BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's a tube chassis roller worth?

+3
DILLIGASDAVE
Northwest outlaw
Fast Fox
7 posters

Go down

What's a tube chassis roller worth? Empty What's a tube chassis roller worth?

Post  Fast Fox September 2nd 2009, 11:06 pm

I am considering trading my fox turnkey for a fox tube roller. My question is what do I need to know about this car and what's it worth always wanted a light weight tube car but don't know much about them. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks. Here's a pic! What's a tube chassis roller worth? Tube2c
Fast Fox
Fast Fox

Back to top Go down

What's a tube chassis roller worth? Empty Re: What's a tube chassis roller worth?

Post  Northwest outlaw September 3rd 2009, 12:49 am

ask what tube was used c/m- m/s dom or hrew.
was it tig or migged welded.
is it certed. and to what et. and when is the cert out.
what chassis cert is it.
what front struts does it have.
4 link ladder bar.
does it have a arb, coil over,single or double.
what motor and trans is it set up for. here is a starter list to go over
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

What's a tube chassis roller worth? Empty Re: What's a tube chassis roller worth?

Post  DILLIGASDAVE September 3rd 2009, 5:39 am

After everything is taken into account (what's included & what it's made out of) a race car's value is still whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Every deal is different. A killer sounding deal that a guy just cant seem to ever sell should sound the alarms that something is wrong. And on a way over priced deal that has excellent parts/equipment you can suddenly find yourself saying it's priced with in reason if you just cant live without it.

The truth is (aside from any major visible flaws) no matter what the price, or how good it might "look" you won't know if the car is a diamond or a turd until it hits the track.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 3rd 2009, 9:04 am

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:After everything is taken into account (what's included & what it's made out of) a race car's value is still whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Every deal is different. A killer sounding deal that a guy just cant seem to ever sell should sound the alarms that something is wrong. And on a way over priced deal that has excellent parts/equipment you can suddenly find yourself saying it's priced with in reason if you just cant live without it.

The truth is (aside from any major visible flaws) no matter what the price, or how good it might "look" you won't know if the car is a diamond or a turd until it hits the track.

x2 the car could look perfect , but the guy could be getting rid of it due to chassis problems ....... do a lot of research on the car , were is it from ?, any video of the car making passes ? etc .... good luck with your purchase

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Fast Fox September 3rd 2009, 10:47 am

Just started talks so don't know much yet. I do know its a 90's body tube chassis, its a texas car, was certified to 7.5 but cert has expired, comes with all electronics headers, cromoly driveshaft 9" rear with pro gears, new chute, new bars, tires and wheels supposed to be new, radiator fan all there, pg transmission with 8" converter, way he talks only carb to pan engine was removed rest is included including bg fuel system. Don't know much about chassis itself yet though. Said it had a tall deck bbf in it which is good cause it would get a bbf powerplant from me Twisted Evil What's a tube chassis roller worth? Tube1
Fast Fox
Fast Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Northwest outlaw September 3rd 2009, 11:32 am

It looks to be a 2x3 tube chassis and m/s if i had to give a price i would do maybe $3000.00 not seeing the car in person and the cert being out.
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Fast Fox September 3rd 2009, 1:27 pm

So the 15,000 for the roller as I stated above is quite a bit overpriced in your opinion as I take it. Like said I had no idea if this thing was worth 500 or 50000 never built one, never had one built, or even knew someone that did. But if this thing ain't going to be worth 15k with a turnkey bbf I might as just keep mine. Mine isn't no fancy car but it is nice and does work Very Happy
Fast Fox
Fast Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Northwest outlaw September 3rd 2009, 1:37 pm

It is hard to put a price on with out seeing it in person i look at if i had to strip it down and sell parts off it if the chassis is not up to cert or the chassis is twisted ect...
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post  85montess September 3rd 2009, 2:49 pm

