BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stock 460 intake option

+8
dfree383
peganit2
psquare75
rmcomprandy
LivermoreDave
res0rli9
69F100
Travis460
12 posters

Go down

stock 460 intake option Empty stock 460 intake option

Post  Travis460 May 8th 2011, 1:40 pm

I have a 1990 mustang I am building for street strip car. I am pulling trans and engine out of running motorhome carries good oil pressure runs good. I am going to leave it stock for now. I have swap headers and a 750 proform carb. I was told to run a single plane, like a victor on it, since it is such a big cube engine and needs air. and would arleady have the intake for future upgrades. Or run performer rpm??? If you need more info just ask. rear is 8.8 with 3.73's.

Thanks to all help,

Travis

Travis460

Back to top Go down

stock 460 intake option Empty Re: stock 460 intake option

Post  69F100 May 8th 2011, 5:07 pm

for a street engine a daul plain will work best on a stock engine and very mild build to drive cubes want matter witch it the best that come in to play with the heads and cam shaft you are using to get the best preformance out of the intake.The daul plain will help down low tq where the open single will help out on top end in high rpms.

69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 May 8th 2011, 5:20 pm

the stock intake beats the others up to about 3500 rpms.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave May 8th 2011, 5:45 pm

Travis460 wrote:I have a 1990 mustang I am building for street strip car. I am pulling trans and engine out of running motorhome carries good oil pressure runs good. I am going to leave it stock for now. I have swap headers and a 750 proform carb. I was told to run a single plane, like a victor on it, since it is such a big cube engine and needs air. and would arleady have the intake for future upgrades. Or run performer rpm??? If you need more info just ask. rear is 8.8 with 3.73's.

Thanks to all help,

Travis

Travis, if I may chime in? Let me first say, your gonna get plenty opinions and here's mine! The engine as removed from the motorhome probably won't like the Victor. The engine may not like the Victor after your "street/strip" build, if your build is honest to street performance and drive-ability. IMO, there are a few intake manifolds between where your at and the Victor. Check with Lem or Shawn at BF Evans Raceparts (a sponsor and linked to this website) and ask if they have any more of those Motorsport pieces lying around for a couple hundred bucks! One thing I would consider, is replacing the RV converter with another not so tight!

One thing for sure, that Victor will sure look pretty under that hood!

Just my $0.02,
Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 8th 2011, 7:03 pm

LivermoreDave wrote:
Travis460 wrote:I have a 1990 mustang I am building for street strip car. I am pulling trans and engine out of running motorhome carries good oil pressure runs good. I am going to leave it stock for now. I have swap headers and a 750 proform carb. I was told to run a single plane, like a victor on it, since it is such a big cube engine and needs air. and would arleady have the intake for future upgrades. Or run performer rpm??? If you need more info just ask. rear is 8.8 with 3.73's.

Thanks to all help,

Travis

Travis, if I may chime in? Let me first say, your gonna get plenty opinions and here's mine! The engine as removed from the motorhome probably won't like the Victor. The engine may not like the Victor after your "street/strip" build, if your build is honest to street performance and drive-ability. IMO, there are a few intake manifolds between where your at and the Victor. Check with Lem or Shawn at BF Evans Raceparts (a sponsor and linked to this website) and ask if they have any more of those Motorsport pieces lying around for a couple hundred bucks! One thing I would consider, is replacing the RV converter with another not so tight!

One thing for sure, that Victor will sure look pretty under that hood!

Just my $0.02,
Dave.

Dave,
With any decent air cleaner, that Victor won't fit UNDER the stock hood, lol.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Travis460 May 8th 2011, 11:01 pm

Thanks guys for the responses. really I dont care about streetability too much, I have been in drag racing my whole life, what I will be after is a streetable racecar really. im not the type that likes a nice cruiser, but more of a wicked street car. as far as hood clearance, I have a harwood 6" cowl hood and a 14" drop base aircleaner, so i will see where its at when i get this thing in the car. Right now the main focus is getting the car running and driving so i can have some kind of fun for a summer atleast, I dont care if this thing runs 11's in the 1/8 lol its been a Loooooong time since i have had any hotrod or anything together to play with. Eventually what I would like to end up with is this, dont car about horse power number but a low to mid 11 second car is what im lookin for. Automatic trans 90 mustang, engine pump gas friendly with stock heads, ported large valves, custom solid flat camshaft, w/e size carb i need. to better explain here is a couple links of a buddy's car with a cleveland and 4 speed toploader. I am wanting something similar to this in the long run only with a big block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UipzjqIr4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hid9nWXFpOQ&feature=related

First time out no tuning 11.1 in the 1/4 on 87 octane

again, thanks for all the replies and help with this.

Travis

Travis460

Back to top Go down

Post  psquare75 May 9th 2011, 12:30 pm

stock 460 intake option 31KE3PDHRKL._SS500_

You'll need one of these, with the stock intake. It adds 1" I think, I just put one on the budget RV engine I am putting together.
psquare75
psquare75

http://www.reklessracing.net

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave May 9th 2011, 10:30 pm

Randy from Roseville mentioned:

Dave,
With any decent air cleaner, that Victor won't fit UNDER the stock hood, lol.

