BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And So It Begins........ The Rebirth of Trigger!

3 posters

Go down

And So It Begins........ The Rebirth of Trigger! Empty And So It Begins........ The Rebirth of Trigger!

Post  R_Williams December 25th 2010, 8:53 pm

So its time to start the rebirth of Trigger! I came across a deal I just couldnt refuse today............ Heres what I got:

a fully machined D1VE block bored 030 over (just needs cam bearings and freeze plugs)
a seperate complete D1VE 460 motor with D3 heads and everything I need to rape for the other other motor
a spare 3.85 crankshaft
a complete C6 trans
a complete 289 motor
a complete fordomatic trans

all for $500. Im probably gonna sell the 289 and fordomatic, D3 heads, maybe both 3.85 cranks and gain some money back.

The block is in great shape, no cracks, and the bore job that was done on it looks perfect. All I need to do is slap in a set of cam bearings and freeze plugs and its ready to go! The same goes for the other D1VE except it hasnt had any machine work done to it. I think Ill keep that one as a spare just in case. The connecting rods that came with the second motor arent stamped and both crankshafts need to be turned so Im just gonna go ahead and go with the 521 stroker and be done with it since I gotta buy new pistons for the SCJ heads anyway. Very Happy Gonna rebuild the C6 to go with it..........

I did a bunch of research on here about the 4.3 and 4.5 strokes and decided on the 4.3 stroke and to go with the 521 vs the 545. I think one will do just as good as the other.

Im mostly concerned with getting the bottom end assembled, then the top end, then rebuilding the C6, then getting the K Member, front suspension, and getting both in the car and working the bugs out........ This car will be a street strip, have fun car! Like Lem said itll be a street car driven on the track, not a race car driven on the street Cool The car will be a 91 LX Mustang Coupe.

Im still undecided on some things........... I know Im gonna use the FRPP SCJ heads. I know Im gonna run a hydraulic flat tappet just dont know if Im gonna buy a good off the shelf cam or have one ground for it. Im undecided about the Weiand Stealth or the RPM Air Gap. Im leaning towards the Stealth. Carbs up in the air too 850 or 950...... I guess Ill cross those bridges when I come to em! Wink

We'll probably be in the shop Monday sorting through this stuff and seperating the junk from what Im gonna clean up and reuse. If so Ill get some picks posted up!!! Other than that I guess its time to start ordering bottom end parts!
R_Williams
R_Williams

Back to top Go down

And So It Begins........ The Rebirth of Trigger! Empty Re: And So It Begins........ The Rebirth of Trigger!

Post  richter69 December 25th 2010, 9:21 pm

them 289's are gettin scarce................
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

And So It Begins........ The Rebirth of Trigger! Empty Re: And So It Begins........ The Rebirth of Trigger!

Post  R_Williams December 25th 2010, 9:22 pm

If my cousin doesnt want it for his sons 68 Mustang Ill have one for sale then Cool
R_Williams
R_Williams

Back to top Go down

And So It Begins........ The Rebirth of Trigger! Empty pics

Post  R_Williams December 30th 2010, 12:41 am

Well I was gonna add pics but cant figure out how to do it
R_Williams
R_Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 December 31st 2010, 9:06 pm

try this on how to post pics http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116025
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down