BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got back from Gainesville FL NHRA Unleashed Race

+11
bruno
72mav
Treeyasoon
'65 T-BOLT
69bluehotrod
56Tbird
NOS42
res0rli9
bbf-falcon
Nevs
Wheelie58
15 posters

Go down

Just got back from Gainesville FL NHRA Unleashed Race Empty Just got back from Gainesville FL NHRA Unleashed Race

Post  Wheelie58 November 7th 2010, 4:48 pm

I don't normally want to bore this group with race reports from all of my southeastern travels, but this one was pretty cool.
I rolled in to the Gainsville Raceway with a new torque converter and a solid setup for the 9.50 heads-up index. I tested it in Georgia last Saturday and it seemed good with a 9.53 and 9.52 pass. I had a new weight strategy, with the car rolling at 3770#. The air quality and track quality in Florida was super. On the first pass, my nice 9.50 setup was not good. It ripped a 9.400 with the same tune-up.
After a few test runs, I kept tweaking the timing retards and was able to nail the index on the first qualifying attempt...with a 9.502...good for #1 position. Got up Saturday morning and the air was even better. I adjusted the timing one more time and hit a 9.502 again, with a .002 light to boot. Still had the #1 slot. In the afternoon final session, I moved the timing 1.5 degree and ran a perfect 9.500.
The old 605 was doing it job!
Round #1...I got a bye run...ran A 9.495. Round #2, treed my opponent who was apparently spraying the heck out of a SBF...they got loose in high gear and shut off at 1200' and I lifted to a 9.53.
My computer locked up and died before round 1 and I had no weather station, ET predictor, Racepak....all gone.
Round #3, I drew a guy who had been hammering the tree all day with teen lights.
I got him on the tree....029 to his .045....passed him at 1150' and all of a suddden remembered my .003 breakout in the final round at Columbus a few weeks ago. I tapped the brake to "tighten up" the stripe and BINGO..gave the stripe to my guy by .006. GGGRRRR.
Live and learn...
Anyway, the final 2010 NHRA Unleashed race was a gas. Several of my Super Street and Super Gas buddies tried out the series and were impressed with how much fun it is. Lots of BBF powered cars there.
Next year......!!!
Keith

Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Just got back from Gainesville FL NHRA Unleashed Race Empty Re: Just got back from Gainesville FL NHRA Unleashed Race

Post  Nevs November 7th 2010, 7:20 pm

Congratulations on a very good year in the Unleashed series Keith. Sounds like you've found a second home. Nice job!
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Just got back from Gainesville FL NHRA Unleashed Race Empty Re: Just got back from Gainesville FL NHRA Unleashed Race

Post  bbf-falcon November 7th 2010, 7:23 pm

Sounds like alot of fun Keith,and thats why we do what we do Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 November 7th 2010, 8:09 pm

Congratulations Cool

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  NOS42 November 7th 2010, 8:22 pm

thats some good running! congrats

Last edited by NOS42 on November 7th 2010, 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cant spell)
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird November 7th 2010, 8:27 pm

Good job Keith , I think I need to give you some top end pointers lol! .006 is too close to judge brother!! Your da man king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69bluehotrod November 7th 2010, 8:49 pm

Good job Keith.... cheers
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://rainbowvacuumsalesservice.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT November 7th 2010, 8:58 pm

nice driving! can't win them all
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon November 7th 2010, 9:24 pm

When you give your winter tech seminar on index racing, be sure to let me know.....I'll make it a point to be there.
I hope/plan to see you around at a few of these deals next year.....It seems that the index stuff is starting to catch on around these parts...
Congrats on a good season.
Jeff
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav November 7th 2010, 10:09 pm

Run your own race Keith. Dont dump anybody...
Sorry about your loss though.
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno November 7th 2010, 10:13 pm

very nice work Cool

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Varney November 7th 2010, 10:20 pm

Great job as usual Keith! I had really planned on doing the Gainesville race but my daughter had to have rather emergency surgery and had to call off the trip. For all of you guys thinking of doing some of these next year...do it! These Unleashed deals are a blast and.... I think they might do 6 of them next year and will be at different tracks than they were at this year. So go out there and do like Keith does and show em what that Ford power can do! Hey Keith did you get to see any previews of the Indy race?