Randy does that mean that an indecent air cleaner will? I knew an indecent girl one time, she would fit almost anywhere! .. No

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave May 9th 2011, 10:36 pm

Travis460 wrote:Thanks guys for the responses. really I dont care about streetability[/color] too much, I have been in drag racing my whole life, what I will be after is a streetable racecar really. im not the type that likes a nice cruiser, but more of a wicked street car. as far as hood clearance, I have a harwood 6" cowl hood and a 14" drop base aircleaner, so i will see where its at when i get this thing in the car. Right now the main focus is getting the car running and driving so i can have some kind of fun for a summer atleast, I dont care if this thing runs 11's in the 1/8 lol its been a Loooooong time since i have had any hotrod or anything together to play with. Eventually what I would like to end up with is this, dont car about horse power number but a low to mid 11 second car is what im lookin for. Automatic trans 90 mustang, engine pump gas friendly with stock heads, ported large valves, custom solid flat camshaft, w/e size carb i need. to better explain here is a couple links of a buddy's car with a cleveland and 4 speed toploader. I am wanting something similar to this in the long run only with a big block.

Travis

Surely you don't expect that big block to run with that Cleveland .... do ya? ... silent

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Travis460 May 10th 2011, 9:24 pm

LivermoreDave wrote:
Travis460 wrote:Thanks guys for the responses. really I dont care about streetability[/color] too much, I have been in drag racing my whole life, what I will be after is a streetable racecar really. im not the type that likes a nice cruiser, but more of a wicked street car. as far as hood clearance, I have a harwood 6" cowl hood and a 14" drop base aircleaner, so i will see where its at when i get this thing in the car. Right now the main focus is getting the car running and driving so i can have some kind of fun for a summer atleast, I dont care if this thing runs 11's in the 1/8 lol its been a Loooooong time since i have had any hotrod or anything together to play with. Eventually what I would like to end up with is this, dont car about horse power number but a low to mid 11 second car is what im lookin for. Automatic trans 90 mustang, engine pump gas friendly with stock heads, ported large valves, custom solid flat camshaft, w/e size carb i need. to better explain here is a couple links of a buddy's car with a cleveland and 4 speed toploader. I am wanting something similar to this in the long run only with a big block.

Travis

Surely you don't expect that big block to run with that Cleveland .... do ya? ... silent

Dave.

not with just an intake change LOL

Travis460

Back to top Go down

Post  Travis460 May 10th 2011, 9:27 pm

It dont have to keep up with the cleveland I just want something that runs similar to it.

Travis460

Back to top Go down

Post  peganit2 May 11th 2011, 6:43 pm

That 351C Fox is FEARSOME!

That sure looks like West Branch Michigan. Is it?

peganit2

Back to top Go down

Post  Travis460 May 11th 2011, 9:34 pm

That is howell MI, Im not lookin to keep up with that car, (though that would be awesome) just posted the vids to show you kind of what type of street/strip car I am after in the long run. I have decided I am just going to go with the RPM Intake alot of you guys still run really good with these intakes.

Thanks for your replies guys, really appreciate it.

Travis460

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 13th 2011, 7:51 am

with a stock motor, use the performer and a 750

Low Compression, Small Cams and other non-performance stuff dosen't work well with the victor.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy May 16th 2011, 3:08 pm

A bit off topic from post # one above, but for what it's worth, a 460 will fit under the stock hood of a 79-93 Fox Stang.
It just is a little harder to do, but is do-able.

The pics show my block in position with the Torker II intake and Procharger bonnet (for later Wink
However, I did fit it with the Holley and 14 x 3 Moroso air cleaner.
It barely clears the factory hood blanket, but closes perfect, and as an added bonus, my tall MSD dizzy cleared the hood as well. Very Happy

Custom solid mounts and 1 1/2 inch k-frame spacers.

stock 460 intake option DSCF1915
stock 460 intake option DSCF1912

83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 16th 2011, 3:13 pm

83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:A bit off topic from post # one above, but for what it's worth, a 460 will fit under the stock hood of a 79-93 Fox Stang.
It just is a little harder to do, but is do-able.

The pics show my block in position with the Torker II intake and Procharger bonnet (for later Wink
However, I did fit it with the Holley and 14 x 3 Moroso air cleaner.
It barely clears the factory hood blanket, but closes perfect, and as an added bonus, my tall MSD dizzy cleared the hood as well. Very Happy

Custom solid mounts and 1 1/2 inch k-frame spacers.

stock 460 intake option DSCF1915
stock 460 intake option DSCF1912

Of course it will but, NOT with a Victor or other tall intake manifold.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave May 17th 2011, 2:52 pm

T-Bird Guy, what brand of lifters are those with that copper finish?

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy May 17th 2011, 9:34 pm

LivermoreDave wrote:T-Bird Guy, what brand of lifters are those with that copper finish?

Dave.
Dave:
"Chain Store" brand.....LOL
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea May 18th 2011, 12:23 pm

83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:
LivermoreDave wrote:T-Bird Guy, what brand of lifters are those with that copper finish?

Dave.
Dave:
"Chain Store" brand.....LOL

^ LOL! ^

OP: What type heads and what year is the engine? Fuelie heads require a different intake, correct?
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  7.5 May 19th 2011, 11:04 am

psquare75 wrote:stock 460 intake option 31KE3PDHRKL._SS500_

You'll need one of these, with the stock intake. It adds 1" I think, I just put one on the budget RV engine I am putting together.

What is it called? Why is it needed? Does it need to have the extra part that is cast off the side of it?

Back to top Go down

Post  JACKAZZFLATZ May 21st 2011, 12:11 am

If using the stock intake, it covers up the EGR port, that was formally covered up by the EGR adaptor, that is probly corroded beyond use, and will require lotsa copper RTV to seal. whew.
JACKAZZFLATZ
JACKAZZFLATZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Travis460 May 21st 2011, 6:57 pm

sorry guys, i have to clarify, im not using stock intake, the 460 is stock, I was wondering what intake to put on it. The engine is not a fuelie engine, it is a late 70's i do beleive, heads are stock. I am going to buy a true roller timing chain and install cam straight up, and do some distributor tricks to help it out as well.

thanks

Travis

Travis460

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down