I think that saying that the car is only worth 3000.00 is extremely harsh even if the chassis needs work. The prices have come down on buying tube cars, but the price has also come down on you being able to sell your car. If the tires are almost new like stated, there is over 1000.00 in tires and wheels. The Ford 9" with pro gears would probably cost over 1500.00 depending on what axles, center section, and spool. I can see struts on the front and looks like Strange slotted rotors, which are not cheap. The powerglide transmission with a 8" converter should be worth over 1000.00 (if it has 1.80 straight cuts then the price goes up even more). That is well over 3000.00 and doesn't even get into the cost of the fiberglass (doors, front end, rear hatch, hood and scoop), fuel system, cooling system, electronics, shifter, battery and other extras.

You need to get a complete run down of all of the parts that are in the car and maybe see if the guy will have the car recertified (or you pay for the certification and the deal is off if it will not pass to at least 8.50. At least you would know what it would need to pass down to 7.50) to verify that it is the correct wall thickness and tubing diameters. Like stated earlier, make sure of the parts that are in the car as in axles, center section, brakes, struts, rear shocks, transmission planetaries, converter brand, and other items.

I know that when I built my tube chassis (mild steel) it cost over 13,000 and that was 13 years ago and I did all of the work and it didn't count the transmission, shifter, and electronics (I took these items from my other car).
85montess
85montess

Back to top Go down

Post  Fast Fox September 3rd 2009, 3:24 pm

Thanks guys for the help i do appreciate it! I have a bill mitchell dominator on my teal fox that wouldn't happen to be a product of yours would it?
Fast Fox
Fast Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Northwest outlaw September 3rd 2009, 3:47 pm

Like i said not seeing it in person it is hard to put a price on it but i guess you over looked that part. You are ture on the parts can add up but are they good? The price you pay new is not what you are going to get back out of it. Not trying to start a fight just giving the guys some thing to think about and to look at.
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Injected65 September 3rd 2009, 5:15 pm

It's also going to depend on how fast you want to go in the car. Being mild steel you won't be able to cert it for anything faster than 7.50. As it, it "should" be able to re-cert for a sportsman 8.50 tag. Looking at the pictures though it will for sure need some chassis work to be updated to the 25.4 7.50 cert. I would make sure to get a ton of pictures or preferably look at the car in person. If possible, pay to have your (or a) chassis guy go with you to view the car and get an idea what (if any) work will be needed and to give you an idea of the costs of upgrades/fixes. Search through Racing Junk to get an idea what other similar cars are priced at. My guess is for that type of money you can find a car with a better chassis unless the chassis limitations are not a problem. In that case, it is a good looking car, but a bit too overpriced IMO.

Chris
Injected65
Injected65

http://www.innovatorswest.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fast Fox September 3rd 2009, 5:57 pm

the car is in texas as stated about 10 hours from me so a trip just to look is more than I wanna do if interested and think its worth the price I won't mind doing it though. I am supposed to get detailed specs and pictures tonight if you guys don't mind I will post them up here and maybe you guys could keep throwing in your opinions. I've looked on racing junk similar vehicles are going 10-17 grand depending on body style and level of build you could say. Not many mustangs in that range though and I am only interested in ford vehicles so that's why this one stands out to me but not interested in getting ripped off Evil or Very Mad
Fast Fox
Fast Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle September 3rd 2009, 10:48 pm

Where is that for sale at? I've seen it somewhere. Like Dave said, it's worth what you're willing to pay for it. I paid $4200 for mine and it was only backhalved with wheels and tires, that was almost 4 years ago too. Just add up what it would cost to build it and go from there. I'm willing to bet without engine/trans it'd cost you an easy 20K to replicate it UNLESS you are like Dave or Jason and can do it all yourself.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Fast Fox September 3rd 2009, 10:55 pm

silsbee,tx..near beaumont tx is what I'm told its located did not here from fella tonight like I was supposed to he's kinda hard to get a hold of.
Fast Fox
Fast Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down