BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody using the rear spring relocation kit from Crites?

4 posters

Go down

Anybody using the rear spring relocation kit from Crites? Empty Anybody using the rear spring relocation kit from Crites?

Post  Beast September 6th 2010, 8:06 am

Can anybody tell me what size wheel and tyre combo will fit in my 66 Fairlane after the installation of the rear spring relocation kit from Crites? It says that it creates 3 inches more space on each side. Will the diff and axles have to be shortened to fully utilize the extra space? Would I be silly not to give it a mini-tub too? I'm looking to get more rubber on the ground, but a full-on tub job and big dollar rear end don't fit in the budget at the moment.
Beast
Beast

Back to top Go down

Anybody using the rear spring relocation kit from Crites? Empty Spring relocate

Post  gzbo605 September 9th 2010, 7:04 pm

I would suggest you open up the wheel wells a bit...I think getting an inch and a hlf more tire on each side of the flange is a stretch..unless you do tub it a bit

gzbo605

Back to top Go down

Anybody using the rear spring relocation kit from Crites? Empty Re: Anybody using the rear spring relocation kit from Crites?

Post  NO FAIR September 12th 2010, 1:44 pm

Do a mini tub that way you can still have a back seat.
Dave
Smile
NO FAIR
NO FAIR

Back to top Go down

Anybody using the rear spring relocation kit from Crites? Empty Re: Anybody using the rear spring relocation kit from Crites?

Post  1lowet September 18th 2010, 8:00 pm

I moved front hangers to inside frame, measured over& Very Happy hung new stubs for back hangers, cut sheet metal between fender and frame pushed fenderwell over to frame under coated looks stock. Things i would change cut fender well at top add sheet metal widen whole fenderwell on body side, use sliders for for rear spring hangers, front spring bushing steel with bronze sleeve.

1lowet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down