BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green Valley WI

+2
IDT-572
TRUKPULR
6 posters

Go down

Green Valley WI Empty Green Valley WI

Post  TRUKPULR June 5th 2011, 12:26 pm

Green Valley WI Pull

Well after a Long Cold Winter the Pulling Season has Caught a lot off pullers of guard, And a few Trucks haven't even got there motors yet. Last check there's 2 Mod trucks not ready yet, and 5 Super Stock truck, And one Open Stock Truck waiting for there motors to be finished.

So Green Valley is the first pull on the N.E.W. Motorsports schedule. There where Only 7 Super Stock trucks available for the pull. I signed up and ended up being the last puller in the class. Class Line up was Junk Yard Dog, Bad to the Bone, The Angry Beaver, Derek Peetz And the Good Ford, Locked and Loaded, Mean Streak, And ShaZam.

Now over the winter I pulled the C6 out of ShaZam and put a triple disk slipper clutch in and a reverser. So we should be putting all of ShaZam power to the ground this season. Now this means my little starting line ritual is going to be somewhat different this season.
Seeing how we have a brake inside the reverser to help get it in gear, And I hooked my Tyranny brake up to a peddle next to the clutch peddle so ShaZam has three peddle. It will take some getting use to but it works great.

So OK the class Starts and John Vanne is the test truck, John Run looked good and the sled stopped him at the 311' mark but John wanted to make a second run at it so he turned his pull down to come back at the end of the class. Next up was My Beer drinking buddy Bruce Wagner, Now Bruce has a All new Goodwin motor in Bad to the Bone after junking it out last year at Shakey Lakes. So to test his New Motor Bruce put a gear bigger in the box then he would normally run, Coming out of the hole he had to slip the clutch to keep the motor in it's power band and then about 50 feet out he had to stab it to get the motor to come up, But it zinged up to 8000 Rpm's and blew the tires out from beneath his truck and stopped at the 306.75 foot mark. So Jack Peters is up next and made his run down the track And I didn't get to see it as I was getting ShaZam to the scale, But his run was 284.90 feet. Next up was Derek and his Good White Ford. I was still at the scale but I heard his run and it sounded good but I also heard afterward he took it real easy with this being his first pull on his New motor and the sled stopped him at the 301.78 feet.
Up Next was Tory's Locked and Loaded, Now I should have been out and watching Tory's run but I was running around getting 100 # weights back in ShaZam seeing the scale seemed to have changed from when I went on it early in the day and ShaZam was 130 Pounds heavy. But Tory's run sounded good and he pulled the sled 315.32' Up next was Luther's Mean Streak, As I pulled ShaZam into the track area I seen them Head down the track but it was dusty so I never seen how they finished. All I seen was they where getting pulled off the track after there run so they could get a good read in there spark plugs.
Ok so now I get ShaZam out onto the track get backed up to the sled with out goofing anything up with the reverser and the clutch peddles, Stopped with out hitting the sled and pulled the chain tight. Now to this point everything was good Chains tight. Now I haven't used a Clutch peddle since 2001. As I got the green flag I started to bring the r's up and felt ShaZam wanting to leave the line but the r's where only 2500 so I pushed against the peddle to get the r's higher and at 4500 I was rolling down the track and got off the line with out any bouncing and held the r's at 5500 till the tires got caught up to the track and then matted the throttle and watched the r's head up to 8100 rpm's and I seemed to have a good run going but then the last stage hit and I blew the tires out from beneath ShaZam and we came to a stop at the 314.30 foot mark. As I got ShaZam back to the trailer everything looked good as far as Temp. and oil pressure, So I loaded her up on the trailer and let her cool there as I chained her down. Had three drips on the trailer which I'll address this week. So I finished 3rd for the day with the Junk Yard Dogs re-pull only making it 309.42' .

So Now Bruce and I where sitting by the trailer analyzing our pulls, Bruce said he was two gears to high and when he stab it to get the r's up his wheel speed was more then the track could handle. Now Bruce said he was at the end of the track and He saw when the last stage hit it almost looked like my back of the truck lifted off the ground. Cuz Bruce said my ass-end shifted right about 2 feet. So there some other stuff I have to look at this week. Did I possible break and axle or is the angle of my hitch causing the truck to lift at the end of the run. Will make some changes during the week and try it out at Oconto WI Pull this Friday night.

So See ya next week.

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Green Valley WI Empty Re: Green Valley WI

Post  IDT-572 June 5th 2011, 2:08 pm

Thanks Dan I enjoyed the read, keep um coming. Cool
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 6th 2011, 10:11 am

X2 always a good read !! Thanks
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea June 6th 2011, 12:26 pm

IDT-572 wrote:Thanks Dan I enjoyed the read, keep um coming. Cool

Most Definitely. I look forward to reading about Shazam's pulling adventures.

Good luck with the rest of the season.

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty June 7th 2011, 8:28 am

Sounds like it's going to be a fun season Dan. Keep us posted as your stories are always a good read. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno June 7th 2011, 9:07 am

excellent read , go get-um Shazam !!!!

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno