BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headed to beech bend Saturday for some TNT......

+2
c.evans
Race Ready Fabrications
6 posters

Go down

Headed to beech bend Saturday for some TNT...... Empty Headed to beech bend Saturday for some TNT......

Post  Race Ready Fabrications March 9th 2011, 12:16 pm

.....who else is gonna be there? Both my dad and I made some pretty significant changes to our rides over the winter. And we just can't bring ourselves to wait until April when our local track opens up...so off to bowling green we head Saturday. We will be easy to find just look for the pink and white 56 fairlane Very Happy
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Headed to beech bend Saturday for some TNT...... Empty Re: Headed to beech bend Saturday for some TNT......

Post  c.evans March 12th 2011, 3:01 pm

I hope you all have a good test session. I'm looking forward to some good results!

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Headed to beech bend Saturday for some TNT...... Empty Re: Headed to beech bend Saturday for some TNT......

Post  665 falcon March 12th 2011, 8:02 pm

Good luck Race Ready, March you good ole boy's got it good.. Smile ..
665 falcon
665 falcon
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications March 12th 2011, 11:43 pm

Well the day was not the greatest. I can tell you though that this thing is making a ton of power. Which led to some traction issues. Smile My electric shifter went to high gear immediately the first two passes. Had carb problems, got that remedied enough to run. Best pass was a 6.21 @ 112mph with only a 1.43 60ft. On that pass I shifted by hand and the friggin tach quit workin so I short shifted. After the last pass I had a funny noise comin from the front timing cover area, so we shut it down for the day. Got her home and tore down. Cam bolt came loose and broke the cam pin, luckily I had a key way put it and that saved the day. Evil or Very Mad So now I've got a helluva list of things to fix, cam, carb, shifter, converters too tight and need to take some gear out of the rear. Better get busy.... Sad
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 13th 2011, 12:23 am

damn,your taken it well. Laughing i'd be too pissed to post that kinda day. you can drill the cam pin,they're soft.dont ask me how i know. Sad
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy March 13th 2011, 12:25 am

Race Ready Fabrications wrote:Well the day was not the greatest. I can tell you though that this thing is making a ton of power. Which led to some traction issues. Smile My electric shifter went to high gear immediately the first two passes. Had carb problems, got that remedied enough to run. Best pass was a 6.21 @ 112mph with only a 1.43 60ft. On that pass I shifted by hand and the friggin tach quit workin so I short shifted. After the last pass I had a funny noise comin from the front timing cover area, so we shut it down for the day. Got her home and tore down. Cam bolt came loose and broke the cam pin, luckily I had a key way put it and that saved the day. Evil or Very Mad So now I've got a helluva list of things to fix, cam, carb, shifter, converters too tight and need to take some gear out of the rear. Better get busy.... Sad

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.
Just curious...when your trans went into high immediately, how much e.t. did you lose ?....60 ft. loss ?
I've always wondered what a strong engine would do right off the line if it went into high right away.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications March 13th 2011, 12:50 am

83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:
Race Ready Fabrications wrote:Well the day was not the greatest. I can tell you though that this thing is making a ton of power. Which led to some traction issues. Smile My electric shifter went to high gear immediately the first two passes. Had carb problems, got that remedied enough to run. Best pass was a 6.21 @ 112mph with only a 1.43 60ft. On that pass I shifted by hand and the friggin tach quit workin so I short shifted. After the last pass I had a funny noise comin from the front timing cover area, so we shut it down for the day. Got her home and tore down. Cam bolt came loose and broke the cam pin, luckily I had a key way put it and that saved the day. Evil or Very Mad So now I've got a helluva list of things to fix, cam, carb, shifter, converters too tight and need to take some gear out of the rear. Better get busy.... Sad

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.
Just curious...when your trans went into high immediately, how much e.t. did you lose ?....60 ft. loss ?
I've always wondered what a strong engine would do right off the line if it went into high right away.

With the old heads and cam the best it ever ran was a 6.20 with a 1.32 60 foot. I'd say there's a lot more left in her
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications March 13th 2011, 12:53 am

cool40 wrote:damn,your taken it well. Laughing i'd be too pissed to post that kinda day. you can drill the cam pin,they're soft.dont ask me how i know. Sad

Trust me I'm pissed....I didn't say two words the entire 2 hour drive home. Had it pulled apart and problem found within 15 minutes of getting home and off the trailer. Evil or Very Mad
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 13th 2011, 1:27 am

your sure to see some 6.0's if you just get back to a 1.32 60'. put a HeRo tune on it and some 5.??'s maybe. Very Happy
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird March 13th 2011, 8:13 am

Brian ,the 112 MPH is gonna be worth a 6.0's run with traction. Good luck ,if you need anything you guys don't ,give me a shout.Tell the Ole Chickenfarmer and Big Bob I said howdy! Dan-O king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down