BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night

+4
Lem Evans
342g
c.evans
KY JELLY
8 posters

Go down

Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night Empty Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night

Post  KY JELLY April 24th 2011, 4:15 pm

These pic were taken at Jackson dragway by Tyler Crossnoe. Duck Dyson came out on top , it was a very emotional win for him and his family because it was a memorial race in honor of his late son Jake Dyson.

There are a few new fellow kentuckians running with the dds this year Pat Freels from island ky in the blown gto who won the "best burnout" award not stoping on the burnout until he crossed the finish line cheers and Randall Boles in the blown 57 Chevy. it was a good night of racing and a packed house at Jackson.

Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night IMG_2803

Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night IMG_2712

Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night IMG_2719

Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night IMG_2725

Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night IMG_2724

Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night IMG_2720
Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night IMG_2714
Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night IMG_2715
Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night IMG_2708
Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night IMG_2703
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night Empty Re: Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night

Post  c.evans April 24th 2011, 4:20 pm

How did that blue and silver Mustang run?

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night Empty Re: Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night

Post  342g April 24th 2011, 4:25 pm

Was you the only american made car in the show?, the rest seem to be brand x poop.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY April 24th 2011, 5:08 pm

5.19 best it does not like the 4:30 gears at all , its running about the same as did last time they were in.

It will mph 138 same as the 4:86 gears and turn the exact finish line rpm , but the 60 is down 5-6 hundreths. The 2 qualifying passes I made were dead on to the thousandth except the 60 foot times varied 1 thousandth , it is a bracket racing machine Smile

Ole Pat put the spakin on me , but he pushed the intake gaskets out doing it said it was probably from the big burn out. I got a pretty good jump on him but he caught me right at the finish line and womped me a time or too. Mad Smile

Yes Harold I am the only ford currently . I am going back to the 4:86 gears and if my nitro recipe don't work out I guess I am gonna have to drag these c heads out of the closet and put the azz whoop on them huffer and sissy bottle chitolets.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans April 24th 2011, 5:30 pm

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 24th 2011, 5:41 pm

The taller gear works the converter harder and hurts the 60'................my 4.30's are out and 4.57 in...........will see in a few weeks. Cool
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs April 24th 2011, 5:45 pm

KY JELLY wrote:5.19 best it does not like the 4:30 gears at all , its running about the same as did last time they were in.

It will mph 138 same as the 4:86 gears and turn the exact finish line rpm , but the 60 is down 5-6 hundreths. The 2 qualifying passes I made were dead on to the thousandth except the 60 foot times varied 1 thousandth , it is a bracket racing machine Smile

Ole Pat put the spakin on me , but he pushed the intake gaskets out doing it said it was probably from the big burn out. I got a pretty good jump on him but he caught me right at the finish line and womped me a time or too. Mad Smile

Yes Harold I am the only ford currently . I am going back to the 4:86 gears and if my nitro recipe don't work out I guess I am gonna have to drag these c heads out of the closet and put the azz whoop on them huffer and sissy bottle chitolets.

My red '93 didn't like the 4.30's either, but it sure did like the 4.57's!
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans April 24th 2011, 7:12 pm

Guess what Question I agree with Lem, Nevs, and The Fabulous One. Razz The 4.30's are a 1/4 mile gear, the 4.86's are an 1/8 mile gear, and the 4.57's would be your best compromise gear. Put a set of them in there.

Anytime you want to go with the C-460 headed engine, let's go. Bobby Small ran 4.80's with them in his Mustang. Very Happy

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jcoxracing April 25th 2011, 12:06 am

Don't forget.
Picks from the dixie doorslammer race last night 11111
jcoxracing
jcoxracing

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY April 25th 2011, 10:15 am

I just don't think that a 4:56 gear would make that much difference. I don't think its out of power at the 1/8 with 4:86 because it will hit 6.60 numbers at the 1000 ' mark. You guys got to remember I am running 105 1/2" circ tires not 102 .
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony M April 25th 2011, 8:57 pm

Nice photos. Thanks for posting. Cool
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down