BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

leaf spring sliders

2 posters

Go down

leaf spring sliders Empty leaf spring sliders

Post  mudtrucker December 13th 2010, 8:04 pm

When running leaf springs with ladder bars do you put the sliders in the front on the leaf spring or do you replace the shackle? It seems to me I have seen them in place of shackles and I do not see the benefit of them there because the pivot piont of the leaf spring would be the front "eye" and that is what needs to change due to the arc movement of the ladder bar.
mudtrucker
mudtrucker

Back to top Go down

leaf spring sliders Empty Re: leaf spring sliders

Post  DILLIGASDAVE December 14th 2010, 12:46 am

I don't know anything about mud racing.........

But generally speaking, in order for any design of leafspring "slider/floater" to really work correctly with ladder bars, the slider design must allow only the ladder bar it's self to "locate" the rear end housing's forward/aft placement. This means either the housing it's self must slide/float on the leafspring, or both ends of the leafspring must float/slide.

Of course an alternative would be to let the leafsprings locate the rear housing placement, & find a way to "float" the front ladder bar mount (such as shackles at the front of the ladder bars).
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down