BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bowling green testing

5 posters

Go down

bowling green testing Empty bowling green testing

Post  KY JELLY August 22nd 2010, 9:19 pm

I wanted to congratulate Phillip I saw him go 197 mph Shocked that thing sounds "bodacious" . I was sure that was a blown car when I heard it take off from the pits , but turned around to see a black ford powered dragster.

I made a few test hits with the Blakes new tfs intake manifold . The egts are showing it to be a little more balanced than the victor, but still need to do a little single cylinder tuning on the nozzles. I started out with the nozzles the same size.

I launched the car conservative 4600 rpm I usually launch at 6000 rpm . It ran 1.131 and 1.130 60 time and ran 5.186 and 5.181 at 132.5 ans 132 .8 mph.

I will post the egt graph when I get it uploaded.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

bowling green testing Empty Re: bowling green testing

Post  bruno August 22nd 2010, 9:21 pm

nice passes Randy !!! ...that mph seems low for your deal .....

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY August 22nd 2010, 9:32 pm

It is. The air was bad and I have made some other tuning changes with the high speed leanout , its just going to take a little tuning on it to see if it will be better .

I had a restrictive fuel filter on and also changed filters styles so my entire tune up is different without even considering the manifold change. Also don't forget this is comparing a fully ported victor to the trick flow manifold.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Oakley Motorsports August 22nd 2010, 10:07 pm

KY JELLY wrote: I wanted to congratulate Phillip I saw him go 197 mph Shocked that thing sounds "bodacious" . I was sure that was a blown car when I heard it take off from the pits , but turned around to see a black ford powered dragster.

I made a few test hits with the Blakes new tfs intake manifold . The egts are showing it to be a little more balanced than the victor, but still need to do a little single cylinder tuning on the nozzles. I started out with the nozzles the same size.

I launched the car conservative 4600 rpm I usually launch at 6000 rpm . It ran 1.131 and 1.130 60 time and ran 5.186 and 5.181 at 132.5 ans 132 .8 mph.

I will post the egt graph when I get it uploaded.

Thanks Randy. Your car looks great!! Good luck with the manifold tuning.

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY August 22nd 2010, 10:35 pm

Thanks Phillip

Here is the egt graph had to load it with the redneck scanner (aka camera shot of the screen lol)

bowling green testing 20100822RedAlertBGTest
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird August 23rd 2010, 12:21 am

You got all the kool stuff Ky Jelly...your my HeRo!!!!!! I can hardly wait until I get some of that HiGh TeCh ReDnEcK sTuFf...We gOnNa Be FlYiN lOw ThEn cheers king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 23rd 2010, 10:19 am

KY JELLY wrote:Thanks Phillip

Here is the egt graph had to load it with the redneck scanner (aka camera shot of the screen lol)

bowling green testing 20100822RedAlertBGTest

For whatever reason, it looks to be richer on one side if the engine. Would seem to indicate that "air flow" is less on that side.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY August 23rd 2010, 4:22 pm

I see what you mean , but the 2 hot cylinders are on the same side as the cold cylinders. It seems to be well balanced on the passenger side. I would think 6 & 7 are flowing better , the question is are they stealing air from 5 and 8 or is it one of them pulse tuning issue's just effecting the 5 & 8 runners.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down