BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rocker arm questions with solid lifters

4 posters

Go down

rocker arm questions with solid lifters Empty rocker arm questions with solid lifters

Post  tiger January 24th 2011, 12:51 pm

I have a solid flat tappet cam with 1.73 aluminum rockers. When I set the lash on the rockers and then tighten the center screw in the nut down some rockers will give me more clearance and some stay the same. Is this normal or do I need new locks or rockers?

tiger

Back to top Go down

rocker arm questions with solid lifters Empty Re: rocker arm questions with solid lifters

Post  dfree383 January 24th 2011, 1:09 pm

Got to learn how to set them.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

rocker arm questions with solid lifters Empty Re: rocker arm questions with solid lifters

Post  bbf-falcon January 24th 2011, 1:18 pm

That is normal,what I always do is after the set screw is tight,just snug the adjuster one last time.That makes sure everything is tight. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

rocker arm questions with solid lifters Empty Re: adjusting rocker clearance

Post  hpwdboss1 January 24th 2011, 4:54 pm

If you pay close attention you will find that tightening the lock screw will change the setting on all of them. Play with the set up and you will get a feel for how much, then you can set them, lock them, and then re-check. They will be fairly consistant in how much they change. I usually have the allen wrech and box end both on the stud at the same time and tighten them together to get a solid lock down. Never assume that the change is constant, but with practice, you will get the "feel" and it will get easier. Heck, if it was easy, Chebby guys could do it. Laughing
Perry
hpwdboss1
hpwdboss1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down