BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight removed ?

3 posters

Go down

Weight removed ? Empty Weight removed ?

Post  nuclearcobra June 24th 2011, 1:55 pm

If you take a 100lbs off the front such as aluminum heads and such what % of that 100lbs would come off the rear tires in a foxbody hatch mustang ? i never scaled a car so i have no idea.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Weight removed ? Empty Re: Weight removed ?

Post  IDT-572 June 24th 2011, 4:48 pm

2 tenths of a percent................. Rolling Eyes 3 lb Question
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper June 24th 2011, 11:47 pm

you will lose 100+lbs of transfer on the launch. what are your percentages now?

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra June 25th 2011, 12:49 am

I don't know what the percentages are ? how do you figure that out? with the 4 scale system ?
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper June 25th 2011, 12:56 am

nuclearcobra wrote:I don't know what the percentages are ? how do you figure that out? with the 4 scale system ?

sorry, I just skimmed over your first post. you can do the 4 scales thing or just go to the local weigh station or grain elevator and weigh the front and then just the rear with you in it race ready.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra June 25th 2011, 8:11 am

IDT-572 wrote:2 tenths of a percent................. Rolling Eyes 3 lb Question
Thats it ? so if it was sittin on 4 scales and i pulled a 100lbs off the front it would show 97 came off the front and 3 off the back roughly ? the reason i asked is i was thinking about a second battery in the back to put the weight back over the rear like it was before but if its about 3 lbs i don't think it matters much.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper June 25th 2011, 3:11 pm

that's not how you worded it though. If you where to add weight to the rear like a battery it would add the batteries weight to the rear plus more depending on how far behind the axle centerline it is located.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra June 26th 2011, 9:21 am

Yea i wasent sure if i worded it right either Laughing the single battery thats in it now is behind my firewall as far back as it can go right where the tail lights are. What got me thinking about this in the first place is the car always hooked even with a 150 shot off the line(1.40 or 1.48-49 on motor) with the old iron headed combo and now thats its got the new combo (still a 472'' but scj's)it spun and chriped them down the track on all 5 runs on it so far. so i figured its either my slicks are harder,the cars now lighter or the odyssey battery i put in was 21lbs lighter than the old one(it died finaly) or the converters not hitting the tires hard enough but it is wrinkling the crap outta them and pulling the wheels despite it spinning and chriping down the track(maybe locking on launch then slipping too much and unloading the suspension but i thought 10.23-24@ 132mph was showing the converters not slipping).So i have treated the slicks and put a regular heavy battery back in it and will see how it does next time then i can ruleout the weight on the rear tire thing and hard slicks.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 June 27th 2011, 9:17 am

nuclearcobra wrote:Yea i wasent sure if i worded it right either Laughing the single battery thats in it now is behind my firewall as far back as it can go right where the tail lights are. What got me thinking about this in the first place is the car always hooked even with a 150 shot off the line(1.40 or 1.48-49 on motor) with the old iron headed combo and now thats its got the new combo (still a 472'' but scj's)it spun and chriped them down the track on all 5 runs on it so far. so i figured its either my slicks are harder,the cars now lighter or the odyssey battery i put in was 21lbs lighter than the old one(it died finaly) or the converters not hitting the tires hard enough but it is wrinkling the crap outta them and pulling the wheels despite it spinning and chriping down the track(maybe locking on launch then slipping too much and unloading the suspension but i thought 10.23-24@ 132mph was showing the converters not slipping).So i have treated the slicks and put a regular heavy battery back in it and will see how it does next time then i can ruleout the weight on the rear tire thing and hard slicks.

Might have something to do with going from old iron heads to the SCJ aluminum heads Shocked
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra June 27th 2011, 9:44 am

Yep thought about that also Very Happy but i'll put it back like it was before to rule that out or not, i mean as far as good slicks and same weight on the rear. I know the new combo is making more power than before but i would'nt think more torque than the old combo with a 150 shot off the line but maybe i'm wrong and these scj's make more than i think affraid
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 17th 2011, 7:36 pm

Well new best time friday nite was a 10.12 on the brakes with a 1.445 60' @129.23mph on a 10.18 dial, the run before that was a 10.182 @132.97mph and a best short time of 1.428 60' The only thing diffrent was i put 2 of my wifes 10lb dumbbells in the back by the battery and treated the slicks with the formula v ,now its only spinnin half a rotation vs.spinning to the side a little and chriping them down the track a ways so im gonna try 10lbs more at a time to see what happens, but im thrilled with the changes so far Very Happy and still the timings set at 30 degrees and its the same aed 950 carb and 80-90 jets i broke it in with. This wednesday nite is a tnt and i'll try the 1050 dominator with the aluminum hvh 4150to4500 spacer and see what happens as well.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down