BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

noob to the site!

+7
bb429power
Curt
richter69
valleydawg
bbf-falcon
bruno
black_5.0
11 posters

Go down

noob to the site! Empty noob to the site!

Post  black_5.0 January 25th 2011, 3:16 am

whats up everybody! names chris, im 24 years old, enlisted in the marine corps and currently stationed at camp pendleton ca. im orginally from a small town in south ga called fitzgerald.

my vehicles:
93 notchback mustang: 351w bored and stroked to 408ci with 76mm turbonetics turbo. (558hp 636tq at 9psi on 91 pump gas)

91 hatch gt mustang: 306ci with trick flow heads and intake with anderson ford n-41 cam (my daily driver)

2005 f-250 6.0: stage 2 turbo with bigger injectors and other go fast parts.

just built the 408 in the 93 mustang and been taking it to the local drag strip and loving it. im still learning everything as far as motors go and i have a good friend that helped me build it and that im learning from. we had a guy down from his house that has had a big block foxbody mustang sitting in his yard under a cover for like 4 years that we have been trying to get him to take it to the track with us. well we finally went and check it out and come to find out he was having problems with the ignition switch and we offered to fix it for him. so we took it back down the street to my friends house and fixed it. we fired it up and man, im hooked on big blocks forever! i dont know much about the motor but i know it has had me wanting it ever since we took it down the road for a ride Very Happy

so thats how i was introduced to big blocks and now im on the hunt for a block and all the info i can get to start building one in the near future. im looking to build a straight drag car to do nothing but drag race with. im wanting around a 750hp n/a high compression motor. ive read that stock 2 bolt main blocks will be capable of that kind of power, please correct me if ive read wrong, and is there any specific block i should be looking for as far as a certain year or anything? also while searching for a block i came across some Edelbrock 60679 heads for really cheap and where wondering if they would be good enough to support the hp numbers i want, any info would be greatly appreciated!

thanks guys and im looking forward to being a part of the Big Block Boys! cheers
black_5.0
black_5.0

Back to top Go down

noob to the site! Empty Re: noob to the site!

Post  bruno January 25th 2011, 5:52 am

very cool story , welcome to the site and thank you for all you do for the country ....oh and by the way my edelbrock deal dynoed at 847 ....

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  black_5.0 January 25th 2011, 1:14 pm

bruno wrote:very cool story , welcome to the site and thank you for all you do for the country ....oh and by the way my edelbrock deal dynoed at 847 ....

thank you bruno.

wow 847! thats some great numbers! was that with the Edelbrock 60679 heads? whats the compression ratio on your motor?
black_5.0
black_5.0

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 25th 2011, 9:30 pm

Welcome to the board and Thx for your service Wink

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  valleydawg January 26th 2011, 10:10 am

Nice ride. Welcome!
valleydawg
valleydawg

Back to top Go down

Post  black_5.0 January 26th 2011, 3:20 pm

thanks for the welcome guys Very Happy
black_5.0
black_5.0

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 26th 2011, 7:41 pm

black_5.0 wrote:
bruno wrote:very cool story , welcome to the site and thank you for all you do for the country ....oh and by the way my edelbrock deal dynoed at 847 ....

thank you bruno.

wow 847! thats some great numbers! was that with the Edelbrock 60679 heads? whats the compression ratio on your motor?

his heads aint no out of the box deal lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt January 26th 2011, 8:11 pm

Thank you for your service and welcome!

noob to the site! Smileysalute
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power January 26th 2011, 8:25 pm

First, thank you for protecting this country scratch (supposed to be saluting lol) and welcome. Very Happy
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  black_5.0 January 27th 2011, 4:41 am

richter69 wrote:
black_5.0 wrote:

thank you bruno.

i didnt think so with numbers like that lol!
black_5.0
black_5.0

Back to top Go down

Post  black_5.0 January 27th 2011, 4:43 am

bb429power wrote:First, thank you for protecting this country scratch (supposed to be saluting lol) and welcome. Very Happy

Laughing thats an awesome salute, thanks dude!
black_5.0
black_5.0

Back to top Go down

Post  605FOX January 27th 2011, 8:10 am

richter69 wrote:
black_5.0 wrote:

thank you bruno.

or a happy dyno Razz

605FOX
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 27th 2011, 10:39 am

605FOX wrote:
richter69 wrote:
black_5.0 wrote:

thank you bruno.

or a happy dyno Razz

I've been on the same dyno, its a pretty damn fair one, and fair to say its not happy.

OP the Edelbrock heads are as good as stock CJ castings but for the same $$ their is alot better stuff avalaible, like the SCJ's and P-51 they are more capible.

You goal of 750 is very obtainable with most any aftermarket aluminum heads, with a couple of chinese exceptions..... Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 27th 2011, 1:23 pm

605FOX wrote:
richter69 wrote:
black_5.0 wrote:

thank you bruno.

or a happy dyno Razz

Mike Phillip's DTS dyno, (Automotive Machine and Performance), is certainly NOT generous; not stingy either ... just about right.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jones January 27th 2011, 1:31 pm

Welcome!

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 27th 2011, 2:15 pm

605FOX wrote:
richter69 wrote:
black_5.0 wrote:

thank you bruno.

or a happy dyno Razz

I'm pretty sure that dyno is not happy.............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  black_5.0 January 27th 2011, 2:37 pm

dfree383 wrote:
605FOX wrote:
richter69 wrote:
black_5.0 wrote:

thank you bruno.

or a happy dyno Razz

I've been on the same dyno, its a pretty damn fair one, and fair to say its not happy.

OP the Edelbrock heads are as good as stock CJ castings but for the same $$ their is alot better stuff avalaible, like the SCJ's and P-51 they are more capible.

You goal of 750 is very obtainable with most any aftermarket aluminum heads, with a couple of chinese exceptions..... Laughing

thanks for the info man. so is there any certain block i should be looking for or will any two bolt main block be good enough?
black_5.0
black_5.0

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 27th 2011, 2:40 pm

Nothing special to look for, pretty much any block will do what your asking.

Common Casting Numbers a D1VE and D9TE they work fine.

Spend the money on high quality machine work and good parts to go in the block. Plus a good safe tune is the key to making it live.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  black_5.0 January 27th 2011, 2:44 pm

dfree383 wrote:Nothing special to look for, pretty much any block will do what your asking.

Common Casting Numbers a D1VE and D9TE they work fine.

Spend the money on high quality machine work and good parts to go in the block. Plus a good safe tune is the key to making it live.

thanks, what would you say are the max hp numbers for those blocks?
black_5.0
black_5.0

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 27th 2011, 4:11 pm

With a fill and good tune 750-800ish reliably, they have been pust alot farther with good results, but they do occasionaly break. If your building a big HP engine or are going to look for more later a Ford Racing A460 or and Eliminator block would be a wise investment.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  black_5.0 January 27th 2011, 4:32 pm

dfree383 wrote:With a fill and good tune 750-800ish reliably, they have been pust alot farther with good results, but they do occasionaly break. If your building a big HP engine or are going to look for more later a Ford Racing A460 or and Eliminator block would be a wise investment.

thanks again Very Happy
black_5.0
black_5.0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum