BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Columbus NMRA and Damon

+13
devildog
ThndrChkn
the Coug
Mark Miller
Old blue Racin Team
Nevs
bbf-falcon
stangr8cr
res0rli9
Lem Evans
jbozzelle
schmitty
IDT-572
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Columbus NMRA and Damon - Page 2 Empty Re: Columbus NMRA and Damon

Post  bbf-falcon September 6th 2009, 7:24 pm

Not even in the same league. I told someone yesterday it would be a great place to start a Drag strip Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Varney September 7th 2009, 1:00 pm

Hey Damon,didnt know you had converter problems, dont know what trans. you run but I had a spare P.G. and converter in the trailer. Good to see my old ride back in town, hope everyone had a good trip home
Gary

Gary Varney

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 7th 2009, 3:34 pm

Gary Varney wrote:Hey Damon,didnt know you had converter problems, dont know what trans. you run but I had a spare P.G. and converter in the trailer. Good to see my old ride back in town, hope everyone had a good trip home
Gary
Hey Gary, Glad to have you here,Ive raced w/you for years but haven't had the priviledge of chatting w/you. Welcome BBF brother. Here's a pic of my old Maverick

Columbus NMRA and Damon - Page 2 IMG_6443

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonewolf1970 September 7th 2009, 8:10 pm

Gary Varney wrote:Hey Damon,didnt know you had converter problems, dont know what trans. you run but I had a spare P.G. and converter in the trailer. Good to see my old ride back in town, hope everyone had a good trip home
Gary
Hey Gary good to see you.I like the pictures of the car when you had it.We didn't get a change too see the video of you in Norwalk.Hope to see you in Bowling Green in three weeks and maybe we can see the video then.I was told when you ran in the finals at the finish line it was rainy.How did you do on Sunday?My last run I couldn't find the brakes and broke out by .03 that sucks! I nailed him on the tree my .023 too his .034 I had a finder on him.I ran a 10.095 on a 10.13 dial in.Damon told me that morning before 1st round that there was a good change that I would breakout so watch out and sure enough I did.I ran a 10.042 at 131.65 on a10.13 and the other guy ran a 12.623 on a 12.73.The next round I had a great light .001 and ran a 10.104 at 129.11 and broke out again by .03 but I pushed out the other guy by .10.The car just kept picking up all day in the heat.The only thing me and Damon could think of is that the motor finally got broken in and it was making more power an we though.Which isn't a bad think at all. Very Happy
Lonewolf1970
Lonewolf1970

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller September 8th 2009, 12:31 am

Hey Chuck ".001" Hager nice job getting down to the final 8 cars in Open Comp.It was nice to finally meet You,Damon and your Parents thanks for the hospitallity this weekend.Also thanks to You and Damon for letting me sleep in the trailer Saturday night.What time did you guys get home,Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Varney September 8th 2009, 6:48 am

[quote="bbf-falcon"]
Gary
Hey Gary, Glad to have you here,Ive raced w/you for years but haven't had the priviledge of chatting w/you. Welcome BBF brother. Here's a pic of my old Maverick

Hey, thanks for the welcome, I think I remember your Maverick. I think I remember your Falcon at Norwalk also, nice car. Didnt get alot of time to look around that weekend, was lucky enough to get to the final round Sat. night and they were pushing us pretty hard. Chuck, your car sure brings back some great memories, I really enjoy watching it run, I had a blast for over 10 years in that thing, it was a street car when I bought it. We ended up having a good weekend in Columbus this past weekend, got down to 6 cars on Sat. and ended up winning on Sunday, Had to run Susan Roush Mc Clenanghan in the final, was lucky enough to get it done, she is a tough one. Hope to see you all in Bowling Green
Gary

Gary Varney

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 8th 2009, 10:07 am

Congrats Gary on the weekends accomplishments, your known as a tough racer in and around Ohio.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 8th 2009, 11:51 am

A BIG thanks to Rick Brown and his friend John for bringing me two different converters to try. It was a shot in the dark and I thought I may get lucky and one would have the correct clearance to the flexplate. Unfortunately neither would work. See when I was setting up my deal with the transmission I got from Chris, I tried Bill’s converter and Chuck’s converter however both were too close to the flywheel. So when I had my converter built, it was for my application with the correct clearances etc…….

Anyway, at least we tried. I’m shipping the converter out tomorrow and should get it back shortly. I will be ready for BG ;-)

I briefly read through some of the posts about our BBF Brotherhood and this is another fine example. On a whim, I called Rick to see if he had a PG converter with a turbo input shaft lying around and sure enough he did. When he said “I have to be at work tonight at 10PM but I can be there in 1.5 hours” I told him that I didn’t want to put him out considering it was now 6:30 PM but Rick wouldn’t hear any of that. We proceeded to pull out the trans and about 1.5 hours later I get a call from Rick and he’s at the front gate. We had JUST dropped the trans down onto the jack. Talk about timing………

That is what BBF Brotherhood is all about. Bruce Parker loaned me an adapter to fit the PG converter and a BBF Crank (Mine is already setup so I don’t need an adapter thingy). Another BBF Brother lending a hand.

Thanks to all the guys who helped… You are the BEST!!!

I need to get my time slips and I’ll give you guys more details about the weekend. Just wanted to add, we recruited a few more BBF Guys that had now idea there was a BBF Forum
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 8th 2009, 11:53 am

Gary

Gary,

Good to meet you, yes I'm running a PG with trubo input shaft. You need to pit with us next time cheers

See you in BG afro
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 10th 2009, 3:08 pm

devildog wrote:Better luck next time guys.....wish he could have got it back together....D

Wasup Darren, long time not talk........ How's your Mustang project progressing? You use my converter yet?
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  devildog September 11th 2009, 11:44 am

Hey Damon......trying to catch up on ya'll over here......haven't been on much (prolly a good thing)....been really busy....do not have the engine in yet...still have alot of work to do on the car....just been working away at it. Sending the bearings off to Calico, then should have everything for the short block.....You having fun over there breaking things?.......D

devildog

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 11th 2009, 11:57 am

Always fun breaking stuff Twisted Evil
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 11th 2009, 12:23 pm

Talked to Tim at PTC. My converter is spragless already and it looks new........ Time to look elsewhere. Suspect it's in the ignition timing No
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore September 11th 2009, 12:27 pm

Let the games begin. Thats a pain in the a$$ when you have to start fishing.

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2