BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help for my friend's Saturn, please.

+3
richter69
Curt
bb429power
7 posters

Go down

Help for my friend's Saturn, please. Empty Help for my friend's Saturn, please.

Post  bb429power September 17th 2010, 8:26 pm

Well my friend has a 95 saturn with a 1.9l 4 banger in it. I found pistons, but no rings. Suspect He doesn't know as much as me and I'm giving him some "A++ know it all engine skills" to get another engine built for him. He's going to build another engine while he drives this one to the ground. Well here are the pistons, which of the two he should get I don't know until the head comes off.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/Make/SATURN/Year/1995/Bore-in/3-258-in/Quantity/Sold-as-a-set-of-4/?keyword=pistons

30 over by the way, I hope I can get him an answer on where to get rings on monday. And what do you guys think of Accel spark plugs and wires? Good, bad?
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Help for my friend's Saturn, please. Empty Re: Help for my friend's Saturn, please.

Post  Curt September 17th 2010, 8:57 pm

If its already 30 over, I'd say he has gotten his money out of it, and the rest probably wont last as long as a good rebuild. The plug wire on that wont matter much, if he doenst have a radio, just wrap some coat hangers with black tape and let it eat. Smile
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Help for my friend's Saturn, please. Empty Re: Help for my friend's Saturn, please.

Post  bb429power September 17th 2010, 9:03 pm

I'm helping him with the rebuild of the new engine. He will let the current engine already in it die but he needs it to get to school at the moment. The parts I'm talking about are for the newer engine and I'm going to help him get it going probably. I have some stuff planed for the new one.

It isn't 30 over, but the new engine he will probably have it bored .030 over so its a fresh surface.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 17th 2010, 9:19 pm

If you were a real friend you would help him cart it off to the dump............... Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power September 17th 2010, 9:24 pm

richter69 wrote:If you were a real friend you would help him cart it off to the dump............... Wink
He wants a mild build, not anything even close to wild. Basically a stock build, I think he wants to road race it and maybe take it to the track once. Its just something for now, he's not going to try to make it really go fast or gain a ton of power. Its not like its a friggen drag car, the most he's talked about is a 50 or 75 shot for the drags.

Some people's parents don't allow them to build up a nice drag car or anything. Its just his ride, not his hot rod. Smile
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 17th 2010, 9:27 pm

bb429power wrote:
richter69 wrote:If you were a real friend you would help him cart it off to the dump............... Wink
He wants a mild build, not anything even close to wild. Basically a stock build, I think he wants to road race it and maybe take it to the track once. Its just something for now, he's not going to try to make it really go fast or gain a ton of power. Its not like its a friggen drag car, the most he's talked about is a 50 or 75 shot for the drags.

Some people's parents don't allow them to build up a nice drag car or anything. Its just his ride, not his hot rod. Smile

I bet my CC dually would run off and hide from that thing.......with a trailer behind it lol...........it aint a hotrod, but it aint a Saturn either................. Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power September 17th 2010, 9:37 pm

I know it sounds stupid, but his car actually looks nice. Not like what you would think of when you hear the name Saturn, its black, and I kind of want one. Why? Laughing Keywords: 605", c6, 9", M5, W's, sv-1. Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 17th 2010, 9:48 pm

bb429power wrote:I know it sounds stupid, but his car actually looks nice. Not like what you would think of when you hear the name Saturn, its black, and I kind of want one. Why? Laughing Keywords: 605", c6, 9", M5, W's, sv-1. Laughing

get me those pics and I'll put "Saturn" on the "everyone list"...... Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power September 17th 2010, 10:00 pm

richter69 wrote:
bb429power wrote:I know it sounds stupid, but his car actually looks nice. Not like what you would think of when you hear the name Saturn, its black, and I kind of want one. Why? Laughing Keywords: 605", c6, 9", M5, W's, sv-1. Laughing

get me those pics and I'll put "Saturn" on the "everyone list"...... Wink
I want to put that stuff in a car that NO ONE would ever expect to be a drag car. I thought about a jeep cherokee, and I'm talking about going all out. But I know there is already one.
By the way, he hates Honda's and the one point in the build is to impress people at the track to see a Saturn + beat the Honda's.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs211.snc3/21834_103401946353185_100000501412003_88538_274793_n.jpg

