BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving habits of young ones....

+2
jasonf
bigblockfox468
6 posters

Go down

Driving habits of young ones....  Empty Driving habits of young ones....

Post  bigblockfox468 October 5th 2010, 8:12 am

On Saturday a young gal (like high school senior age) lost control of her 02 Mustang on a wet road. We were at an intersection that has 2 left turn lanes,both of us were turning left, I was on the inside and she was on the outside lane. The light turned green I took off and shifted into second in the middle of the turn and the next thing I knew she was coming along side of me on the right sideways and towards the front of me, I turned left and braked and caught her with my right front at her left rear kind of like a pit manuever the cops do and sent her in a counterclockwise spin. So now I have a slightly banged up truck Mad The Ole Ranger put some hurt on that Mustang. After the fender bender the girl told me that her car appeared to be swerving alot that day and didn't know why so I explained to her why, rear wheel drive and what the traction control was about. She only had the car for three weeks Rolling Eyes Shocked Shocked

Don't understand why parents put their inexpierienced loved ones behind the wheel of cars like that. Evil or Very Mad
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Driving habits of young ones....  Empty Re: Driving habits of young ones....

Post  jasonf October 5th 2010, 9:56 am

Well 2 of my 3 girls got into very small fender benders withing their first couple weeks of driving. I spent many of hours driving with them before that but I am sure it is still not the same when dad isn't there. The first one was just a scuff and the owner was real nice about it, he just had my daughter go down and pay the bill at the chevy dealership. The second one was in a parking lot so it was a no fault kinda thing. She still drives with here little scuff.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs October 5th 2010, 11:47 am

I can honestly say since I was 14 and started driving that I have never hit someone Shocked
But i hear you on young drivers with to much machine to start out with. Was it a GT or 6 banger?
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 5th 2010, 12:25 pm

I have to agree w/Mike on this. I own a 95 Mustang GT and a 06 V6 .They are both very dangerous on wet roads,but the GT is worse because of the low profile tires that tend to ride on top of the water. Until you have owned one its hard to realize how fast it is for one of these to get out from under you on a wet road. Young/old or experienced/not they can be dangerous.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf October 5th 2010, 12:32 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:I have to agree w/Mike on this. I own a 95 Mustang GT and a 06 V6 .They are both very dangerous on wet roads,but the GT is worse because of the low profile tires that tend to ride on top of the water. Until you have owned one its hard to realize how fast it is for one of these to get out from under you on a wet road. Young/old or experienced/not they can be dangerous.

Good tires rated for rain makes a huge difference. Not that great for performance but good for the young ones. It does help my daughters car is an automatic.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 5th 2010, 5:57 pm

I'm right there with you 10 full, I can really get into it about the kids my age and their stupidity. But in the end, I wont change their stupidity. They have no common sense nowadays just like everyone else (except the car guys, and I mean that, they usually have a lot of common sense and a good outlook on life)
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair October 6th 2010, 5:20 am

About 4 years back I had to drive a buddy home late at night because he had had WAAAY too much to drink. At the time I had an 86 crapmaro with a stick that I had just bought that had DOT slicks on it and, of course it was raining hard. Goosed it a bit switching lanes and sent it spinning across 3 lanes and came to rest facing the wrong direction in the intersection, to my great fortune the streets were near deserted that night so nobody got hurt and nothing got broken. Got some REAL tires on that POS the next morning.
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down