BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

!@^*&^%#! modern technology..........

+14
richter69
NOS42
70FB
bruno
maverick
Diggindeeper
Curt
curiousgeorge
res0rli9
schmitty
bosshoss
cool40
bb429power
DILLIGASDAVE
18 posters

Go down

!@^*&^%#! modern technology.......... Empty !@^*&^%#! modern technology..........

Post  DILLIGASDAVE January 18th 2011, 11:55 pm

So my ancient HP compoooter finally took a major siht & fried something (I actuall smelled something hot/burning when it happened). I guess something simple like a new hard drive or more memory ain't fixing it this time. Laughing

So I go and get a new comp........and so far I have learned I pretty much hate Windows 7 at this point. Always asking every time if I reeeeaaaaly want a program I clicked on to run......WELL DUH!, I'm the one who clicked on the damn thing, of course I want it to run! @$%$%#@@$%^^&()*&%#@!!! Mad Mad Mad

Half of my old saved programs won't run on this 64bit crap either, even with adjusting the compatibility settings. Older PhotoShop....no workie, old firewall program I actually liked........no workie, new firewall I downloaded........no workie. The big surprise was my ancient "back up" internet service program (old free Juno/netzero) installed & works like a charm on W7........go figure. Rolling Eyes

This new comp is faster, but I sure miss good old XP....... Sad Laughing
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

!@^*&^%#! modern technology.......... Empty Re: !@^*&^%#! modern technology..........

Post  bb429power January 19th 2011, 12:00 am

Mine took a duce too, and I know what you mean. It takes some getting used to but I never have it ask me if I want to open a program or not.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

!@^*&^%#! modern technology.......... Empty Re: !@^*&^%#! modern technology..........

Post  cool40 January 19th 2011, 12:42 am

lots of folks dont care for vista but i like mine.the older i get the less i know. Very Happy
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bosshoss January 19th 2011, 5:38 am

It seems like Microsoft has decided that we are all to stupid to own computers. Hence they have set the default protections on both vista and now Windows seven at totally stupid.

I am like you dave I want to have control over my computer. I want it to do as it is told and dont bother warning me every time I try to copy and paste a file or whatever.

I have one machine with Vista and a laptop with seven. I have managed to hack around and find settings that I changed to make most of that junk go away. It had to do with permissions and ownership of files etc. Found it in the control panel area. Still get the odd weird pop up from windows but much much better.

As far as the old programs not working that is just the nature of the beast I think. The old designed obsolescence routine. Keep smilin dood. Remember when we didnt have computers at all. Shocked Shocked Shocked

dkp
bosshoss
bosshoss
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty January 19th 2011, 9:05 am

I have W7 and really like it. I don't have it asking me anything out of the ordinary like that. You might ask if there is something that can be done about it. Cool The thing I like the most, is not having to double click things on the desktop, and the games are way better. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 January 19th 2011, 9:11 am

schmitty wrote:I have W7 and really like it. I don't have it asking me anything out of the ordinary like that. You might ask if there is something that can be done about it. Cool The thing I like the most, is not having to double click things on the desktop, and the games are way better. Very Happy

Go ahead Schmitty you can tell us that you only use the computer to play your game's Smile

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  curiousgeorge January 19th 2011, 9:40 am

I got the wife a Macbook Pro for mothers day last year, she just got a 27" Imac and we won't be switching back anytime soon. They are simple and fast.

curiousgeorge

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt January 19th 2011, 11:12 am

Dave, you can still run it 32bit. I am running it on mine with Windows Seven. It is a good operating system. Go to the start menu and go to all programs. There will be two icons for Internet Explorer. One of them will have 64bit in parentheses. Click on the one that doesn't. That will be the 32bit. Go from there, and prosper. scratch
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power January 19th 2011, 4:36 pm

schmitty wrote:...and the games are way better. Very Happy
You should install some drag racing games like what I have. Cool Ohhhhh yeahhhh! I'm a real badazz in the drag racing games since I actually know how to tune the cars unlike the other kids playing it. Got all different kinds of cars Twisted Evil Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty January 19th 2011, 5:34 pm

res0rli9 wrote:
schmitty wrote:I have W7 and really like it. I don't have it asking me anything out of the ordinary like that. You might ask if there is something that can be done about it. Cool The thing I like the most, is not having to double click things on the desktop, and the games are way better. Very Happy

Go ahead Schmitty you can tell us that you only use the computer to play your game's Smile

I do a lot of my truck book keeping on it, maps of fields that I have sprayed, and on a bad day look at Greg P.'s threads and find some gal sitting on a cactus. Laughing
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper January 19th 2011, 5:44 pm

curiousgeorge wrote:I got the wife a Macbook Pro for mothers day last year, she just got a 27" Imac and we won't be switching back anytime soon. They are simple and fast.
X2

I have an early G5 Imac (white not silver) which still kills any of the newest windows computers in speed when you have any amount of programs on it. I'll Never go back to windows. Mac OS is where its at.

Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick January 19th 2011, 5:54 pm

schmitty wrote:
res0rli9 wrote:

I do a lot of my truck book keeping on it, maps of fields that I have sprayed, and on a bad day look at Greg P.'s threads and find some gal sitting on a cactus. Laughing

Um-m-m....As I recall, she was sitting AROUND a cactus. cyclops
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power January 19th 2011, 6:01 pm

maverick wrote:
schmitty wrote:
res0rli9 wrote:

Um-m-m....As I recall, she was sitting AROUND a cactus. cyclops
And as I recall there was a "10,000 rpms, that's gotta hurt" comment along with it Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 4th 2013, 6:33 pm

compoooter...... Laughing Laughing Laughing cheers drunken

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB May 4th 2013, 6:43 pm

I have windows 7 and its not bad..Now windows 8 is a whole different story. My wife has it on her laptop and I won't touch it. It is way different.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  NOS42 May 4th 2013, 7:53 pm

Holy old posts...lol.....have friends with 8.....lets just say don't talk to them..lol
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 4th 2013, 9:32 pm

I still have windows xp, an iPhone 3g, and a 99 7.3...........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  John Myrick May 4th 2013, 9:52 pm

Get a Mac and stop being behind the times
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 4th 2013, 11:17 pm

I like 7,but I have w8 on this lap top,and its a real bitch. I wish Billy boy had it up his rich ass. Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger May 4th 2013, 11:56 pm

I have a custom computer I built about four years ago with W7 and I love it, of course I did custom install on the OS so I shut off all that shit.

Next build will have W7 as well. You can usually download newer version of programs that are 7 compatible for free if you paid for the older version.

I honestly miss 2000 was by the most efficient OS.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  LETHAL_DOSE May 6th 2013, 11:10 am

My work computer has windows 7. It is not bad when you get used to it. Some of them have a Windows XP downgrade option where you can go back to Windows XP. I don't know if all Windows 7 programs have this option, but mine does. If you really want to go back it may be possible.
LETHAL_DOSE
LETHAL_DOSE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down