BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tranny mount question

2 posters

Go down

Tranny mount question Empty Tranny mount question

Post  pipedobber Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 9:59

I broke the tranny mount in my mud truck yesterday. It was a new mount 6 runs ago, stock rubber mount. I was thinking last night, and thought I would ask, would a polyurethane mount hold up to the abuse better? I don't mind changing it out often, but if there is something that will hold up better, I'm all for it. Thanks, Chris

pipedobber
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Tranny mount question Empty Re: Tranny mount question

Post  richter69 Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 11:36

I'd figure out why it broke first. Putting a stronger mount in it may cure the problem for now, but it may find another area to break like a case with the stronger mount...............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  pipedobber Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 21:00

Jon, I understand what you're saying about finding what caused it to begin with. When I built it, I made a new tranny crossmember with a built in driveshaft loop. I wanted to use the original style mount, but I could not get the "biscuits" apart. Went to the napa store and all they showed is the style that has the two holes bolting to the adapter plate and two studs going down into the crossmember. I don't have any driveshaft bind or vibration, and I built the new crossmember at the same height and layed out the bolt pattern the same as the original as far as left to right. I'm wondering if the real bad jumps it made the last bog took its toll. I've checked everything I can think of and all else looks good. I'm going to call ford dealership in the morning and see if I can still get the "biscuit" style mounts from them. I would much rather go back to that style of mount anyway. Thanks, Chris

pipedobber
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down