BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Down here at SGMP

+4
cool40
69F100
jones
8 posters

Go down

Down here at SGMP Empty Down here at SGMP

Post  jones October 23rd 2010, 1:00 pm

We came down to South Georgia Motorsports Park in Adel Georgia, Friday and have really been enjoying the track and the awsome small tire racing!

Unfortunatly, Joe with the 815cu in the fox body broke a timing belt and hurt a bunch of stuff. Anyone else down here, just holler at me.

jones

Back to top Go down

Down here at SGMP Empty Re: Down here at SGMP

Post  69F100 October 23rd 2010, 10:01 pm

Jones as much as I wanted to go I am unable to make it down this weekend.My 86 f1500 lost oil pressure yesterday so I have been working on putting another engine in it today for I will have something to pull my Ranger with.I will hopefully finish it tomorrow.Got to get the 86 going for I can do some TNT next weekend the 69 will pull with 86 if not better but don't stop as good as the 86 with a load behind it. I need to put power brakes on it.Maybe I can catch up with you next time you down this way.

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 23rd 2010, 10:27 pm

jones wrote:We came down to South Georgia Motorsports Park in Adel Georgia, Friday and have really been enjoying the track and the awsome small tire racing!

Unfortunatly, Joe with the 815cu in the fox body broke a timing belt and hurt a bunch of stuff. Anyone else down here, just holler at me.
timing belt! how'd that happen?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  138 October 23rd 2010, 10:49 pm

not how.. when... 1st round qualifiers... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle October 24th 2010, 2:20 am

Jonesy

Your big butt should be down here at Gulfport Dragway for the Ford vs Chevy race.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  jones October 24th 2010, 9:01 am

jbozzelle wrote:Jonesy

Your big butt should be down here at Gulfport Dragway for the Ford vs Chevy race.

Would have been a little closer, but I doubt I would have seen as many 4sec passes on 275 radials.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice October 24th 2010, 9:15 am

jones wrote:
jbozzelle wrote:Jonesy

Would have been a little closer, but I doubt I would have seen as many 4sec passes on 275 radials.

One of our locals is there for sure. Chris Evans with the "BIG GREEN" is there and has been some 4.89's so far. He has been so sucsesful this year that he actually had a target on the door for the Yellowbullet Nationals @ Cecil County Dragway. Go Maryland ........ He is a good racer and has about as good of shot of bringing the $15,000 home as anyone there.

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jmayabb October 24th 2010, 11:32 am

Good to meet you Jones. It's always nice to put a face with a screen name. We got back home this morning around 2:00 AM. It was a very disappointing weekend for us. We drove 12 hours and got to the line during round 1 of qualifying and when I put the car on the transbrake and mashed the gas it died. I cranked it over and knew it was done. It broke the timing belt and after pulling the valve covers off it looks like it got some valves and pushrods too. We just can't catch a break. Otherwise we had fun though. Biggest heads up race I have ever seen in person, on TV, in magazines, or anywhere else.
jmayabb
jmayabb

http://www.joesraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn October 24th 2010, 12:30 pm

Sorry to hear about the bad luck Joe. I wish I had known you where going to be there, Mike and I could have drove over. It's not that far from Savannah.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down