BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You know whats bad about gettin old?-----Gettin old!

+8
res0rli9
rmcomprandy
cletus66
hillbillyerv
Larry Williams
billandlori
Treeyasoon
bcr466
12 posters

Go down

You know whats bad about gettin old?-----Gettin old! Empty You know whats bad about gettin old?-----Gettin old!

Post  bcr466 July 25th 2010, 2:21 am

Been trying to get my car ready, engine assembled, put new pump gears in another pump core for PG, etc. removing firewall and floor for new tinwork. In this heat and humidity I find myself doing crazy shyt I used to laugh at folks for doing. Like getting stiff all over, except where you want/need it too, having to grab your foot to get your leg high enough to get over in the engine compartment, then tripping and falling into it, get mad cause you fell, raise up and hit your bald head on the cowl, bleed on the car and floor, kick the car cause you broke the bark on your noggin, hurt the ingrown toenail, crying and cussing all at the same time, then realize you have to do it all over again to get out of the car. Stumble in the house, limping, bleeding, squalling and cussing, then somebody asks, "whats wrong with you"?
I think sometimes I'm gettin too old for this.
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

You know whats bad about gettin old?-----Gettin old! Empty Re: You know whats bad about gettin old?-----Gettin old!

Post  Treeyasoon July 25th 2010, 2:29 am

Bullshit....It is keeping you young, not making you old at all.
I always consider it a test of how bad I want to race.....Usually pretty bad....
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

You know whats bad about gettin old?-----Gettin old! Empty Re: You know whats bad about gettin old?-----Gettin old!

Post  billandlori July 25th 2010, 3:06 am

bcr466 wrote:Been trying to get my car ready, engine assembled, put new pump gears in another pump core for PG, etc. removing firewall and floor for new tinwork. In this heat and humidity I find myself doing crazy shyt I used to laugh at folks for doing. Like getting stiff all over, except where you want/need it too, having to grab your foot to get your leg high enough to get over in the engine compartment, then tripping and falling into it, get mad cause you fell, raise up and hit your bald head on the cowl, bleed on the car and floor, kick the car cause you broke the bark on your noggin, hurt the ingrown toenail, crying and cussing all at the same time, then realize you have to do it all over again to get out of the car. Stumble in the house, limping, bleeding, squalling and cussing, then somebody asks, "whats wrong with you"?

Then the fight started.....lol

Some days are better than others I find. Some days I can't go a foot without cutting, cracking, or scraping something!! Other days are much better.

You need a big a$$ A/C unit in the shop to take the edge off!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Williams July 25th 2010, 8:45 am

we don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing.

I am 65 and no where near ready to stop playing. lol even with all the aches and pains of old age
Larry Williams
Larry Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv July 25th 2010, 10:04 am

bcr466 wrote:Been trying to get my car ready, engine assembled, put new pump gears in another pump core for PG, etc. removing firewall and floor for new tinwork. In this heat and humidity I find myself doing crazy shyt I used to laugh at folks for doing. Like getting stiff all over, except where you want/need it too, having to grab your foot to get your leg high enough to get over in the engine compartment, then tripping and falling into it, get mad cause you fell, raise up and hit your bald head on the cowl, bleed on the car and floor, kick the car cause you broke the bark on your noggin, hurt the ingrown toenail, crying and cussing all at the same time, then realize you have to do it all over again to get out of the car. Stumble in the house, limping, bleeding, squalling and cussing, then somebody asks, "whats wrong with you"?
I think sometimes I'm gettin too old for this.

lmfao, I Feel Your Pain, it gets really bad when u realize you forgot to get the socket n go through it again before the blood stops runnin from the first round, it happens to me on a daily basis cause im a mechanic Crying or Very sad i tell the guys at work im gettin to old fer this CHIT bout a thousand times a day
Laughing tried to quit a few months back n boss said oh hell no, good thing fer him im got this bad racin Addiction Twisted Evil our i would load my chit n go to the house n lick me wounds Laughing ,
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 July 25th 2010, 10:21 am

Yesterday, I got light headed just carrying 2 cases of beer from the car to the porch. Embarassed
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 25th 2010, 11:43 am

Gettin' old can be a real bitch however, it is a LOT better than the alternative...!

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 July 25th 2010, 5:00 pm

cletus66 wrote:Yesterday, I got light headed just carrying 2 cases of beer from the car to the porch. Embarassed

Thought you quit

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 25th 2010, 6:36 pm

Don't think your the only one who's had crap like that happen to you. I've had something like that happen a couple times Embarassed
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 July 26th 2010, 10:56 am

res0rli9 wrote:
cletus66 wrote:Yesterday, I got light headed just carrying 2 cases of beer from the car to the porch. Embarassed

Thought you quit

Just till everything was paid off. Now it is !!!! Twisted Evil
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  342g July 26th 2010, 11:37 am

Come on Bob suck it up, get that car ready for next years bash, I promise you won't be the oldest one there. Wink Laughing
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 26th 2010, 11:51 am

Seeing guy's like Harold and other racers hard at it at their age really inspires me to keep at it. I saw racers this weekend that were in their 80's and still going strong and hard. You are only as old as you want to be. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 July 26th 2010, 3:14 pm

I dont want to be old, but my eyes and pain recepters still work. When I look in the mirror, my eyes close cause they say "I dont wanna see this!" The terminal case of DDS I have weighs heavily on my mind all time. Oh for those that dont know and havn't had it yet, DDS is dead dyck syndrome. If you aint had it, dont worry, you will.

Car will be ready soon, (BC knocking on head for Knock on wood) hope to take it for tin work within two weeks. My friend who will help on tin work it is like me, dont know much but cheap. Then get it back to install engine and many other things. You all know it never ends. Hopefully by the time it cools down around this area, Sept. I will have some test runs and will try to get someone to video some passes.
bcr466
bcr466

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 26th 2010, 5:03 pm

bcr466 wrote:I dont want to be old, but my eyes and pain recepters still work. When I look in the mirror, my eyes close cause they say "I dont wanna see this!" The terminal case of DDS I have weighs heavily on my mind all time. Oh for those that dont know and havn't had it yet, DDS is dead dyck syndrome. If you aint had it, dont worry, you will.

Car will be ready soon, (BC knocking on head for Knock on wood) hope to take it for tin work within two weeks. My friend who will help on tin work it is like me, dont know much but cheap. Then get it back to install engine and many other things. You all know it never ends. Hopefully by the time it cools down around this area, Sept. I will have some test runs and will try to get someone to video some passes.

Lock on the bright side...... you don't need a dick to race! Laughing Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 26th 2010, 5:14 pm

dfree383 wrote:
bcr466 wrote:I dont want to be old, but my eyes and pain recepters still work. When I look in the mirror, my eyes close cause they say "I dont wanna see this!" The terminal case of DDS I have weighs heavily on my mind all time. Oh for those that dont know and havn't had it yet, DDS is dead dyck syndrome. If you aint had it, dont worry, you will.

X2, you need balls! affraid
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  342g July 26th 2010, 5:24 pm

bb429power wrote:
dfree383 wrote:

X2, you need balls! affraid

.....good answer........ Very Happy
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 July 26th 2010, 8:04 pm

10-4, dont need it to race, but it sho do help the mindset Very Happy
bcr466
bcr466

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down