BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plumbing my nitrous kit

+9
droppedf100
studly
bigjohn2007
BOSS 429
Barney
whatbumper
1Bad91
bruno
Beast
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Plumbing my nitrous kit - Page 2 Empty Re: Plumbing my nitrous kit

Post  Induction-Solutions October 26th 2010, 10:08 am

We most commonly recommend one big pump for all, a good carb reg depending on overall HP of the engine, and the Holley 12-803's for the nitrous and we dead head them as well about 99% of the time...

My guess is that on the car of ours you saw a bypass on now has a blank jet in it. Later in the year when I realized Chris was by passing I pointed out and issue he was having would be linked to the lean spike by passing a direct port causes. He blanked it off and picked up a little more in 60 feet...

Hope this helps.. SJ

Brooksville, Fl. 34604
Shop 352-593-5900
Cell 815-341-8853
www.InductionSolutions.com
Induction-Solutions
Induction-Solutions
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

http://www.InductionSolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stang93mustang October 31st 2010, 11:13 am

question on this subject???? If using two regulators and one pump. My pump is running at 21 psi regulated to 6-7 psi. on the second regulator, is that tapped from the first regulator or T'd from the main line? Sorry if someone posted answer all ready but did not read every single post fully.

What psi should you supply to Nos fuel solinoids. This will be new to me. Planning on installing the ZEX 82048 system over the winter.

stang93mustang
stang93mustang

https://www.youtube.com/user/stang93mustang

Back to top Go down

Post  studly October 31st 2010, 2:11 pm

Steve sells a nice fuel rail that the Holley regulators fit on, get the thee three port fuel rail for just in case later on down the road. there will be a 10 line coming from the pump that feeds the rail and the regulators just fit in a row on top then just use the regulators to set individual pressure for carb, nitrous, as for the nos Fuel psi everyone is different i usally start at 5.5 to 6.0 on a plate and 5.0 to 5.5 psi for a fogger system. I think steves fuel rails are the best bang for the buck. i did not see them till after i brought my magnafuel rails Mad

Good Luck
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 31st 2010, 3:10 pm

I like to tee off the main line. Then I run both outlets off of one to the carb. The other of course is the nitrous only regulator. I sent one side to the fuel solenoid and the other has a fitting to flow the system.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  stang93mustang October 31st 2010, 3:44 pm

I use the Barry Grant 440+ kit front to back. Would I be looking at finding a matcing BG regulator or will the Holley work just since I'm using it for NOS only. I have a BG 4 port regulator on using only two the ports.

stang93mustang
stang93mustang

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 31st 2010, 5:29 pm

you need the holley one that Steve suggested. you will find that they repeat better than the "better" ones.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  stang93mustang October 31st 2010, 5:42 pm

whatbumper wrote:you need the holley one that Steve suggested. you will find that they repeat better than the "better" ones.

Thanks, I'll put that on the list. Hope not jackin thread too much, but trying to figure if should us a timer or not. I know racin is not cheap but just like the regulator you suggested I like to save money where ever I can using quality parts.
stang93mustang
stang93mustang

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 31st 2010, 5:45 pm

We put a plate system on the little Chevy p/u a week ago and took it friday night........track was cold as hell, had a hard time keeping the bottle pressure up, ran 13.16 off and 11.80 with a 150 shot. This was an Edelbrock Victor 4150 plate set up with a bottle heater (did not have it on) he bought at a swap meet here in town for 200 bucks...used one time lol. This nitrous set up still wont 60' like the truck did on alky...........go figure. Still not bad for a pump gas 383 street truck weighing 4150#s

He has my old Prostar pump, and regulator, we just t'd before the carb regulator and used his old Holley reg..........worked like a champ.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2