BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low compression 460 with nitrous?

2 posters

Go down

Low compression 460 with nitrous? Empty Low compression 460 with nitrous?

Post  truck-collector October 10th 2010, 11:06 pm

Im thinking about using up some extra parts I have in the garage. I have a 72 460 block thats bored 20 over with a set of Speedpro h418p pistons. Id probably use a set of d3 heads. I have an older nitrous kit that Id like to use. I think its good for up 250 horse. With these pistons and heads Id have a weak 8:1 cr. What are you guys thoughts on this? It would probably be used on the strip on a limited basis and thats it (not in any real competitive situations). Im just curious if this is even worth my time. Anyone else build something like this? Again, this is all stuff I have in the garage which is why Im using this combination. Thanks!

truck-collector

Back to top Go down

Low compression 460 with nitrous? Empty Re: Low compression 460 with nitrous?

Post  nuclearcobra October 11th 2010, 12:53 pm

Nitrous loves low compression i think it'll run like a raped ape, i never messed with low compression 460's and the juice but i sprayed a 302 for a while that had 8:5 cr and it worked great it was slow and ran 13.80 @ 100mph and with a 125 shot it went 11.60 even @ 116 mph, needless to say i was hooked after that Very Happy
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down