BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First race of the year

4 posters

Go down

First race of the year Empty First race of the year

Post  514Fox87 May 1st 2011, 8:19 pm

Went to my first race of the year this year. Got the hood problem fixed! Car ran really well but still having trouble getting hold of the track. !.36 60' and still spun. Ended up losing third round but with a spinning 1.42 60' what do you do? Tried air pressure changes, shock adjustments, loosened and tightened, didn't make much difference. Everyone was having trouble hooking today so I'm thinking the track was junk and no matter what I tried it wasn't going to hook. Lost third round by .0062, .04 off my dial. Lights were ok though. Two weeks till Atco and a good track. Can't wait! If this beast doesn't hook at Atco I see mini tubs in my future! Gotta get it hookin!
514Fox87
514Fox87

Back to top Go down

First race of the year Empty Re: First race of the year

Post  cool40 May 1st 2011, 9:17 pm

put some tire under it! Cool
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 1st 2011, 10:57 pm

514Fox87 wrote:Went to my first race of the year this year. Got the hood problem fixed! Car ran really well but still having trouble getting hold of the track. !.36 60' and still spun. Ended up losing third round but with a spinning 1.42 60' what do you do? Tried air pressure changes, shock adjustments, loosened and tightened, didn't make much difference. Everyone was having trouble hooking today so I'm thinking the track was junk and no matter what I tried it wasn't going to hook. Lost third round by .0062, .04 off my dial. Lights were ok though. Two weeks till Atco and a good track. Can't wait! If this beast doesn't hook at Atco I see mini tubs in my future! Gotta get it hookin!

Good luck man Smile Hey,how's Rodger's Maverick coming along?

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra May 2nd 2011, 9:00 am

cool40 wrote:put some tire under it! Cool
It isn't a tire problem its a suspension problem theres guys hookin the same size tire with way more power in the same car. You can still spin off the line with it fully tubbed if its not right. And as far as last nite Mel yes the track sucked bad so don't base anything from that Cause when its good your car hooks Twisted Evil There were fully tubbed wheel standers last nite that spun sideways & never lifted a tire at all.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down