I don't give a crap about the engine, trans, axle, suspension, interior, its all replaceable with good racing parts of my choice.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.dragtimes.com/images/16242-1986-Jeep-Cherokee.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dragtimes.com/Jeep-Cherokee-Timeslip-16242.html&usg=__aCMbPh66fY8F3jDyVEJZkPv1wsE=&h=400&w=600&sz=362&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=6mnyEC04XXppOM:&tbnh=137&tbnw=201&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djeep%2Bcherokee%2Bdrag%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D575%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=132&vpy=84&dur=4615&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=156&ty=119&ei=rhyUTN-jA9GwnAfYzYywBw&oei=rhyUTN-jA9GwnAfYzYywBw&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T September 17th 2010, 10:13 pm

ok here is a link to a import buesness in florida that i have ordered thousands of dollars of parts from.they have anything from mild to wild preformance parts at reasonable prices and most of the time it is in stock.on the front page scrol down to saturn click on it and everything they offer for the car is in alphabetcol order Smile

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power September 17th 2010, 10:18 pm

Thanks Larry, but the link doesn't work. Nor do any of the links I found on google. Suspect Are they still around?
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt September 17th 2010, 10:25 pm

Not that I didn't believe Larry, but I clicked on the link and it worked for me.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power September 17th 2010, 10:27 pm

Curt wrote:Not that I didn't believe Larry, but I clicked on the link and it worked for me.
It gives me that "server not found" and "problem loading page" message. I'll try again tomorrow.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T September 17th 2010, 10:40 pm

try it in your serch engen importpreformanceparts.net and see what happens.also refresh the page when it says no longer available.i tryed it on my end and it works for me it maybe your server at the moment?

here is their phone number incase you still cant get the page to come up 603.378.0090

Last edited by Larry T on September 17th 2010, 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 September 17th 2010, 10:45 pm

or click on tool bar and click allow and or delete cookies if you havent dont it in awhile

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power September 18th 2010, 9:19 am

The link works now, thanks for whoever moved this the the general discussion. I'll send the link to him, thanks Larry.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle September 18th 2010, 4:11 pm

bb429power wrote:

quit making excuses for him and stick a BBF in there.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power September 18th 2010, 4:19 pm

jbozzelle wrote:
bb429power wrote:

Oh believe me. He would if he could; Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle September 18th 2010, 10:25 pm

bb429power wrote:
jbozzelle wrote:
bb429power wrote:

There you go again making excuses... Rolling Eyes

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power September 19th 2010, 9:15 pm

jbozzelle wrote:
bb429power wrote:
jbozzelle wrote:
bb429power wrote:

There you go again making excuses... Rolling Eyes

Would you like to donate a 460, c6, and 9" to the "put a BBF in my friends saturn club"? Plus the front end would have to be changed out. I can't tell if your joking or not, but this is what he has. It might not be anything cool but its like when your a kid, your parents get you a bike and you want to trick it out. Because that's all you have. Smile He likes Fords, if I keep in touch with him I'll make sure to get him into the drags with a BBF.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power September 20th 2010, 4:39 pm

Well he seemed happy. I picked out some nice hyper. KB pistons with valve reliefs for .030 over. I guess those engines have forged rods stock, I might work over his heads. But I told him about getting a 3 angle intake valve job and full radius exhaust seat.

Should be a killer engine when done. Cool Thought about getting a turbo from the scrapyard and cleaning it up for it too.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 21st 2010, 5:13 am

Why??? If the motors wore out go the the Junk Yard and get another one....... Stop trying to build a race car out of a car you / he use to get to school or work....... Use the money to buy another beater if the current one is junk..... The save and buy a race car.... Fox mustang is a good start.... A stock 5.0 with some simple bolt ons and gears will make that Saturn look like it's going backwards!!! And yes the you can put a 460 in it later... Damn whipper snapper kids you need to teach them how not to totaly waste their money.... cheers
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power September 21st 2010, 2:55 pm

There's some confusion here. It will be a mild build, not a drag car. He might take it to the drags just for fun, he's not looking to run fast or anything. Just run for fun every now and then, the high school nationals have kids like my brothers friend who was running 18's. It just for fun, as for the engine. The one IN IT is making it by just to get him from A to B. The engine that will be built is a seperate engine all together that will be built and then swapped in. I'm not great friends with the kid, but I'm helping him out. He wants to do it, then make a drag car down the road.

I HATE RICERS! But I'm just helping him out, he's not a ricer maniac himself. But he doesn't know much and I'm being a good person and giving him good guidance so he gets it done good and cheaper.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down