BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

building serious bbf need help and advice

4 posters

Go down

building serious bbf need help and advice Empty building serious bbf need help and advice

Post  blown460 July 26th 2010, 12:06 am

going to build a serious bbf looking for 557ci or more if possible... going to use the a460 block... have questions on what machine work i should get done? also how large can i stroke it (goin to run n/a for a while then might get a carb supercharger setup viz paxton procharger depending on cash flow) also what heads and valvetrain would u reccomend for somthing like thi setup? block is a 2 bolt guess i can get it splayed to a 4...

blown460

Back to top Go down

building serious bbf need help and advice Empty Re: building serious bbf need help and advice

Post  cool40 July 26th 2010, 12:15 am

a460 block is 4 bolt,a stock 460 block is not. Smile
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

building serious bbf need help and advice Empty Re: building serious bbf need help and advice

Post  blown460 July 26th 2010, 12:22 am

makes me happier to hear i was under the assunption it wasent... so should i have any block work done or is it pretty capable of handling serious hp looking to push around 7-800 mark or more

blown460

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 26th 2010, 12:25 am

800 hp is pushing the limits of a stock block. Do you have the casting numbers on your block?
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 July 26th 2010, 12:33 am

blown460 wrote:makes me happier to hear i was under the assunption it wasent... so should i have any block work done or is it pretty capable of handling serious hp looking to push around 7-800 mark or more
that aint a problem for A460 motorsport block.it's all about what you want,street,track,mud,etc....what's your plan?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty July 26th 2010, 12:55 am

The most cost effective stroke max is the 4.5" forged from Scat. On the other side of the cost spectrum, you can get some big stuff from Sonny Bryant. If everything sonics good, most of the A blocks can get to 4.6" bore and that is a 598 with the 4.5 crank, or you could do the 4.75 from Bryant and get a 632 with the 4.6 bore. The best heads are relative to what's in your check book. Heck if you are only after 800hp the A429's or TFS Street heads are more than capable or go with the SCJ's Lem has on sale. The hard part with these heads is going to be making it compatable with what you want to do as far as boost later on. I would build the N/A engine and make it work, and build another later for the boost. Two different animals when it comes to the parts to make each perform properly. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum