad down hill later if the landing and header issue permits it. I have about 4.5 inches now from collector to ground. Need to buy some real header lol. I might by a bolt on lower air dam for the lx nose up front that makes it look alot better when front is a little high. Thank guys..., ED

Ed501

Back to top Go down

Post  feetfirst July 12th 2010, 1:32 pm

Ed501 wrote:Thanks, the bump steer isnt good. I have i inch spacer on k-member so i definately dont want it too low in front. I have motor dropped on rack and my header clearance s$cks. I am thinking around level should be good or a tad down hill later if the landing and header issue permits it. I have about 4.5 inches now from collector to ground. Need to buy some real header lol. I might by a bolt on lower air dam for the lx nose up front that makes it look alot better when front is a little high. Thank guys..., ED

I found 3.25" header clearance was enough for landings........3" wasn't.... Very Happy

Basically a 1/2" - 1" forward rake is normal for these cars.
feetfirst
feetfirst

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper July 12th 2010, 2:01 pm

the stance is kind of dictated by the overall setup. my front is lower than I want but that is to get the IC where I wanted it. put the car on scales at race weight and use ride height and ARB to get the frt/rear bias you want and the IC and anti-squat you need.

I have seen everything from slammed cars that are level to the 4x4 look to the rake look all work fine.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller July 12th 2010, 11:59 pm

Here's a picture of my car but have only had it to the track 2 times,Later Mark.
Whats the ideal stants for traction {foxbody}? MarkMillers560

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Whats the ideal stants for traction {foxbody}? Empty header clearance?

Post  Ed501 July 13th 2010, 10:14 pm

Looks like the hookers headers would be to low with your car. What headers do you run? 60ft.? Got to survive the landing lol..., ED

Ed501

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller July 14th 2010, 12:35 am

I'm using MAC Headers but they quit making them years ago.Best 60 ft time so far is a crappy 1.66 i'm hoping to race it again next weekend.I've had the car together for 6 years but only had it to the track 2 times,Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down