BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

head question

3 posters

Go down

head question Empty head question

Post  waypastcrazy September 1st 2009, 10:22 pm

I know procomps don't make for lots of power on na motor but would a properly setup set make power under boost. Beings that they have large combustion chambers to lower compression? Plus aluminum would cut down on detonation vs a d3 just a thought thx
waypastcrazy
waypastcrazy

Back to top Go down

head question Empty Re: head question

Post  schmitty September 1st 2009, 11:00 pm

This may be a place for these heads actually. The exhaust port design and flow capabilities would lend it to a turbo situation if a guy wasn't looking for the "best". Vandy made well over 1000 HP with a blower and iron heads back in the day, so making some good power with the P/C's by adding boost would be very possible. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans September 2nd 2009, 12:15 am

If you haven't already bought them, then I don't understand why you would want to waste your money and buy a set. All the other aftermarket BBFord heads are better period...

It sounds like you are trying to find a place to use them, when you mentioned using them under boost. IMO if you are going to supercharge or turbocharge a BB Ford engine, then let's think about using an 18 bolt head, it makes for a better head gasket. Furthermore, if you are going to supercharge or turbocharge the engine, then let's give it the best exhaust port we can, and than would mean several other heads such as the B.T. raised port Chevy exhaust, or better yet the A-460 or C-460 heads. My point being that if you are going to use a head under boost, then again there are a bunch more out there that I would rather have over the Pro Comp heads.

Hope this helps,

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  waypastcrazy September 2nd 2009, 3:50 am

Good response. No I don't want to find a use for them.just a thought while I was looking at the options of open chamber heads for a street turbo. Sure wish the tfs street was in a 95 cc chamber
waypastcrazy
waypastcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down