BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSR flex plate ???s

3 posters

Go down

CSR flex plate ???s Empty CSR flex plate ???s

Post  A70maverick May 16th 2011, 9:57 pm

Anyone running a CSR flex plate? I was running a ATI last year, and replaced the crank and pistons in my engine, old setup was external balance so I bought a new neutral CSR plate. I bolted it up on the motor, and the flex plate bolts bottom out on the rear main cap, and the nose of the converter bottoms out in the crank before the pads touch the plate also. Am i missing something like a spacer or something that's supposed to go with this? Thanks!

A70maverick

Back to top Go down

CSR flex plate ???s Empty Re: CSR flex plate ???s

Post  Wheelie58 May 16th 2011, 11:31 pm

I am not sure how the ATI wheel is set up. I have a neutral balance CSR wheel that is a flat - no offset wheel that uses normal bolts. If your bolts are hitting the cap, they are the incorrect ones. That must be a common issue, since I see lots of engines with "bolt marks" on the rear main cap and block in that area.
ARP does make a Pro Series bolt kit for the application. Their 200-2902 bolt (set) has a length of .680" and should be the correct part. The stock flexplate used a reinforcement ring that goes against the bolt flange area. If you had one of those before, that could explain the interference.
Hopefully this helps....
Keith
www.KeithFulpMotorsports.com
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 May 16th 2011, 11:36 pm

I read the rest of the posting....I am not sure about your converter deal. It sounds like the converter is built for a thicker mid-plate or something. But if you had it before, you may want to measure the distance that the crank flange is from the rear of the block compared to your old crank.
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole May 17th 2011, 8:54 am

I ran an ATI flexplate on both my dragsters. Here is the deal on the bolts being too long and hitting. The ATI uses the bolt on converter adapter that goes between the crank flange and flexplate. Due to this the regular .680 long bolts are too short. If you run and ATI you have to use longer than normal bolts and then when switch to another flexplate without the bolt on adapter you have to go back to the std length bolts. For my ATI I used 1" bolts that had been cut and shortened to about .800"
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Post  A70maverick May 17th 2011, 8:49 pm

Ok, guys. Sounds like I just need shorter bolts. I was more concerned with the starter engagement, and converter depth in the pump than the bolts. I'll just get a few thou off the snout and should be all good. Thanks!

A70maverick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down