BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equity Truck PUll

+2
Curt
TRUKPULR
6 posters

Go down

Equity Truck PUll Empty Equity Truck PUll

Post  TRUKPULR September 19th 2010, 1:04 pm

Last pull of the 2010 season.

WUMPA hosted their Club pull at Equity Park. I left the house at 7:30 a.m. to go do my part for the club and help out. I took care of the truck registration where I got all set up in the concession stand with the clubs lap top and printer. It’s 8:30 a.m. now and the guys started to trickle in to get registered. So by the time I got all the class line up sheets done and printed out, and got the spread sheets made out on the computer and moved everything up to the announcers stand it was 3:00 p.m. The tractors got a late start so with there 13 classes they ran until 4:00 p.m.

So we had a drivers meeting and started the Truck part of the show it’s now 4:30 p.m. the days line up for the trucks was 5000, 5500, Stock Diesel, 6000, 6200 Street, Super Stock, Mod Diesel, Mod Semi, Mod 4x4, then Stock Semi to finish the night off. So where on schedule with minimal truck breakage being seen with most truck pulling to the 320 foot mark thanks to Jimmies 007 sled being there. All night only one Truck needed to be towed off the track.

So after 5 classes we got to my first class Super Stock. We had 7 trucks in the field, With Chucky “Welcome to Wal-mart” Champagne being the first truck in the class to pull. Chucky lit his tires up at the line and never got out of the throttle till Jimmie put the hurt to him at the 333.44 ‘ mark. Setting the top speed of the day at this point of 25.4 Mph. I got to sit and watch the whole class run today seeing I was the second to last truck to run.
Next up was Ed McClain and he had some issues with his truck with it popping and sparking out of the headers down the track pulling 301.3’ and a track speed of 20.1 mph.
So next we had The Good (All White Ford) of Derek Peetz and the Bad (All Black Ford) of Ben Holtger. Derek Pulled 314.14 with a track speed of 22.6 mph and Ben pulled a 315.34 with a track speed of 22.6 mph Next up was my Beer Drinking Buddy Dean Wagner and Burn n Desire He left the line good had one little pop at the 300 foot mark but made it to the 322.77 foot mark with a track speed of 24.1. So ShaZam is up next and I had my planed route down the track all figured out a while ago. So I got lined up and pulled the chain tight. Set all the switches and put it in 3rd rolled ShaZam out of the hole and eased the throttle to 3,4,5 then Full throttle at the 100-foot mark and the tach went to 7500 then 8000 and flickered at 8200 then came down to 7500 when the last stage hit ShaZam was sitting at the 326.5’ mark and I had a track speed of 24.3 mph. So I’m sitting in 2nd place as I head to the trailer with one truck behind me. Now I didn’t get to see Barb run but the stat sheet says she pulled 310.44 with a track speed of 21.1 mph.

So I changed over to my mod tires and headed into staging and watched the Mod Semi’s make there runs down the track. The most impressive run I ever seen in all my years of pulling came out of the A&C Sawdust Truck called Stacks. As he left the line he pulled the drivers front wheel off the ground 15” and held it off the ground to the 280’ mark where it just touch for a second then came off the ground again as the pan hit and the semi grunted another 50’ to have a 435’ pull with a top speed of the day of 30.5 mph.

So in Mod 4x4 we had 6 trucks and I was 4th puller in the class. Ed McClain was the 1st puller. Ed said he thought he might have a bad valve spring, so he was just going to make a run and shut it down if anything goes south. Well as Ed was leaving the line he bounced and broke his rear-end stopping at 159.66’ So up next was another beer drinking buddy of mine Craig Emmes and Cold Ethyl, Now Craig had a prefect run tonight, he left the line great never bounced put the power down at the right time and pulled the sled 333.05’ with a track speed of 25.8. Next up was Derek Peetz and he had a good run with his worked over Open Stock motor planting all his power to the ground and pulling 326.5’ with a track speed of 22.7 mph. ShaZam was up next and I planed to run the same line I did in Super Stock Cuz the bit on the right side of the track seem better then the left side. So after getting lined up and pulled the chain tight I went through my normal routine all switches on then put the tranny in 3rd and as I was leaving the line I rolled ShaZam out 50 feet before I put the hammer down on ShaZam and the tach headed for 7800 and held there till the pan hit and then sucked me down to 7000 before the tires broke loose stopping me at 330.71’ with a track speed of 23.8 mph. So next up was Dean and I got to watch Dean run from on top my trailer it looked like he had a good run and was stopped at the 317.97’ mark with a track speed of 22.9 mph. Dean later told me he was way under geared for the run. Last truck up was Chucky Champaign and Chucky only put his rear Mod tires on tonight, But he still managed to pull the sled 324.52’ with a track speed of 24.6 mph. So I placed 2nd in both classes tonight. And the season’s now over I got ShaZam all chained down on the trailer and headed home for the night it’s now 8:30 p.m.

So we’ll Do a leak down test on it then pull the motor out and send it back to the Race Shop for a lookey inside. Hope everything looks good then work on my winter project of getting ShaZam to roll easier in Neutral.

So until next Memorial weekend hope you all have a good one.

The 2010 Pulling Season is officially over.

My Standings with the clubs I belong to in 2010

N.E.W. Motorsports made all pulls
5th out of 17 trucks in Super Stock
2nd out of 12 trucks in Modified
WUMPA made all pulls
1st out of 10 trucks in Super Stock
2nd out of 7 trucks in Modified
P.I. Mod 17th out of 32 trucks missed 3 pulls
P.I. Super Stock 12th out of 27 trucks missed 3 pulls

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Equity Truck PUll Empty Re: Equity Truck PUll

Post  Curt September 19th 2010, 1:10 pm

Cool
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 19th 2010, 2:17 pm

Thanks Dan I enjoyed it as always. Can't wait till next year............. Cool
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 19th 2010, 2:28 pm

Sounds like you had a good year Dan. You deserve a big ole pat on the back for a season well done. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs September 19th 2010, 2:36 pm

Not a bad year at all! Congrats! Cool
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  95lightiningguy September 20th 2010, 2:03 am

Gonna miss the stories. Sad Congratulations, cant wait for next year. Very Happy
95lightiningguy
95lightiningguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down