BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green Valley WI

3 posters

Go down

Green Valley WI Empty Green Valley WI

Post  TRUKPULR June 3rd 2012, 9:19 am

Green Valley

Well I'll have to say they finally got the track prep right at Green Valley. After 4 years of hit and miss this year it was dead on.

We had a few sprinkles during the afternoon but that only enhanced the track.
We added one more truck in Super and Mod today Scott Luther and Mean Streak came up to play. Scott's going to be hard to beat this year, they still have the truck dialed in from last season ( NEW Points Champion ) and it's running strong again.

I was the 4th puller in Super stock today, And earlier I was talking to Pat about last years pull here where I pulled 315.11' I was hoping to have a good showing this year even with my small back up motor in ShaZam hope to have my good motor in for this Fridays pull at Oconto.

So after the normal 3 hr wait the Super Stock Classes turn came up. Bruce was the first puller and he had a pull of 316.49' next in line was Derek and he pulled the sled to a mark of 313.24' Derek also has his little back up motor in to. His new A-head motor hasn't shown up yet. So next up we had Tom and he had a good run pulling the sled 315.33' but blew a oil line off at the end of the track giving the crowd a ahhh moment with lots of smoke coming off his headers.

So it's ShaZam's turn, My back up motor don't like fire up like my other motor, she kicks back on the starter a lot so I waited till they had Tom pulled off the track before I fired ShaZam up and got hooked to the sled. As I waited for the green flag I looked over the gauges and everything looked good oil pressure holding steady @ 70 psi. Water temp just coming up to 100* so I set the tach got the green flag and brought the r's up to 3000 where my motor seems to have a slight stumble, Moved it up to 4000 and the clutch started in and I hit 5000 and I was heading down the track so I gave the hand Throttle a push all the way forward and the tach headed to 6800. Now normally I run 8000 to 8500 rpm but with this small motor 7000 is more of a normal run, so 6800 was gear right for this motor, the sled stopped me at 315.20' just .13' behind Tom. As I headed back to change tires the oil pressure was still holding good at 60 psi.

So changed over to the mod tires and waited for the Mod class to come up where I was the 5th puller out of 6 trucks tonight. So I got to watch Scott pull a ( 353.56 ) then Craig popping and farting just like Pokerface use to ended up at (329.91 ) then I had to head to the scale as Derek pulled ( 304.27 ) Bruce was next in front of me pulling ( 347.87 ) Next ShaZam did her best with a pull of ( 322.62 ) and Ed finished up the class with a pull of ( 301.42 ) So with this pull under our belts ShaZam with the small back up motor is a solid 4th place truck.

OK next pull on the schedule is Oconto Copper Fest Friday Night June 8th Pull starts @ 6:30 the whole NEW Club will be there so bring your drinking shoes.

See ya there

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Green Valley WI Empty Re: Green Valley WI

Post  njstang87 June 5th 2012, 12:57 pm

Glad to be reading your post's again Dan. Good luck!

njstang87

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn June 5th 2012, 10:54 pm

Good read Dan. I'll be running the "small cube" group this year as well... Very Happy

Good job.
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down