Gary Varney

Back to top Go down

Just got back from Gainesville FL NHRA Unleashed Race Empty Hollywood Gary

Post  Wheelie58 November 7th 2010, 10:34 pm

Gary Varney wrote:Great job as usual Keith! I had really planned on doing the Gainesville race but my daughter had to have rather emergency surgery and had to call off the trip. For all of you guys thinking of doing some of these next year...do it! These Unleashed deals are a blast and.... I think they might do 6 of them next year and will be at different tracks than they were at this year. So go out there and do like Keith does and show em what that Ford power can do! Hey Keith did you get to see any previews of the Indy race?

Yeah....we saw the first Indy episode that will air in 2 more weeks (show#3) as I recall, you are on there.
By the way, I found an in-car video on You Tube of your car. What camera are you using and what kind of mount? It looks great.
Thanks!
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Just got back from Gainesville FL NHRA Unleashed Race Empty Thanks

Post  Wheelie58 November 7th 2010, 10:48 pm

Thanks for all of the nice comments guys.
At least 5 people came up to my pit...or in the lanes and asked if I had a Ford or Chevy engine in the car.....they were all delighted to hear the FORD news.
I was very tempted to pull all the weight and cut the timing loose and run the 9.00 index. The air was good enough there...I think it would have run an 8.98 or 8.99 based on the 9.0 run that I made at the same track early this year.
It is good to have some "adjustment" room anyway. If I get my glass doors hung this winter, it may be ready for the 9.0 index.
If I need to put the 514 back in, it should be real good on the 10.0 class.
Thanks!
Keith
www.KeithFulpMotorsports.com
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  jcoxracing November 8th 2010, 3:51 am

So how were the car counts for the index classes? I can't wait for the 2011 nhra unleashed schedule to come out. My dad and I plan on running most of the circuit in the 10.0 index class.
Justin
jcoxracing
jcoxracing

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Varney November 8th 2010, 7:52 am

Keith it is a go pro camera, the motor sports version comes with a roll bar mount. The thing is very small- about 3 inches long and only weighs a few oz's. I have a friend up here that sells them, happens to be a BBF racer also- can get you his contact info if you want.

Gary Varney

Back to top Go down

Just got back from Gainesville FL NHRA Unleashed Race Empty Nice

Post  knrclark November 8th 2010, 9:49 am

Nice job Keith. I am watching this series on TV and hope to run across your car. Go get one of them Wally's for the BBF guys!

Kerry
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Just got back from Gainesville FL NHRA Unleashed Race Empty Car count

Post  Wheelie58 November 8th 2010, 7:01 pm

jcoxracing wrote:So how were the car counts for the index classes? I can't wait for the 2011 nhra unleashed schedule to come out. My dad and I plan on running most of the circuit in the 10.0 index class.
Justin
Justin,
I know that Gainesville had the best car count of any Unleashed race at over 300 cars.
The 8.50, 9.0 and 9.50 classes had 20 cars (each) or less, as I recall.
The 10.0 was heavy with over 60 cars...and all other index classes were relatively high.
The 10.0 class is very competitive. The top 10 qualifiers were all closer than 10.02. I think the top 2 were both 10.000 and even # 5 was 10.008 or so.
Bad dudes in there! affraid
I will look forward to seeing Y'all there!
Thanks,
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv November 8th 2010, 9:39 pm

Way to go Keith congrats cheers , we`ll keep watchin for ya so i can tell my local buds we pit next to that guy i know him personally, good job man Cool
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jcoxracing November 8th 2010, 9:43 pm

Wheelie58 wrote:
jcoxracing wrote:So how were the car counts for the index classes? I can't wait for the 2011 nhra unleashed schedule to come out. My dad and I plan on running most of the circuit in the 10.0 index class.
Justin
Justin,
I know that Gainesville had the best car count of any Unleashed race at over 300 cars.
The 8.50, 9.0 and 9.50 classes had 20 cars (each) or less, as I recall.
The 10.0 was heavy with over 60 cars...and all other index classes were relatively high.
The 10.0 class is very competitive. The top 10 qualifiers were all closer than 10.02. I think the top 2 were both 10.000 and even # 5 was 10.008 or so.
Bad dudes in there! affraid
I will look forward to seeing Y'all there!
Thanks,
Keith

I would love a challenge like that, plus I really don't want to go back to bracket racing. I love this pro tree. Not to brag but I ran a 10.001 and and 10.008, the rest were pedal fests at the big end.
Justin
jcoxracing
jcoxracing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down