BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened to Dan Hobbs just now at Beech Bend ? Oildown ?

+6
56Tbird
Wheelie58
KY JELLY
res0rli9
longroofracer
83-88T-Bird Guy
10 posters

Go down

What happened to Dan Hobbs just now at Beech Bend ? Oildown ? Empty What happened to Dan Hobbs just now at Beech Bend ? Oildown ?

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy June 18th 2011, 10:12 pm

I was watching the live feed at the Hot Rod Reunion @ Beech Bend just now and they were re-setting the feed at the same time Dan made his run.
When they came back live the track crew was checking out his lane. Now they are cleaning up.

Can't tell what happened to his car tho..........

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/BangShift.com-to-Provide-FREE-Live-Streaming-of-the-Holley-NHRA-National-Hot-Rod-Reunion-Next-Weekend.html

edit : Just heard it was the first oildown of the weekend.
Also, the announcer says he threw the rods out of it....ouch !
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

What happened to Dan Hobbs just now at Beech Bend ? Oildown ? Empty Re: What happened to Dan Hobbs just now at Beech Bend ? Oildown ?

Post  longroofracer June 19th 2011, 1:30 am

Is he okay?
longroofracer
longroofracer

Back to top Go down

What happened to Dan Hobbs just now at Beech Bend ? Oildown ? Empty Re: What happened to Dan Hobbs just now at Beech Bend ? Oildown ?

Post  res0rli9 June 19th 2011, 3:35 am

longroofracer wrote:Is he okay?

XX2

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY June 19th 2011, 5:01 am

I have not talked to him , but when I woke up this morning there is a text from Dan on my phone that he won his class at the hot rod reunion .

edit I checked and that was at 12:23 pm no mention of the rods exiting maybe that was someone else after Dan ran ?

Last edited by KY JELLY on June 19th 2011, 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 June 19th 2011, 5:21 am

Just like Jelly, I had a text late last night that said that he won Round 1.
I asked who he beat, and he replied a real pretty black 66 Mustang. I assumed that they were done for the night.
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

What happened to Dan Hobbs just now at Beech Bend ? Oildown ? Empty Good news - Dan-O wins!

Post  Wheelie58 June 19th 2011, 6:37 am

Checked my phone....1:23 AM Dan-o reported that he just WON the Hot Rod Reunion (Gas Class) !!!!!!!
It was someone else that blew up.
Hoooray for the old Hippie!
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird June 19th 2011, 8:23 am

There was a 55 Tbird there that looked similar to mine .He blew up. It was a pretty quick clean up I guess, But it seemed like forever as I was suited up and buckled in for the clean up,and it was HOT!!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon June 19th 2011, 9:07 am

That other Bird looked very similar to the king But,not as nice.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy June 19th 2011, 9:10 am

56Tbird wrote:There was a 55 Tbird there that looked similar to mine .He blew up. It was a pretty quick clean up I guess, But it seemed like forever as I was suited up and buckled in for the clean up,and it was HOT!!

Glad to hear you and you're car are o.k.
The track p.a. system was not working for the internet t.v. crew so we couldn't hear the track announcer, just the 2 guys running the camera.

BTW....congrats on the win !
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  342g June 19th 2011, 10:58 am

The track p.a. wasn't working very good at the track, one of the worst I have heard, guess the bad weather took its toil on it. Very Happy
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell June 19th 2011, 11:06 am

gald to hear Dan and the bird are fine. Got worried when started reading.

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT June 19th 2011, 11:48 am

Congrats Dan on the win!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down