BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugar Bush WI

3 posters

Go down

Sugar Bush WI Empty Sugar Bush WI

Post  TRUKPULR July 2nd 2011, 8:47 pm

Sugar Bush Friday Night

Well I Pulled One Boner after another tonight. First one was you all remember the $8.32 I saved last week filling up in Maribel right. Well I blew that all to hell when I turned on the transfer pump when the main tank was at 3/4 full and forgot to turn it off till the 40 gal. Aux, tank was Almost empty. So I dumped Fuel from Stiles Junction to Abrams. The only good thing out of this is the Trailer and the underside of the truck will never rust now.

So now where the first one at the pull And I get all situated in the parking lot and went over to look at the track. Now this ids the first time Trucks have ever pulled here on this track. for the most part it's always been a Farm Tractors pull. So they had the track all disked up and it looked like it had some top soil in with the clay and they packed it in really good. So track wise it was a good track. Only had a few issues with it . First one was they pull up hill, We asked to run the other way but for years they pull up hill with a dead weight sled and they weren't ready to switch yet seeing they never had a self propelled type sled . I'm sure after a few more tries well get them to pull down hill.

And then talking with Jimmy he said he made a few changes on his sled to make it hook faster out of the hole. I heard him but I didn't listen to what he was saying. Now I got registered and ended up being the 2nd puller in the class. So I had the middle gear in the box and I thought it was a good decision for the night seeing last year I was pulling his sled with my high end gear.
Tonight Mod was going to be the 2nd class to run with Stock Diesel running first. So I was trying to judge the track from the diesels as to what gear I should run but I talked my self into leaving the middle gear in the box,
Steve Swanson was the 1st truck to pull and he pulled the sled 297 but turned it down to come back at the end of the class. So I didn't get to see much there, So I pulled ShaZam on to the track and get hooked up and pull the chain tight. So Boner number two coming up .... I push on the clutch to bring the r's up and I start to leave the line at 4000 rpm's but as I tried to get the r's up higher the tires hooked to the track and sucked the engine down to 3500 rpm's , So in panic mode I stabbed the clutch trying to get the engine to come up, But you can't stab a crower like you can regular clutch. Right here I should have just got out of it and tried to take off again a little hotter. But I thought ShaZam would come up from under herself.
I was wrong between going up hill, the changes Jimmy made to his sled and the fact the tires hooked like 5 feet out of the hole. ShaZam just could get up to it's power band and lugged down the track at 3500 Rpm's to the 247.11 foot mark.
So as I pulled back into the pit area to watch the rest of the class run I let ShaZam know it was my fault we didn't put on a good show tonight.

So next up was Jason Kakuk and he did a lot better then I did pulling the sled 293.72
Next up was Billy Buck Kirschner Our only Real Mod truck here tonight, and Billy was gear up like he was in Oconto which was a little high for tonight but still got the motor up and pulled his Truck into first place with a 307.08 pulled. So I was talking to Derek as the class was going on and told him that maybe he's want to drop down one more gear cuz the track was hooking fast. Next up was the Junk Yard Dog with Sheila driving tonight laying down a fine run of 293.53 next up was Jeff Koller and his truck with Super Stock tires on pulled the sled 272.47 So after a gear change Derek was up and as he left the line he got his r's up and then it seemed to hit the rev chip and then the trucks tires hooked and he was going like the bat out of hell pulling the sled to 294.65 putting him into 2nd place at that time. Next up was Tommy Scheffen with his new motor just to get a run on it before next weeks Super Stock pulls. Tommy had a day like I did he was Geared to high the Trucks Motor didn't coming up and he lugged it down the track to 233.50. OK here's where the night get interesting. Donny Skinkis get hooked up to the sled And comes off the line at like 8500 Rpm's and smoked the hell out of his clutch and lit his tires up off the line and then it hooked and he made a mad dash to the far end of the track came to a sliding stop at the 357.95 mark with top speed of the day at 27.90 mph. The crowd went wild cheering and clapping not knowing that the sled malfunction and the last stage never came down on him. So the last Truck in the class is now up Cory Lemirande and his Old School Chevy. Cory Came off the line just like Donny did 8500 and slipping the clutch like Crazed Mad Man. Cory's Truck hooked at the 20 foot mark and he was going like a bat out of hell but the last stage worked this time and stopped Cory at the 316.30 putting Cory in first place. Steve Swanson on his re-pull lost 7 feet but still finished 6th for the night. So I guess Donny was suppose to re-pull to but nobody told him he had to and was already back by his trailer already, So the class ended with Donny being Dq'd for the night.

So now we had the after pull get together by the trailers with a few beers to wash down the tears after we took a count of who all broke or didn't do good tonight. ShaZam finished 8th for the night out of 10 trucks, Jeff Koller found he blew a head gasket, Tommy had to winch is truck onto the trailer Cuz it would start. Derek Finished 3rd for the night thanks to the last minute gear change.
So All in All for the first time having Mod Truck at this pull we put on a decent showing but it was more of a schooling to us teaching us just what Our trucks can't do.

Marked down in log book .

OK Tomorrow is Gillett so I'll post after the pulls on how I did there .

dhoma@new.rr.com

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Sugar Bush WI Empty Re: Sugar Bush WI

Post  IDT-572 July 2nd 2011, 9:58 pm

Cool
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  njstang87 July 5th 2011, 10:40 am

Sorry to hear about the mishaps. These things happen. I enjoy reading your recaps every Monday.

njstang87

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down