BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 Mustang V6 question???

2 posters

Go down

2000 Mustang V6 question??? Empty 2000 Mustang V6 question???

Post  whatbumper June 20th 2011, 3:39 pm

I have the running V6 out of a 2000 Mustang and was wondering what it was worth. I need to get rid of it to recover some of the cost for the car. I also have the automatic transmission (I will rebuild it) and rear end too. What is it all worth and would any of you need it for anything?

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

2000 Mustang V6 question??? Empty Re: 2000 Mustang V6 question???

Post  cool40 June 20th 2011, 10:02 pm

if you can hang on to it for a while you can sell it.i had some of the 94-98 3.8's back when i rebuilt a lot of cars and as they got older the headgaskets give trouble so i was able to move them.last one i had was a low mile engine and i got 600$ for it,hell that was 5-6 yr ago.the heads and intake on 99-04 are not like the older 3.8 or it would sell easy.the trans has a lot of the same hard parts as the older ones.i sold one to a trans builder/friend who showed me how the older one had a wire harness and the newer one had a flat plastic "board"that went on all together.he put new electronics in it for the older type trans and it worked like a top! the rearend is not a hot item,or not for me.i've let a few go for scrap but always thought they'd be the shit for a old streetrod if you did'nt mind the gear and no locker. Very Happy
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down