BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SBF E85 Plugs...?

5 posters

Go down

SBF E85 Plugs...? Empty SBF E85 Plugs...?

Post  Maxx Levell April 19th 2011, 2:17 pm

I have a 347 small block Ford engine with AFR 185 heads, approximately 10-10.5 compression, and I'm now running E85. Does anyone have a good spark plug reference to try? I have Autolite 3924R's, which are what AFR recommends out of the box, in right now. I'm just thinking that another plug may be better for the E85...anyone using something different with acceptable results? The 3924's ran ok...just wondering if I'm leaving anything on the table with the current plugs. I'm completely new to E85, and am not even sure of a close range to try.

Thanks for any help...

Maxx Levell
Maxx Levell

Back to top Go down

SBF E85 Plugs...? Empty Re: SBF E85 Plugs...?

Post  bruno April 21st 2011, 9:06 am

ngk-8 with a .030 gap ....... any power adders .... i would start looking into the -9 or -10

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 21st 2011, 9:15 am

I run the same plug with alky as I did with gas, I dont see the fuel making it that big of a deal.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper April 21st 2011, 9:38 am

just stick with what you have. we have run both the autolites and ngk's with success. the autolites were easier to read for us when we were on nitrous but to each there own. we run the ngk's now with boost. I ran the same autolite plugs for two years when I ran the Maverick with victor jr heads. and all those combos were ran on all sorts of different fuels

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxx Levell April 21st 2011, 10:02 am

whatbumper wrote:just stick with what you have. we have run both the autolites and ngk's with success. the autolites were easier to read for us when we were on nitrous but to each there own. we run the ngk's now with boost. I ran the same autolite plugs for two years when I ran the Maverick with victor jr heads. and all those combos were ran on all sorts of different fuels

This sounds like a plan. I just wasn't sure if I was leaving any performance on the table with the plugs I'm using.

Thanks for the help guys...I appreciate it.
Maxx Levell
Maxx Levell

Back to top Go down

Post  BIGDOG466 April 21st 2011, 4:58 pm

You will be fine with current plugs about .03 gap make sure rotor is phased correctly,
carb jetting is the biggest thing Very Happy
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxx Levell April 22nd 2011, 8:44 am

BIGDOG466 wrote:You will be fine with current plugs about .03 gap make sure rotor is phased correctly,
carb jetting is the biggest thing Very Happy

Thanks...I had them gapped at .040 on the few passes I made at the end of last year, and it ran fine. I will tighten up the gap though and see what difference it makes. When I converted last year, I called QFT and told them my combination, and they told me what they recommended...so I had them send it. I never got a chance to mess with jetting or anything...but the car ran pretty well with it right out of the box...Right up to the point that I trashed the converter Shocked

New FTI converter is sitting in my office, awaiting installation...so that should help. Once I get everything running again, I'll start tuning some and see what it likes.

Thanks for the replies...I appreciate the help!
Maxx Levell
Maxx Levell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down